Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Splaine being on the PFA list would suggest he isn’t coming back. All we’ve heard about Livingstone is the full time chat but I can’t check who would go for him and there’s not been a peep about Cuddihy.

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Always liked Rumsby, honest brave big laddie. Wouldn’t have minded him staying on as a backup centre half but I imagine he’s leaving because he wants to play. Definitely leaves with my best wishes.

Stirling still to sign one of our regulars..... 

17 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Heard someone mention that George Stanger of Dumbarton has gone to Alloa. Very disappointing news for us if true given we’re very short of centre halves.

TBH Alloa is probably a more enticing option than ourselves at the moment, plus no doubt offering more wonga.

Hopefully he will come to regret his decision, but we definitely need to start some CH recruitment !

19 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Interestingly Rumsby has been removed from the player profiles on the website however Livingston, Splaine and Cuddihy are all still there 

Because they've not been announced as having left. Rumsby was still on it up till today.

32 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Why would you want a centre half from one of the worst teams in the league?!

He only signed for them towards the end of the season and, barring a mistake in the play off semi-final, it would appear he was comfortably better than any other jobber ourselves or Dumbarton could field at centre half. Given we need a whole new host of defenders, I felt he was a fairly realistic target on our budget.

2 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

He only signed for them towards the end of the season and, barring a mistake in the play off semi-final, it would appear he was comfortably better than any other jobber ourselves or Dumbarton could field at centre half. Given we need a whole new host of defenders, I felt he was a fairly realistic target on our budget.

Aye, fair enough. We definitely need another two or three defenders who are up to first XI quality. We’ve struggled in the department for a while now outwith the four at the back we normally start with.

I’m beginning to wonder if we are maybe experiencing last seasons issue where our first and maybe second choice targets are knocking Danny back. Hope I’m wrong as it’s still relatively easy days but I’d be much happier if we saw a proper midfield player signing and of course a central defender. Even if our budget is restricted I hope we don’t resort to last season’s signing debacle, not a chance we will get away with it again without David Goodwillie’s goals.

(for clarity I’m not advocating his return btw)

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I’m beginning to wonder if we are maybe experiencing last seasons issue where our first and maybe second choice targets are knocking Danny back. Hope I’m wrong as it’s still relatively easy days but I’d be much happier if we saw a proper midfield player signing and of course a central defender. Even if our budget is restricted I hope we don’t resort to last season’s signing debacle, not a chance we will get away with it again without David Goodwillie’s goals.

(for clarity I’m not advocating his return btw)

Hi Freddie I think you are spot on with your analysis as this has all the hallmarks of last season only this time no superstar to bail us out.

Bryson lives in EK and we're playing at Hamilton, but he'd rather go to Stenny a league down and a club he will never have a history with like Clyde. Either Danny wasn't interested or that's a sign of what we're working with financially.

Kurtis Roberts, Connor Duthie, Jordan Allan, think that's the level we are operating at tbh. Hoping something sticks with youngish players who have maybe lost their way a wee bit.

The stuff about a competitive budget is just lip service to keep people onside I feel. Rumsby will probably end up at Alloa or Stirling or somewhere like that. Whilst I'm not his biggest fan its clear Danny wanted to keep him and our budget despite being "competitive" is still pretty weak.

Only positive I can say just about these signings so far is they are marginally more promising than some of the absolute shit we were acquiring this time last year, however we don't have a Goodwillie quality player to cover for that and carry weaker players this time.

Craig Bryson signs for Stenhousemuir. For purely sentimental reasons, I’d have liked to have seen him back here.

The fact he’s gone to stenny is very disappointing for more than sentimental reasons. We could have used his experience and ability, would walk into our team.

Regarding Bryson...as much as I'd love him back at Clyde he's played 39 games in 4 seasons. Maybe we didn't want to pay a decent chunk of wage for someone who has obvious fitness concerns?

Edited by Cutty Sark

Sounds like a wee bit of reality coming into play on some of the messages here thankfully. Sentimentality is a ridiculous reason to sign a player so Danny is right….if he was interested that is. Anybody else fancy watching a team winning 25% of their league games again or less then fair play to you…we simply are not in a position to challenge in any meaningful way and that’s sad to say… the video of “where the dream begins” highlighted how much of an opportunity Broadwood was and now we’re back to square 1.  The pyramid system now enforces a change in league structure and we have to be mindful of that…hopefully getting additional revenue at NDP will help but I’d be surprised if we don’t get relegated this season, without the need of a play off..sad to admit but obviously I hope I’m wrong.