Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

16 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

What ever happened to Blair Henderson that played for them ? Mind him scoring 30 n then he just disappeared 

Spartans.

There's definitely a different feel to players who are available this summer compared to last. That's Josh Kerr left Airdrie, another one we'd happily take.

20 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

What ever happened to Blair Henderson that played for them ? Mind him scoring 30 n then he just disappeared 

Another who declined our offer of a contract last summer

On 21/05/2022 at 08:51, Scott-Replay said:

David Templeton eyeing a return to football through the part-time game. He currently coaches some of the youth teams at Hamilton. I know of a team that would fit EXTREMELY well around his other job.

Templeton signed for Drumchapel United

As said above, I think that we don’t have a great deal to offer for prospective players. We are going to drop like a stone out of this league based on our resources and that’s the way things are these days. I do take my hat off to the board for trying to make the best of this situation but I fear the worst. The Scottish League as it stands will look different due to the pyramid and have good support and funding behind the, and ultimately a good community base too. The Clyde job is too big to rely on 20 or so players a season to get us through. Don’t think I have the stomach for it this year to go on a regular basis and watch the inevitable but do I still contribute financially in some way….still considering. 

Just saw somebody on the Airdrie thread say we’ve enquired about Gallagher from them. That sort of wild speculation is what we’re looking for at this time of year!

In other news, Big Rob Jones has joined Splaine as the second member of last season’s squad on the hallowed PFA list.

I think we need to take a step back here. It’s not even the end of May yet. I’m relatively happy with our early business and with Danny on holiday we’ll see further faces soon. Plenty of players still available. I understand it will be a tough league due to size of (and/or the resources available to) the teams around us. However, surely that’s why we wanted to come up in the first place? To challenge ourself against bigger teams rather than playing Elgin, Cowdenbeath etc every other week.

Regarding the resources, I know we cannot compete with the budgets of many other clubs in our league but I doubt the stadium/board situation will make much of a difference to players who are ever only likely to be here on a year-to-year contract. As long as they get paid their wages, I doubt they’d take much notice. We also have offloaded our largest earner in Goodwillie and therefore have a bit more cash to be distributed throughout the squad. So far, I feel much more positive about an enjoyable product being served on the park than this time last year.

1 hour ago, Bob731 said:

As said above, I think that we don’t have a great deal to offer for prospective players. We are going to drop like a stone out of this league based on our resources and that’s the way things are these days. I do take my hat off to the board for trying to make the best of this situation but I fear the worst. The Scottish League as it stands will look different due to the pyramid and have good support and funding behind the, and ultimately a good community base too. The Clyde job is too big to rely on 20 or so players a season to get us through. Don’t think I have the stomach for it this year to go on a regular basis and watch the inevitable but do I still contribute financially in some way….still considering. 

I completely understand why you feel this way Bob and whilst I don’t know you, or your circumstances, I’d urge you get along next year. We certainly won’t get any better without supporters. I appreciate you’re saying you’d still contribute financially but after a season of relative disengagement, you may well find other things to spend your hard earned cash on. Not that I’d blame you, of course!

1 hour ago, Bob731 said:

That’s the spirit. 

6 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Not a chance we.ll fiinish below Edinburgh. Get a fuckkn grip..

We.ll be in a mini league with Peterhead. Allloa and Kelty...

Not concermed at all or close

On 24/05/2022 at 20:18, Ignoramus said:

I’m not so sure about that. I’d agree that that EC and Peterhead will be the obvious targets to finish above to try and stay up but Peterhead have always had the wool over us in the key games and I think EC will be well backed and are in a good geographic area for players.

Hi Guys you all need a sanity check as the shit will hit the fan unless these great players appear from nowhere. We wont take long to prop up the league next season and don't round up on DL as he has been dealt a shit hand with the player budget. The club can only pee with the c--- it has. The club has a premier league manager and we treat him like shit.

Not a chance we.ll fiinish below Edinburgh. Get a fuckkn grip..
We.ll be in a mini league with Peterhead. Allloa and Kelty...
Not concermed at all or close
Not entirely sure what ti make of Kelty but would agree with you in general but again as others said May isn't even out and many don't have enough for 7 a side teams yet so no need to panic right now

23 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The only reason they'll start off as bookies favourites to go down is because we've simply been in the division longer. They're well-backed, moving back to Meadowbank in the town and there will be a buzz about them. They also have access to East Coast based players so if a player is more that side of the country, they're more likely to join the third biggest team in the capitol. They have a promising young manager and the basis of a solid League 1 squad.

We have... none of that. We can offer a general malaise? No stadium of our own? A broken board? The chance to be a part of a nationally derided organisation and a bit of a laughing stock?

Some positive early business done, but if we don't see any further promising additions and some real board movement then the following season could be a very long one indeed.

Have you ever wrote a positive post about the team you claim to support?

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Hi Guys you all need a sanity check as the shit will hit the fan unless these great players appear from nowhere. We wont take long to prop up the league next season and don't round up on DL as he has been dealt a shit hand with the player budget. The club can only pee with the c--- it has. The club has a premier league manager and we treat him like shit.

Calm down fella it’s the 26th May the season doesn’t start for about 7 weeks, you’d think it starts this weekend the way you’ve been going this week. 

On 22/05/2022 at 12:53, JIMMY CHOO said:

There will be a lot of irons in the fire and new faces will appear over the next few weeks.This will be an exciting fit  fast and attacking Clyde team.

Less than a day later

On 23/05/2022 at 10:55, JIMMY CHOO said:

As we barely have enough players for a 7 a side match does anyone know what's happening as the season will be here before we know it.

🤔