Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Our recruitment team should currently be bursting their collective balls to get any of those QP lads on board.

Realistically though, they're more likely to want to stay full time, and any one of them would walk straight into the starting line-ups of Falkirk, Ayr, QotS etc. 

4 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Really struggling to see how we will be relegation favourites over Edinburgh City.

The only reason they'll start off as bookies favourites to go down is because we've simply been in the division longer. They're well-backed, moving back to Meadowbank in the town and there will be a buzz about them. They also have access to East Coast based players so if a player is more that side of the country, they're more likely to join the third biggest team in the capitol. They have a promising young manager and the basis of a solid League 1 squad.

We have... none of that. We can offer a general malaise? No stadium of our own? A broken board? The chance to be a part of a nationally derided organisation and a bit of a laughing stock?

Some positive early business done, but if we don't see any further promising additions and some real board movement then the following season could be a very long one indeed.

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The only reason they'll start off as bookies favourites to go down is because we've simply been in the division longer. They're well-backed, moving back to Meadowbank in the town and there will be a buzz about them. They also have access to East Coast based players so if a player is more that side of the country, they're more likely to join the third biggest team in the capitol. They have a promising young manager and the basis of a solid League 1 squad.

Fair points but I'm sure I read the Meadowbank return has been slightly delayed as the ground in its current state isn't up to SPFL standard. Could be another spell at Ainsley Park initially unless they have a different venue lined up short term. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

We have... none of that. We can offer a general malaise? No stadium of our own? A broken board? The chance to be a part of a nationally derided organisation and a bit of a laughing stock?

Some positive early business done, but if we don't see any further promising additions and some real board movement then the following season could be a very long one indeed.

Is the east coast littered with outstanding players for league 1 without a club? It’s not like we are 200 miles away from there either So I don’t see that being a major issue.

I also disagree that playing for the third biggest club in the capital is a pull over us or any other league 1 team tbh. Peterhead probably the only exception to that one given they’re in the arse end of nowhere.

the basis of our squad is better than Edinburgh’s. Edinburgh are a team we should be looking to take 9 points off this season.

On the past couple of seasons results I would imagine we will be bottom half again but there’s still a lot of recruiting to be completed to top off the promising start. .

I just don’t get all the doom and gloom when we are 2 minutes into pre season effectively, but it’s the same every year on here.

5 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Is the east coast littered with outstanding players for league 1 without a club? It’s not like we are 200 miles away from there either So I don’t see that being a major issue.

I also disagree that playing for the third biggest club in the capital is a pull over us or any other league 1 team tbh. Peterhead probably the only exception to that one given they’re in the arse end of nowhere.

the basis of our squad is better than Edinburgh’s. Edinburgh are a team we should be looking to take 9 points off this season.

On the past couple of seasons results I would imagine we will be bottom half again but there’s still a lot of recruiting to be completed to top off the promising start. .

I just don’t get all the doom and gloom when we are 2 minutes into pre season effectively, but it’s the same every year on here.

Doom and gloom was justified last year but I agree that there's no need yet this season.

Edinburgh will no doubt improve but that team they had last season would struggle mightily at this level.