Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Airdrie’s best spell of the 2019/20 season was playing a 4-2-3-1 with the three being Callum Smith and Dale Carrick out wide and Kurtis Roberts in the middle. Three hard workers who track back, win the ball and drive forward. If you can get him in a system like that you’ll love him.

I’m still not entirely sure how good he is. He fitted into that Airdrie team really well, he loved to press high up the pitch and drive forward with the ball but he never seemed fit enough. Indeed, in his one solid run in the team I don’t think he ever completed a full 90 minutes. I wouldn’t expect lots of assists from him but he’ll help push the team up the park and he likes a shot from distance. Fans generally seem to really like him, our fans were constantly moaning about him not playing and then being released but he wouldn’t get near our current midfield. He’s an improvement on some of the jobbers that Clyde had this season though and I think he’ll be a good signing. 

Danny has been backed with a decent budget

DG won't be back either board saying it's time to move on from that chapter.

New stadium in the works with a couple of sites in Glasgow in talks with GCC with a view to having something substantial in 3-5 years

Still paying the same as we did for broadwood but more opportunities in the way of income from matchdays

We need to raise 162k over the next year to cover the loss budgeted for (would be less if we had cup run, bigger crowds than expected etc)

Players that have been offered deals have until this weekend to sign on again so Danny can move onto other targets 

There's more I've probably forgotten

23 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

New stadium in the works with a couple of sites in Glasgow in talks with GCC with a view to having something substantial in 3-5 years

Still paying the same as we did for broadwood but more opportunities in the way of income from matchdays

We need to raise 162k over the next year to cover the loss budgeted for (would be less if we had cup run, bigger crowds than expected etc)

Players that have been offered deals have until this weekend to sign on again so Danny can move onto other targets 

Did Diamond talk and/or PJ's laptop work this time?

2 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Targeting mobile "dynamic" players with pace rather than a target man.  

No more UK streaming of matches

Traditional season book/ card plus digital option

Really supportive statement about DGW's wellbeing that should have been made 3 months ago

Main area in stand available for punters for drinks and pie beans / curry rice pre-match.  Hospitality upstairs.  Pauline behind the bar should be our next signing.

DL seems happier with recruitment todate versus last year

5 year deal at NDP reviewed After 3 years

We will look at Friday Sunday and reverse fixtures where we clash with Accies

Training at K Park on Thurs and Hammy Palace on Tuesday.

The shows were there behind the wee stand to welcome us 'travellers'

No realistic plans for academy set up

2 hours ago, CM. said:

I can remember a Friday night game against St Mirren in 2003 (IIRC was Scotland v Holland play off weekend to avoid a clash), have we had one since?

Think we got beat by a Charlie Adam handball that night? 

No, we won 2-0. I'm sure we scored the second really late on and there was chaos with the crowd getting in. My abiding memory of the game was that we had moved to a 442 after starting the season playing a back three.

The Adam handball was when Roberts was in charge.