Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Don't think McGeever is realistically attainable, as much as he'd be a decent addition. We should absolutely be asking Craig Howie what he's planning, though. As far as other Dumbarton players go, I'd hope we would be making serious enquiries about Joe McKee as soon as the final whistle blows tomorrow. I'd like to see Syvertsen back too, but it would really have to be a contract structured heavily towards appearances for that gamble to be worth taking. Duthie and Pignatiello are others who'd be good pick-ups IMO, both quite versatile and two of Dumbarton's better players. I don't have enough of a recollection of George Stanger to argue for or against a sniff around him.

I'm not getting all this 'we should sign him or that guy'.  Is it not like me saying I'd maybe go out with that Kardashian wifey or Michelle Moan (once she gets out the jail) rather than Agnes from the Co op? Surely these players need to want to join us despite our not particularly generous compensation package?

I think the Grant signing is a pretty good notice we're serving; nice and early too.  

5 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

I think grant is a good step, I think we should be looking to bring in someone like Carswell from Dumbarton instead of resigning Gomis. Also Buchannan for the back line I feel would be a good signing. Hope Splaine resigns too because we’re desperate for a creative midfielder 

image.png.cde4121881e49ecc77c2103c009129f3.png

22 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

I'm not getting all this 'we should sign him or that guy'.  Is it not like me saying I'd maybe go out with that Kardashian wifey or Michelle Moan (once she gets out the jail) rather than Agnes from the Co op? Surely these players need to want to join us despite our not particularly generous compensation package?

I think the Grant signing is a pretty good notice we're serving; nice and early too.  

Clyde signing guys from Dumbarton is hardly on a par with you going with a Kardashian. unless you’re Drake with a p&b account of course!

I watched Richard Foster playing last night for Thistle…I can’t see them keeping him on. A decent right back for League 1 though I think although gets caught out at times. 36yrs old but maybe for a season ? 

1 hour ago, Bob731 said:

I watched Richard Foster playing last night for Thistle…I can’t see them keeping him on. A decent right back for League 1 though I think although gets caught out at times. 36yrs old but maybe for a season ? 

Only if he brings Amy McDonald to the games.

15 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

McGeever been injured for a while with Dumbarton, one of their best players when fit.

Would be delighted to get him, not sure if he's still under contract though.

Under contract for the next two years. 

Agnes from the co-op is twice the striker that Robert Jones ever was.

I've no idea who we should sign and for what positions. Fortunately we pay people to do that for us [emoji19]

3 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Agnes from the co-op is twice the striker that Robert Jones ever was.

I've no idea who we should sign and for what positions. Fortunately we pay people to do that for us emoji19.png

Ha, that’s the problem someone at the club actually thought Jones was better than Agnes! 🤯

After having next to no interest or enthusiasm for this season since August I’m actually Quite excited for next season now with four new teams to play. Imo it should be two up and two down both ways instead of a playoff system, but that’s just down to personal preference. 

Kelty, QotS, Dunfermline & Montrose will all be very tough games but At least we are pretty much guaranteed 12 points against Falkirk.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

11 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Going to be really tough next season

That's why we celebrated promotion and why staying up was important. A league with Dunfermline, QotS, Falkirk is a cracker, L2 isn't. Hopefully Annan come up.

We've not won at Dunfermline on our last 24 visits so we are due a win there as well.

I’m hugely excited by the league next year. Don’t get me wrong, looking at the size of the teams around us, I would absolutely take 8th but I’d rather be going down to Dumfries for an away game than along to Central Park or Cliftonhill.

Fingers crossed for some more positive additions and we can feel optimistic about the season ahead in our new, luxurious Hamilton surroundings. 

QOS have been floating around relegation spot for few years now, QP are a good side thst I think will get better because of money they are able to spent and same with Airdrie, Airdrie have a solid team fancy them to go up and be very comfortable in the championship, not sure about Dunfermline but I don’t think they will be much better than Airdrie or QP… Kelty will be right in about the playoffs next season as well. Let’s just hope Peterhead and Alloa stay pish

Splaine appearing on the PFA availability site doesn’t bode massively well for our chances of retaining him but hopefully he’s biding his time with the FT clubs in the division and we can see where it goes.

I’d like to hear from Lennon at this meeting on Thursday about how actively we’re looking to get moves done ASAP and especially not repeating the debacle of last year where we were apparently led up the garden path by targets.