Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I was a ball boy behind the goal he scored into after that handball. One of The most blatant handballs I’ve ever seen at a game.

Reckon he carried the ball at least 5 yards under his arm !!

Ref got the usual help from the 'assistant referee' of course.

On 13/05/2022 at 11:28, Only one David Marsh said:

Danny has been backed with a decent budget

DG won't be back either board saying it's time to move on from that chapter.

New stadium in the works with a couple of sites in Glasgow in talks with GCC with a view to having something substantial in 3-5 years

Still paying the same as we did for broadwood but more opportunities in the way of income from matchdays

We need to raise 162k over the next year to cover the loss budgeted for (would be less if we had cup run, bigger crowds than expected etc)

Players that have been offered deals have until this weekend to sign on again so Danny can move onto other targets 

There's more I've probably forgotten

162k seems like a pretty substantial number no?

I find it hard to believe livingstone is getting a full time deal, he’s a good player but not sure about that one. Hope cuddihy stays though. 

If rumsby goes then he’ll go with thanks and remembered as part of the team going up, but I wouldn’t miss him. 

I'm not sure why losing Rumsby would be a good thing? Apart from giving away a handful of harsh penalties at the beginning of the campaign, he's turned into a dependable option at the back. Probably not on much wage wise either, I would definitely keep even as cover. 

Really hoping Cuddihy and Livingstone are announced soon. I find it crazy that Cuddihy has flown under the radar for other teams so often during the summers, he's the first name on the team sheet for me. 

13 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I find it hard to believe livingstone is getting a full time deal, he’s a good player but not sure about that one. Hope cuddihy stays though. 

If rumsby goes then he’ll go with thanks and remembered as part of the team going up, but I wouldn’t miss him. 

I'd second that. Thought Livingstone looked improved at Clyde than when he played with us but never thought he'd get a full time gig especially quite yet. Wonder who is in for him? 

I'd second that. Thought Livingstone looked improved at Clyde than when he played with us but never thought he'd get a full time gig especially quite yet. Wonder who is in for him? 
If i was to guess it would be one of the clubs that are full time in our league which would be slightly disappointing

I'd keep Livingstone as he played well for chunks of last season and is a player with some technical ability and pace. I think it would also benefit him to stay and get another 30-40 games under his belt as he's already lost a season at Cove.

However, the fact is, he's a left-back that is awful at left-back. In terms of actual defending, the difference between him and Docherty was night and day.

41 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You’d struggle to see past the likes of Ayr or Queen of the south if they were staying full time. 

Heard that about Rumsby too, he'd go with my thanks for his efforts the last few years but I don't think he's good enough for this level personally. 

Hopefully 1 or 2 new faces soon... also interested to see who Airdrie and QP let go now their seasons done, most of even their fringe players were better than anything we had.

Edited by CM.