Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Not getting my hopes up about Ray Grant he’s done nothing since leaving us, got realised by a L2 team, still a bit bitter about him turning us down for Stirling as well 😕 hopefully Danny can get the best out him again 

Bitter about him turning us down, but fine with David Goodwillie who couldn't peace out fast enough. Interesting.

I’m sure Ray Grant will be fine. He’s a steady and dependable player. He’s not the kind of player who will win games on his own but I wouldn’t judge him too harshly for getting released by Stirling. By Christ, David Goodwillie was a world beater at this level but it didn’t stop us from being a rabble. I may be wrong here but I’m not entirely sure Darren Young really took to him after taking over.

Darren Young wouldn't know a footballer is Messi walked up and slapped him in the face.  Delighted to have Ray back.  We never replaced him when he moved to Alloa, so finding him as the perfect replacement for him is...well....perfect.      

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

He looks even more handsome than before.

Like a fine wine. 

Glad he's back, the kind of player we have been crying out for since he left. Like said above he won't win matches on his own but its a great start to the window. Also wouldn't read to much into Darren Young letting him go seeing as Darren Young is a grade A walloper

Andrew and McGrath confirmed as away, while it sounds like Kennedy will be staying. Can't complain about the former two - if Andrew was on absolute buttons, would he maybe have been worth holding on to? - but I'd be more than a bit concerned if we end up with all three of Gomis, Grant and Kennedy signed up.

I saw McGrath sitting with the rest of the team as a spectator at the final Peterhead game and he looked like he had put on weight. He’s still young and hopefully he can get back on track again. Hopefully Cunningham, Livingstone, Rumsby and Cuddihy confirm that they’re staying. Spillane would be the icing on the cake for this week but various rumours about him on here about him being away. 

Grant needs a certain type of player with him to be effective.. certainly protects the  back 4 pretty well as he retains possession well. Needs attacking option with him as he doesn’t do that in opposing half. Splain (fingers crossed) would work well with him I think but also need a runner in there too. Don’t think Gomis and Grant would work in same midfield.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

16 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

I saw McGrath sitting with the rest of the team as a spectator at the final Peterhead game and he looked like he had put on weight. He’s still young and hopefully he can get back on track again. Hopefully Cunningham, Livingstone, Rumsby and Cuddihy confirm that they’re staying. Spillane would be the icing on the cake for this week but various rumours about him on here about him being away. 

What are the Splaine rumours?

Happy with Grant signing, though we'll need the right kind of players around him to make it work again.

Fair play to Andrew and McGrath for moving on. You can't fault guys who would rather try and find a suitable place somewhere else rather than hanging around the club, slightly unwanted, for another year.

Edited by Jaggy Snake