Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I would take Trouten in a heartbeat. Knows Parry and still a shout for this level even at 36. He’s exactly the type of experience that we need.

I would disagree…..36 and an injury hit season. All signings are a gamble but that would be a step too far. We can’t afford these type of luxuries. 

14 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Trouten?

37 years old in November.

Injury blighted season.

Too risky.

I tend to agree actually, I never realised he was that age. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Out of all the players that have been released recently or could be available from teams around us the ones I’d be looking at are: 

Niang ( Provided he is allowed to leave for free)

Ross MacIver

Paul Dixon

Ray Grant

Kurtis Roberts

Alan Trouten if he can be convinced to sign  a pay as you play. 

Maybe a loan of Jaze Kabia 

Not all would necessarily be starters but all would add quality and depth and would be huge improvements on what we have had last couple of seasons. 

Receuitment has to be right this summer, another year like this and there won’t be two teams worse off than us. League 1 gets tougher every season. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

19 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Ally Roy and Roberto Nditi released from QOTS maybe worth a look

Would agree with that. Roy not prolific but anytime I saw queens he looked decent, had a bit of pace about him as well. 

1 hour ago, Jack Phillips said:

Ally Roy and Roberto Nditi released from QOTS maybe worth a look

Nditi definitely, Ally Roy no. Less than 10 league goals in 3 seasons. Was rotten with Airdrie at this level a couple of seasons ago.

We need a goalscorer to replace the obvious. We've had far too many shot-shy forwards in recent years.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

No offence lads, but I would be pretty surprised if Niang came to you guys. He’s not likely to get games with us, but I would still expect that he’d get an offer from someone higher up the chain than yourselves. That said, I would assume he’d be a guaranteed starter for you which might be appealing to him, so who knows.

MacIver is an interesting one - he’s been at us and Motherwell, but he’s from up near Inverness someone so i imagine your chances of getting him really depend if he’s wanting to stay in the central belt or not. I don’t think he’s great, but he’s unquestionably better than Robert Jones is.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

No offence lads, but I would be pretty surprised if Niang came to you guys. He’s not likely to get games with us, but I would still expect that he’d get an offer from someone higher up the chain than yourselves. That said, I would assume he’d be a guaranteed starter for you which might be appealing to him, so who knows.

MacIver is an interesting one - he’s been at us and Motherwell, but he’s from up near Inverness someone so i imagine your chances of getting him really depend if he’s wanting to stay in the central belt or not. I don’t think he’s great, but he’s unquestionably better than Robert Jones is.

I would also be very surprised if Niang came to us but one can dream!

With regards to MacIver, I'd heard Cove and Montrose were sniffing about. He's another one I doubt we'd have any chance with but as has been reiterated many times on here, we have a salaried recruitment team who's job it is to identify targets and sell them the club (no that they seem to have ever done that job, ever).