Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

It's unbelievable that we're going into our fourth season in League One and have had such a slap-dash approach to squad-building that we're going to shed at least fifteen players, with three of the four already contracted for next year also not good enough. There'll have to be some amount of groundwork already in place for us to avoid anything but a repeat of this season.

Disappointed that we've stuck with Rumsby, sorry to upset the short sighted in Exec club and the Castlemilk branch, but he loses to many battles, for me.  

I hope Jim Diamond and PJ have their Excel bang up to date and don't insult us with the same level of dross they generated a year ago.

Given the type of team that we became, Docherty and Page both did a job particularly over the winter period. Not that there's much in it but I'd say Page was probably our best centre half this season (whilst still being too slow) but he also missed far too many games. 

Jones was signed as a target man and then claimed he wasn't one. Up there with Chris Johnston as the laziest player in many a year. Let's not let the management team off the hook for signing him though. Every single supporter knew he was hopeless and it petrifies me ahead of this summer that we signed him having watched him stink the place out at Broadwood for Dumbarton/Stranraer.

I don't think any player in my time watching Clyde can have as many important one-off goals as Ally Love, even going back to his first up at Montrose in the game which kickstarted DL's tenure. However, for an attacking player he hasn't ever been good enough at L1 level. All in though, you can't argue that he isn't a name now etched permanently in the club's history so fair play, he's ahead of most in that regard.

For the others, I really enjoyed Mortimer scoring against Airdrie and I appreciate Tade putting Jones to shame by trying hard despite his body being completely finished.

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Disappointed that we've stuck with Rumsby, sorry to upset the short sighted in Exec club and the Castlemilk branch, but he loses to many battles, for me.  

I hope Jim Diamond and PJ have their Excel bang up to date and don't insult us with the same level of dross they generated a year ago.

Loses too many battles? Look at the setup for the falkirk equaliser for example.

The first two signing will be absolutely pivotal and the pressure is now on Danny Lennon and the “recruitment” team to sign some league quality players. There will be an uproar within the support if these players are anything like what we had last year and quite righty so. Hopefully now is the point where we can actually build a capable team. If the players that were not mentioned in that update sign on again we will have a decent enough foundation to build around. We can only hope Danny can make it right.

Lots of well meant but unreal expectations here…..low income = low budget. DL doing the job with one arm tied round his back, and fair play to him for wishing to try for another 2 years. We’re getting squeezed out in this division  in terms of who we can attract and who we can pay. Delighted we stayed up which was thanks to a number of draws but any decent player will have been snapped up already. 

Staying in L1 is essential, recruitment last couple of years has been so bad that I’m really worried to see what shite we will be bringing in next.. just hope if it’s true we are saving 40% by leaving Broadwood that more money can be spent on building a squad that can at least be a solid L1 team and not need to be thinking about relegation every year and from there look to find a new stadium we can all ours.

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Livingstone apparently off to FT fitba

Gomis been offered terms on reduced wages few weeks ago

Clear out was much needed sadly including a few fans favourites if we have any chance of fininshing outwith bottom 2

Where is Livingstone rumoured to be off to..

12 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Ross MacIver and Shea Gordon away from thistle maybe worth a look. MacIver seemed to do ok for Alloa. 

What was more interesting is that in the statement Ian McCall said that Mouhamed Sena Niang still has a year left but he wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to move to get the games he requires. Our recruitment team should be on him straight away.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What was more interesting is that in the statement Ian McCall said that Mouhamed Sena Niang still has a year left but he wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to move to get the games he requires. Our recruitment team should be on him straight away.

Is that the guy that went to Montrose on loan? 

Let’s hope he has Danny’s phone number…

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Is that the guy that went to Montrose on loan? 

Aye last season then Alloa this season. 

Shea Gordon would be an excellent signing but have a feeling he'll stay full time.