Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

6 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Broadwood is the only home I've known for Clyde and gutted to be leaving it. A lot of memories there good and bad.

Can fully understand why the older fans viewed Shawfield the same and didn't have as much affinity with Broadwood.

Although I think we all expected a move away from Broadwood, given recent statements from the club and council, it does seem rather sudden. It is pretty sad that the last game will be a low key affair. The late notice of it means a bumper crowd is unlikely and I know of some fans that are gutted to be missing the game due to work etc.

I just hope the board have put a lot of thought into this move and have something positive to share in regard to finding a permanent home in Glasgow.

From what I hear we will be saving 40% on rental at NDP. Maybe better to just cut ties with Broadwood and add that money to the player budget will help, not cutting ties we will only be delaying the inevitable.

They sacked him, then went out of their way to print that glowing eulogy before sending an official delegation to his funeral.  Seriously, away & gie's peace.
The difference is that nobody in charge at Thistle back then has anything to do with the club any more. If we're going by historic transgressions there's probably not a club in the country one could morally support. The events Clyde fans are taken to task about however are still wet ink.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Pollok have no seats or floodlights, no car park and recently brought in a portable toilet as their facilities consisted of pissing behind the covered enclosure. Really poor considering their crowds.   Essentially they've invested nothing in the way of improvement to their ground for yonks and this will hold them back if they want to follow the likes of Bonnyrigg up the pyramid. I believe they have plans for floodlights and their pie stall is absolutely outstanding. But that's it.

The toilets are licence compliant whatever your view on them. 

As for no lights... 

52 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The toilets are licence compliant whatever your view on them. 

As for no lights... 

Excellent about the floodlights. The pre-portakabin "toilets" are a bit embarrassing for a club getting 600 plus every week.

3 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

The whole idea is to have a home of our own.

The new community stadium in Kirkintilloch is due for completion in Sept,  you Would think that Clyde would be interested in that complex if the lease was available,  no chance a Junior side could run the facility themselves..

13 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The new community stadium in Kirkintilloch is due for completion in Sept,  you Would think that Clyde would be interested in that complex if the lease was available,  no chance a Junior side could run the facility themselves..

Why the f**k would be be interested in moving to Kirkintilloch ya fucking zoomer?!

I've just came across the story of Clyde FC being thrown out of Broadwood by the North Lanarkshire Council, I find this odd as the press are running the line that it's over David Goodwillie, surely there must be some other reason for the Council doing this as they will now be landed with the stadium and no income but costs in maintaining it, a drain on the public purse which won't go down well with the present rising costs and excessive council rates.

So what is the real story here? 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I've just came across the story of Clyde FC being thrown out of Broadwood by the North Lanarkshire Council, I find this odd as the press are running the line that it's over David Goodwillie, surely there must be some other reason for the Council doing this as they will now be landed with the stadium and no income but costs in maintaining it, a drain on the public purse which won't go down well with the present rising costs and excessive council rates.

So what is the real story here? 

image.png.32feb5bd86229c8f022f4915a3cc5b74.png...

5 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

How has Nick McAllister done for you guys?
I think he's still contracted with us for next season, and I expect us to come down via the play-offs, so chances are he'll be with us in this league.

I'm not surprised he's struggled in the Championship. He's a strange one in that he obviously makes us better because he's got a bit of pace, strength and likes to compete. However, technically, he's just not quite there. That said, we'd 100% keep him if Ayr want rid. Hopefully you stay up.

Of course, he might be a brilliant right-back but we've played him everywhere except there.

How has Nick McAllister done for you guys?
I think he's still contracted with us for next season, and I expect us to come down via the play-offs, so chances are he'll be with us in this league.
Has been decent for us atheltic, a bit of pace and versatile. Would be keen for us to keep him but wouldn't be surprised if he has better offers. I think his best position is supposed to be right back but we've played him in midfield and lately centre half.