Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Young lad Lennon Walker (18) on loan at Bo’ness this year from Dundee United. Has looked a cracking player few times I’ve seen him. Bit of the Scott banks about him. Would love to see him in a Clyde shirt next season.

12 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Young lad Lennon Walker (18) on loan at Bo’ness this year from Dundee United. Has looked a cracking player few times I’ve seen him. Bit of the Scott banks about him. Would love to see him in a Clyde shirt next season.

Don't know if you posted this because you seen it yourself but I noticed him among Dundee Utd's released list yesterday. You reckon he could play at L1 level after just being in Lowland? Would be a bit wary of bringing in project players after wasting money on the likes of Andrew, McGrath and Kennedy last summer.

Edited by CM.

Don't know if you posted this because you seen it yourself but I noticed him among Dundee Utd's released list yesterday. You reckon he could play at L1 level after just being in Lowland? Would be a bit wary of bringing in project players after wasting money on the likes of Andrew, McGrath and Kennedy last summer.

I didn’t realise he had been released actually, just knew his loan had ended. He looked a cut above at lowland league level, great at dribbling and taking players on. Seemed to score a few goals too. Plenty of time to develop too at that age. I would much rather we took a chance on exciting young players released from higher up the game than compete jobbers from league 2 or lower. (Not a criticism of this years recruitment btw, more the last few years).

49 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Think you are signing a player from the East of Scotland league not announced yet as the team still have 2 games left.

My money‘s on the 17 year old trialist we had from Camelon in one of the Glasgow Cup games.

5 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

My money‘s on the 17 year old trialist we had from Camelon in one of the Glasgow Cup games.

Joe Bevan? Would make sense but Camelon’s season is done. Sure he was actually on loan at Camelon from Bo’Ness though and not sure if they’re done.

David Templeton eyeing a return to football through the part-time game. He currently coaches some of the youth teams at Hamilton. I know of a team that would fit EXTREMELY well around his other job.

45 minutes ago, David W said:

Somebody get DL back from his holiday pronto.

If only we had a Head of Football or a Head of recruitment......

14 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Gregory Tade signs for Cumbernauld Colts. The number of players we released dropping to League 2 or below speaks volumes. Makes it all the more astonishing we stayed up!

Not sure many gave us a chance after the cup exit......quite an achievement given the squad and the lack of depth through injuries.

Edited by JBJ
Spelling