Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

29 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Are you for real? Where were your loyalty issues when orchestrating a move back for Goodwillie, the guy who jumped at the first sniff of anyone else who was willing to offer him a full-time gig and extra coin? Quite happy to throw the club to the wolves over the head of that, but not to take back a proven player with no nation-wide stigma attached 🤦🏻‍♂️

We should absolutely be looking at Ray Grant, even if he’s 50% of the player that left us he would still walk into that absolute rabble.

tim and eric comedy GIF

On 01/05/2022 at 18:49, Scotchpie said:

Anyone seen Splaine since v Montrose? Pretty sure I heard the kit man say "good luck at Real" as he left after interview 🤔 

I heard he Played with a broken toe v montrose. Only came off that game due to pain killimg injection started to wear off. 

10 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Are you for real? Where were your loyalty issues when orchestrating a move back for Goodwillie, the guy who jumped at the first sniff of anyone else who was willing to offer him a full-time gig and extra coin? Quite happy to throw the club to the wolves over the head of that, but not to take back a proven player with no nation-wide stigma attached 🤦🏻‍♂️

What a surprise that a man that uses Facebook to call out people on Pie and Bovril is an odd little hypocrite 

On 02/05/2022 at 09:07, Glenconner said:

Just to clarify, Shetto, (real name Shettleston) for the non Lower East Side of Manhattan Rap readers on here have changed their name.

They're now called Glasgow United and are now moving to the other side of the railway track at Greenfield.

I knew they had changed names. What's the plans for the current ground then do you know?

Not good that players like Carrick, Thompson and Leitch would rather stay in League 2. They would've been realistic targets. 

18 minutes ago, Clinically Proven said:

I knew they had changed names. What's the plans for the current ground then do you know?

Not good that players like Carrick, Thompson and Leitch would rather stay in League 2. They would've been realistic targets. 

Looks like a development of the five G pitch with floodlights in Duror St.

Taking a guess the old ground being punted is part of the funding package to bring Greenfield up to basics ie cover for a 100 punters and obviously making the ground enclosed, turnstiles etc and some sort of pavilion/dressing rooms.

Maybe looking at something like a two sided stadium like Renfrew.

In the end the old ground at Shettleston was two sided anyway.

Then it would onwards off the park to getting a SFA licence and into the big Scottish Cup.

No idea what the name change was about.

Does Glasgow Utd sound better than Shettleston.

Don't suppose it matters.

I watched them many times pre the pandemic and the home crowd had completely collapsed.

Long way from 8000 at a Wednesday afternoon Scottish Junior Cup replay in 1959.

Sadly the pyramid might have came far too late for a few of the old city ex Junior clubs.

1 hour ago, Clinically Proven said:

The thing is (and I said this last summer too and was practically laughed out of the park despite it being obvious) at this level you'd rather be challenging at the top of a league than fighting relegation.

Those players will have been sold on Stirling's ambition to go up next year with Young having a full season. They're already settled and from what I know, Stirling has a good dressing room. They would likely be paid more by Stirling too. So you're really going to be asking players if they want to begin the season with a club looking to win League 2 (feasible now without the likes of a Cove or a Kelty) with boys they're pally with on decent money, or jump to a new dressing room most likely to join a relegation battle at a club that's essentially a laughing stock and derided by the entire country.

We have a recruitment team whose job is to sell us as a club to potential targets, but we know from experience that they just don't do that.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Telfer seems to have a decent amount of talent but is a bit of a shitebag by all accounts. If he doesn’t get a full time offer somewhere and is forced to go part time, then we could maybe use that as a rocket and get a more motivated player.

However, there’s no way we’ll be in for a player like that - he screams Kelty to me.

15 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

However, there’s no way we’ll be in for a player like that - he screams Kelty to me.

I'm actually not so sure, he'll want to stay full time so I think Queen's Park, QotS, Ayr or maybe Morton would be more likely. Kelty strike me as having too much forward momentum to be signing Falkirk cast-offs at this point, but maybe they'll go for it. I certainly don't see him as being an upgrade on what they have currently.

If we're talking about signing Falkirk cast offs, Paul Dixon and (at a PUSH) Gary Miller would be the only two I'd be interested in but I'd be very surprised if they were interested in joining Clyde. Both could likely hang on for a full time deal at clubs like the aforementioned lot, and if they were to go part time there are much more attractive propositions than us.

4 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

I know the players are going in tonight to be told there future, reckon we will find out tonight who we release? 

If Rob Jones or Kevin Nicol get a new deal we’d be as well chucking it. 

We have a recruitment team whose job is to sell us as a club to potential targets, but we know from experience that they just don't do that.

Imagine the scene

Potential signing, "Mr Diamond, it's between Clyde and Dumbarton. Can you tell me why I should choose Clyde for my new club?"

Diamond, "No!"

Players released by Falkirk/QP would be a target for me. Not the youngsters but established first team players.

We are very much a different environment, certainly compared to Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Jack Phillips said:

I know the players are going in tonight to be told there future, reckon we will find out tonight who we release? 

Hopefully a long list released on the website tonight 🤞🏼.