Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

15 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Craig Slater and Andy Munro from Forfar are two decent players, I liked Munro first time round when we has him. 

Agreed on Leitch he was good at Peterhead, i think getting Ray Grant back from Stirling wouldn’t be the worst move. 

Steven Boyd at Alloa is a player I’ve liked for a while, there’s probably a few at Alloa worth a look. 

Not sure what sort of deal he got at Peterhead but Rico Quitongo is a good left back. 

Thomas Orr at stenhousemuir worth a look, he’s got around 15 goals or so. Thomson is a decent player too. 

Andy Munro I'd love to get back in. A solid centre half that's developed into a real leader. The only issue would maybe be the fact he's Edinburgh based. Craig Slater is good but injuries have maybe caught up with him a wee bit. Sure he could still do a job but I feel like we should be aiming higher.

From Alloa I'd love any of the stalwarts to come in (Trouten, Cawley etc) but I feel like Rice will be wanting to have them around.

Rico Quitongo is good but Peterhead are a good club and there are a fair few boys that travel up from central. Speaking of Peterhead though, Simon Ferry is leaving and is pally with Allan Moore. Not out of the realms of possibility that he comes in.

Tam Orr I wouldn't take. 13 goals in L2 is only 2 more than Stef McCluskey this season. He's hit a purple patch recently but I do think L2 is his level. He was absolutely dire at the beginning of the season. From Stenny, Thompson and Euan O'Reilly are probably playing a level below their capabilities.

11 hours ago, David W said:

I'd 100% sign Owen Moxon who showed plenty of flashes of potential when we were in that division, and now appears to have found some consistency. I suspect he's from down that way though so might take some convincing. I'm seriously wary of players from L2 though in general, guys from that mess at Stirling ring serious alarm bells.

Think Moxon to QotS is on the cards.

12 hours ago, David W said:

The biggest thing for me is to sign a squad of players that have a fairly cohesive gameplan in mind. Last summer we had half a team of quick, mobile footballers and matched it up with ponderous "experience" and lazy target men. The result was the pursuit of a plan 'B' when we didn't even have a plan 'A'.

Completely agree with this. I think it's where not having to consider Goodwillie might be advantageous, and since we need practically an entire squad Danny essentially has carte blanche to show us how he wants to put a team together.

Nice to be discussing football matters on a Clyde thread… a lot of the usual names getting mentioned; tbh honest I think we actually need better than one or two mentioned (I get our budget constraints)

However,  guys like Andy Munro are not a step up on what we have ie a Rumsby. 
He looked ok when he came to us on loan (assuming it the same guy we are talking about) but that was compared to what we had up to that point which if you remember we’re frighteningly awful. When Danny can in and changed things gradually Munro struggled for some reason, probably because he was asked to try to play a bit of football from the back? As I say he may have kicked on but CH recruitment is vital for us this year it needs to be someone with quality.

Calum crane from Edinburgh city. I have always thought he was a good player and consistent LB at least.

Waiting for someone to say Joe McKee this year as it seemed everyone on here had fantasy’s about him last summer. Crying out for a creative midfielder

Ally Roy is from Airdrie, could be an option saying that I don’t know how much he’s been playing for QOTS this year.

Would be offering a big chunk of Mo Gomis’s wage to ray grant

6 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Calum crane from Edinburgh city. I have always thought he was a good player and consistent LB at least.

Waiting for someone to say Joe McKee this year as it seemed everyone on here had fantasy’s about him last summer. Crying out for a creative midfielder

Ally Roy is from Airdrie, could be an option saying that I don’t know how much he’s been playing for QOTS this year.

Would be offering a big chunk of Mo Gomis’s wage to ray grant

Joe McKee is contracted with us next season. May well be a relegation clause that lets him leave but he is contracted for now. He's also wasted under Farrell, I imagine Lennon would get more use of him. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Waiting for someone to say Joe McKee this year as it seemed everyone on here had fantasy’s about him last summer. Crying out for a creative midfielder.

Rumour has it he was away to Ayr before they changed manager as a bit of a last full-time hurrah. Now that that's off the table you'd think he would be one most p/t teams in our league are going for, although he's been out of sorts of late.

7 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Ally Roy I wouldn't take. 5 goals over two seasons in League 1 is Rob Jones-level poor.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Andy Munro I'd love to get back in. A solid centre half that's developed into a real leader. The only issue would maybe be the fact he's Edinburgh based. Craig Slater is good but injuries have maybe caught up with him a wee bit. Sure he could still do a job but I feel like we should be aiming higher.

From Alloa I'd love any of the stalwarts to come in (Trouten, Cawley etc) but I feel like Rice will be wanting to have them around.

Rico Quitongo is good but Peterhead are a good club and there are a fair few boys that travel up from central. Speaking of Peterhead though, Simon Ferry is leaving and is pally with Allan Moore. Not out of the realms of possibility that he comes in.

Tam Orr I wouldn't take. 13 goals in L2 is only 2 more than Stef McCluskey this season. He's hit a purple patch recently but I do think L2 is his level. He was absolutely dire at the beginning of the season. From Stenny, Thompson and Euan O'Reilly are probably playing a level below their capabilities.

Is Simon Ferry no retiring?

13 minutes ago, David W said:

Simon Ferry is set for a "sensational takeover" of Broomhill.

Was this not said a few months ago? Broomhill just absolutely intent on making themselves even more of a joke club. Probably one of the only ways you could out-joke Clyde at the moment, to be fair.

Thought he was good at Queen’s Park a while back and for whatever reason Queen of the South have been playing him at centre back but Euan East is a decent player, might be diffficult if they stay full time though. 

Not prolific clearly but Ally Roy has looked alright for queens anytime I’ve seen them. 

I get that but Clyde needs a home, a reason, an essence. Just pitching up somewhere is sort of ground zero and as the Broadwood experience shows it is very difficult to build a brand where there is no tradition. 
I would say this is the clubs last realistic chance. Be a nomad  for ever and the club will slowly die. Why would anyone in the Hamilton area start to follow the Clyde from scratch now?
The club needs to seriously consider its roots, traditions and why someone new might suppprt them. it’s not rocket science.
Sharing at Hamilton for one or two seasons might be ok if there is a definitive plan not just to build and own your own ground but also the wider strategy to arrest structural decline.
But I can’t  see the logic of simply putting a pin on the map as there might be a junior ground there. If the club is to survive, as frankly that is an open question given the declining support and the pyramid structure, the Board need to urgently address its purpose, place and reason and probably outside capital.
if it was me I would move heaven and earth to try and buy Shawfield. It’s the clubs spiritual home and there must be residual goodwill in Rutherglen etc.
The racing is finished and without planning permission for alternative use the land has little value. It’s arguably a liability with decrepit stand. Sure the terracing is knackered and wouldn’t currently meet standards but for most games the main stand is more than big enough.
The board will doubtless say it can’t be done - too expensive. Well I’m not so sure  if the right strategy is sought and the council backs it. Grants are abaiable particularly if it is a community asset.

If the current owner of Shawfield sees the dogs are done and their is no planning it shouldn’t cost that much?
frankly what ever you do you need proper Board leadership. Seems to me the shareholders need to put much more pressure on the board and simply not accept mediocrity.
More positively you have an excellent manager who has worked wonders and a small bit loyal support. With that much can be achieved but you can’t be nomads for long. 

Clyde belong in Rutherglen, i hope they return.