Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

He’s played at a decent level anyway. At least it’s the type of signing that leaves you thinking “At least he might be quite decent”, compared to last year where you could tell straight away they’d be rubbish.

I wonder if that’s us done for the day?

Edited by Scott-Replay

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Hopefully not. Apparently Kurtis Roberts is done so might as well get that announced today.

Roberts was a decent player at QP and Airdrie from what I recall. He seems to have split the support at Stirling though. Some calling him rubbish, some saying he was onto a thankless task. Again, on paper, he’d be an improvement over some of the jobbers we had last season.

5 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Roberts was a decent player at QP and Airdrie from what I recall. He seems to have split the support at Stirling though. Some calling him rubbish, some saying he was onto a thankless task. Again, on paper, he’d be an improvement over some of the jobbers we had last season.

Yeah, I'm not sure performances last year at Stirling are anything to go by considering their various struggles so if it is announced we've signed him I'll be quite open minded.

Unusually and suspiciously positive start to the days proceedings.

42 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Kurtis Roberts was very good for us, I think the only real reason he left us was that Stuart Millar (our director of football at the time) publicly criticised him for his fitness.

He'd be a decent signing for Clyde and would definitely improve your midfield. He was used as a creative midfielder and also box to box for us too.

Only thing is, I have no idea how he got on at Stirling.

Edited by David Fernández

What are the thoughts on the midfield so far then? If Gomis is signed up, it gives us Grant, Gomis and Roberts in the central area. Possibly Cunningham if he was playing centrally in behind the forwards. I can’t remember an awful lot about Roberts but he does seem to come with a decent reputation from his previous clubs. Personally, I don’t really see the need for Gomis and Grant in the same midfield, but I do think we look a bit better in the middle than last year, thus far.

Neither Cuddihy or Splaine are signed up but given Cuddihy is rarely used as a central midfielder, I’d probably discount him from the discussion. I’d like to see Splaine given the upturn in his performances but his appearances on the SPFA Player Availability list suggests he’s probably holding out for an offer elsewhere. Could Roberts possibly have been brought in to replace him? I’d, of course, love to see a Dylan Easton type brought in but players like him don’t exactly come cheap, nor readily. It’s refreshing not to have to even consider Nicoll.

Again, I don’t know much about Duthie and he’s a fairly underwhelming signing. It sounds like he’ll have a bit more about him the Andrews or Mortimer etc. I’m assuming we’ll be playing him as a winger but maybe Danny will surprise us. By being fast, he’s probably more useful to us than Ally Love was last year as his end product was incredibly frustrating too.

Livingstone rumoured to be off as well so we may well be on the lookout for another wide midfielder too. I’ve never exactly known us to be a team have played with exciting wingers over the past twenty or so years so I’m interested to see who could come in.

Is Kurtis Roberts an attacking CM or defensive like Gomis and Grant

Going by reports and stats perhaps the latter but could be wrong

Maybe settimg up different next season with holding midfielders & wingers

Really not got a clue about any of three new players today to be honest and fresh start for all concerned not a bd thing