Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Just now, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Would like to know who are peoples top 3 realistic signings this summer ? I mean lots to choose from but the problem is with the player choosing us over another club 

As an outsider looking at players that would do Clyde a turn,   Ally Roy.  Jordan Allan and Josh Kerr all ex Airdrie,   although Kerr has interest from Peter head I hear

2 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Would like to know who are peoples top 3 realistic signings this summer ? I mean lots to choose from but the problem is with the player choosing us over another club 

Havent a clue, many L1, L2 and lot of lowland league and junior teams are a more attractive proposition that we we have in terms of pay and what we are likely to do this year.

Hopefully the recruitment team has been putting the hours in over the last 6-12 months and taken in as many games at lowland league level and below and come up with a few gems who are interested in taking the step up to L1 level at the expense of maybe wages.

Wouldnt expect any Championship or L1 player who has been released to be interested in us which then leaves L2 and below players (which if they are at that level and have been released then they cant be of the standard for that level, let alone L1).

If you look at who has been signed already doesnt exactly fill you with much optimism

Ray Grant - released by L2 side.  I liked Grant first time round and hope DL can get same again from him.

Connor Duthie - released by L2 side - cant remember him from Dumbarton last year he was that much of a standout.

Steven Thicot - was a good player years ago and at 35 cant expect him to be pacy

Kurtis Roberts - released by L2 side

I personally think Kelty will be comfortably up the top half of the table, a mini league with Peterhead and Alloa sounds about right hard to say how good QOS will be as well as they have been dodging relegation last few years until now.. lots of good talent available and with an increased budget I’m not too worried a lot of Glasgow based boys I’m sure will bite your hands off to come to Clyde if we match whatever wages of our league rivals 

2 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Realistic would really depend on whether players that were full time are willing to drop down to part time yet. Assuming all these are willing to go part time, Mark Russell released by Morton would be decent for the left hand side, Peter Grant or Roberto Nditi for centre back, striker wise someone mentioned McHugh a while ago who must be approaching the end of his full time career. I know you said realistic but I would ask Chris Burke the question as I noticed he's at the PFA exit trials and IMO still has plenty to offer despite his age. 

Edited by CM.

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Is he?! I thought he was coaching Killie’s 17s.

Aye they were interviewing him from Broadwood on Sky Sports News earlier. Sure Killie offered him a coaching role only but he wanted to keep on playing.

3 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I personally think Kelty will be comfortably up the top half of the table, a mini league with Peterhead and Alloa sounds about right hard to say how good QOS will be as well as they have been dodging relegation last few years until now.. lots of good talent available and with an increased budget I’m not too worried a lot of Glasgow based boys I’m sure will bite your hands off to come to Clyde if we match whatever wages of our league rivals 

The main reason for our shite season was Barry and Boab. Our form after they left over the season would have put us in the promotion play-offs and the nucleus of the squad have already committed for the new season. So hard to tell at this stage with new signings to come and teams rebuilding, but I'd certainly be hoping we won't be battling relegation next season. 

Edinburgh City were effectively a mid table League 2 side and have lost good loans. They're going to have to strengthen significantly. Clyde IMO actually did really well last season for the quality of the squad. Again, lot of work required to strengthen. My feeling at the moment is that City, Clyde and Peterhead are the most likely to struggle. 

But so early, things might well look very different in a few weeks. 

8 hours ago, Waspie said:

The main reason for our shite season was Barry and Boab. Our form after they left over the season would have put us in the promotion play-offs and the nucleus of the squad have already committed for the new season. So hard to tell at this stage with new signings to come and teams rebuilding, but I'd certainly be hoping we won't be battling relegation next season. 

Edinburgh City were effectively a mid table League 2 side and have lost good loans. They're going to have to strengthen significantly. Clyde IMO actually did really well last season for the quality of the squad. Again, lot of work required to strengthen. My feeling at the moment is that City, Clyde and Peterhead are the most likely to struggle. 

Agree can’t see Alloa being anywhere near the danger zone will be between us, Peterhead and Edinburgh am afraid.

12 hours ago, Waspie said:

Agree with this, Alloa always had the basis on a strong league 1 team but were managed by someone who can’t manage. 

Airdries appointment for me puts them down towards mid table, struggling to see that go well but you never know. 

10 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Airdries appointment for me puts them down towards mid table, struggling to see that go well but you never know. 

Really interested to see how this works out - I've never been a fan of player/managers, just doesn't work 90% of the time. Especially given his assistant is also still going to be a player. Seems like the idea is to keep the boys together and roll with how things went last season.

6 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

In a stunning turn of events, it appears Callum Gallagher will, in fact, not be joining us next season.

I'm not really sure who came up with that rumour but Gal was never going to turn a deal to sign with Clyde

35 minutes ago, David W said:

A home game might have been on the telly but I'll take those two away trips, should maximise gate income.

How does that work again is it a 50/50 split for every game? 

Also, if we don’t play Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves at home games this season it’s a disgrace 😂