Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I would’ve wagered a decent amount of money we’d make some signings ahead of the meeting tonight. I wonder if this is contract renewals from last season or fresh faces or both?

I said exactly the same thing last night.

Every team needs a second goalkeeper who probably wont be very good. I'd be worried if he had to play a decent run of games.

Cunningham is a good player, definitely up to L1 level, but this is a big season for him. Really unlucky injury when he was finding consistent form.

I don't think he has ever played well at right wing. He has to be involved inside the pitch.

Either way, it's good to have someone who can run.

Edited by David W

15 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

From all of the reports I’ve heard about him - rapid but with no end product - it feels like the second coming of Phil Johnston 

From what I remember of PJ, I would say that is fairly accurate. Duthie is a lot more physical and I'd fancy him to be a better player for you. But looking far more of a threat than they are in reality is probably true for both of them.

8 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

The fact he can run and put himself about makes him an immediate and considerable upgrade on Rob Jones. Not a Hollywood signing but as with anybody, I have a good level of faith in Lennon getting the most out of him.

He’s a winger, despite Farrell’s insistence in playing him up top when we had injuries.

He’ll run all day and he will get himself into decent positions but his end product is abysmal. He has that really annoying trait of missing complete sitters as well.

Maybe Danny Lennon will be able to coach him a bit because he certainly never got any better under Farrell.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He’s a winger, despite Farrell’s insistence in playing him up top when we had injuries.

He’ll run all day and he will get himself into decent positions but his end product is abysmal. He has that really annoying trait of missing complete sitters as well.

Maybe Danny Lennon will be able to coach him a bit because he certainly never got any better under Farrell.

Aye, I made the Jones comparison in the sense of "underwhelming attackers signed from Dumbarton". We've gone through some really rough spells in the past few seasons of having a complete lack of pace in our team so between that, his physicality and Lennon's coaching/management he should do alright.