Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

42 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

How has Nick McAllister done for you guys?
I think he's still contracted with us for next season, and I expect us to come down via the play-offs, so chances are he'll be with us in this league.

The ever reliable transfer markt has his contract expiry at Ayr as May 22

3 minutes ago, CM. said:

The ever reliable transfer markt has his contract expiry at Ayr as May 22

The (probably) more reliable Nick McAllister seemed to think it's May 2023 in today's programme.

As I posted on social media.

So that is that. The only reason I started supporting Clyde was because they were my local team. Whole family supports Rangers and f**k that. Used to live in a house in Eastfield, where behind the house was a hill you could see the floodlights and I always was interested in what was going on. Badgered my folks to take me and that’s what they did.  By the time I was 12, I was going onto the supporters bus and to away games. There, I would meet the most magnificent people I could ever wish to meet, and to this day, I call the closest of friends. About 90% of my friends are from going to Clyde, and they are of the best people I’ve ever met. Absolute gems, everyone of them. Not just Clyde we have in common, but we all look after each other in every way of life. Friends for life, and that is something that can never be replaced. 

We have lost more times than I care to remember, but we have had some magnificent days at Broadwood as well. As much as I think it’s the right decision and how much I hate the place in general, it’s the only ground I’ve ever called home. I won’t forget it, but life goes on. 

“No matter where we move to, we will always follow Clyde 🇾🇪❤️

Pleased to see Clyde move. NDP is easier and closer to get to, Broadwood is a soulless freezing shithole IMO and I might actually get to witness QoS win a game at NDP next season. For the love of god please don't re-sign the rapist, so I can attend.

11 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Have to wonder what the executive club and castlemilk branch have been watching to both give Rumsby player of the year. 

•  

All about opinions but I have always liked Rumsby and to be perfectly honest I’m not sure given how poor we are I’m not sure if anyone else would have a shout. 
I expect I will be in a minority here but he has been a bit of an unfair scapegoat like McNiff was in previous years. Not saying he should be re signed in fact I’ve said before I’m not convinced any deserve to be, such is the huge job ahead.

Lennon has to be supremely ruthless and no untried youngsters who get a gig because they played for a premier club for a few years in youth teams this time.

11 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

All about opinions but I have always liked Rumsby and to be perfectly honest I’m not sure given how poor we are I’m not sure if anyone else would have a shout. 
I expect I will be in a minority here but he has been a bit of an unfair scapegoat like McNiff was in previous years. Not saying he should be re signed in fact I’ve said before I’m not convinced any deserve to be, such is the huge job ahead.

Lennon has to be supremely ruthless and no untried youngsters who get a gig because they played for a premier club for a few years in youth teams this time.

Splaine and Livingstone have been far better over the season for me although Rumsby has been far from the worst in fairness. 

11 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Splaine and Livingstone have been far better over the season for me although Rumsby has been far from the worst in fairness. 

New award category for next season, 'the least worse player of the year'

Rumsby can't be faulted for effort generally, but he gets bullied week after week and his ball skills are maybe the poorest I've seen at Clyde ever.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Typo

Sad we will be leaving Broadwood. Its the only home ground I've known supporting Clyde.

From Here the Dream Begins to leaving 28 years later with neither tenant or landlord got a good word to say about each other, it's a sad state of affairs. Cumbernauld should have been a fresh start but the club has made a mess of that. Can only hope lessons have been learned.

I do worry that we have rushed through the groundshare with Hamilton. It's pretty awkward to get to from Cumbernauld or Glasgow.

Of even bigger concern will be how long we will be grounsharing. We've been looking at locations in and around Glasgow for the last 10 years and have not found anything.
It's far easier for the Rutherglen based support to get to Hamilton though. A couple of stops in the train. Makes sense and I'd expect Hamilton will be skint with no more money from thier big English cash cow players on transfers. That and the lowering of money on being relegated.

Pollok have no seats or floodlights, no car park and recently brought in a portable toilet as their facilities consisted of pissing behind the covered enclosure. Really poor considering their crowds.   Essentially they've invested nothing in the way of improvement to their ground for yonks and this will hold them back if they want to follow the likes of Bonnyrigg up the pyramid. I believe they have plans for floodlights and their pie stall is absolutely outstanding. But that's it.
It's still nothing more than Clyde have. If pollok were to sell that ground it would make millions.

7 hours ago, foreverarover said:

It's still nothing more than Clyde have. If pollok were to sell that ground it would make millions.

They had a chance to do that years ago when Safeway (now Morrisons) tried to buy it and would have built them a new ground close by. Effectively a swap around of the Newlandsfield / Morrisons set up today. 

A bit off-topic here but has anyone with good Clyde connections any knowledge of a 'representative' of Dumbarton FC recently making enquiries about Broadwood Stadium ?

Rumours are swirling here that the people who own the majority shareholding in DFC have abandoned the long held plan to relocate the club to the west of the town and are now looking at other options.

1 hour ago, Frank Quitely said:

A bit off-topic here but has anyone with good Clyde connections any knowledge of a 'representative' of Dumbarton FC recently making enquiries about Broadwood Stadium ?

Rumours are swirling here that the people who own the majority shareholding in DFC have abandoned the long held plan to relocate the club to the west of the town and are now looking at other options.

One fantasist suggesting this on a facebook page doesn't mean rumours are swirling. 

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

One fantasist suggesting this on a facebook page doesn't mean rumours are swirling. 

I agree, but when you pick up a similar story from two other much more reliable sources, one of whom has absolutely no connection to Dumbarton you might have the start of a swirl, no ? 

Dumbarton should learn from the experience of Clyde re. Broadwood/NLC in the same way Clyde should've learned from the experience of Dumbarton re. Robert Jones.

12 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

I agree, but when you pick up a similar story from two other much more reliable sources, one of whom has absolutely no connection to Dumbarton you might have the start of a swirl, no ? 

It would be more believable that the ugly sisters kiddies team will playing their Lowland league games at Broadwood moving from Dumbarton after they pay their entry fee.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

AFC Wimbledon have taken a moribund dog track and turned it into a smart stadium not far from their traditional home. 

The traditionalist in me would welcome a return to Shawfield for Clyde as I think the dug racing will be finished in a decade or two but AFC were fortunate in that the English League is awash with money and had better access to funds than the Bully Wee might. 

Plus the excess land was sold for building flats which probably funded the stadium.