Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23
1 minute ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Who?

He was the previous season's back-up 'keeper. Similar to Joshua Bradley Hurst he looked decent for a game or two but when given a run for Stenny this season he unsurprisingly started throwing goals in all over the place.

I don't get why so many of us on here continually suggest signing donkeys from league 2 season after season. We should be looking to recruit from at least league 1 and also from the Championship if we want to have any aspirations of progressing from a club hovering about relegation to League 2 every season.

5 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I don't get why so many of us on here continually suggest signing donkeys from league 2 season after season. We should be looking to recruit from at least league 1 and also from the Championship if we want to have any aspirations of progressing from a club hovering about relegation to League 2 every season.

Clyde's warchest...

corona-lemonade-bottles-crates-bottle_360_675cb8f0227f200be7932565b4a11876.jpg

11 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Someone make up some rumours pls

Agnes from the Co Op spotted in Asda Hamilton.   Heard a whisper that she's been offered exclusivity with the mark down section 6.30 to 7 Mon, Wed and every second Friday.  Talk of her name being added to the PFA's available list.

She's not happy but that brings out a certain melancholic quality I've seldom seen in a woman of her years.

54 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

You think?

What do you make of his as a player? Looked lively against us but didn't think too much of him at Stenny before his ban.

I've no idea. It was just mentioned by a Bully Wee fan, and I'd say that top half League Two/bottom half League One is about his level, so it would make sense.

Conner Duthie is probably the definition of 'lively'. He'll work his arse off, he'll take players on all day, he's pretty decent in the air, he'll never hide or shirk a challenge and he's absolutely rapid. He just has very little by the way of end product. And by that I mean he'll do everything right, getting into excellent positions in front of goal especially, and then he'll finish like he's taking a goal kick, or he'll run out of play, or he'll slice a cross out for a throw in.

Think of a League One Oli Burke and you've pretty much got Conner Duthie.

In other news, I am absolutely astounded to learn that Kyle Ferguson, Barry’s boy, appears to be getting a semi-regular game in the fifth tier of English football for Altrincham. During his few appearances for us, he was an absolute ringer and I saw nothing to suggest he’d get a game in the East of Scotland league. Never mind a semi-decent level!