Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Would be great to see Clyde return to Glasgow and hopefully Shawfield.

I know the place is a total wreck now but surely wouldn't take that much work to get the terracing cleaned up, put in new barriers and reinstall turnstiles and toilets. I mean even in it's current state the facilities would be better than Cowdenbeath or Albion Rovers :lol: I think Arbroath and Ayr are showing at the moment that you can still compete well with an old-school type ground.

I know the inside of the main stand has been quite heavily b*****dised over the years with capacity cut back but it does still function for the greyhound racing I believe

With the tote board away there's a fair bit of space for temporary changing room pods etc as well

Anyway best of luck and hopefully you guys can get something sorted soon

The terracing's condemned on H&S.   The tree roots have compromised the foundations of the terracing wall, so there's no chance they'd get a safety certificate for it even if cleaned up.  The stand is starting to rot away, large areas sectioned off.   The dogs are away, they'll never return.  It would be a demolish and rebuild, but as I've said before, that's at least a possibility if interested parties come together.   Location-wise it ticks more boxes for potential catchment area than 1 or 2 other options mentioned, even if only a mile or so away.

I agree with SLW's post, because unless all of that is finally put in place you're just taking a fundamental problem from one place to another, wherever it is.  They absolutely have to learn their lessons, sub-contract if need be, it's a vital part of making anywhere a success, not a little bonus add on that would be handy if someone could help out & if they don't, blame the locals for not coming along.  

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Imagine taking valuable time out of your life to come on this forum and type the worst patter anyones ever heard. I don't even like Clyde FC right now and even I'm embarrassed for you. What a smelly little donkey.

Hung like a donkey, yes. But smelly? Eh! No! That's the sole copyright of the Nomad Nonces.

Broadwood is where I’ve always watched Clyde, too.  I have good memories from when I started going in the late 90s up until about 2008. In between then and now - other than the playoff promotion season - has been a bit shit for the most part.

looking forward to finally (hopefully) having our own permanent home in Glasgow in the future. 

From a selfish point of view sharing with Accies is ideal as it’s 10 mins down the motorway for me.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

The only embarrassed people around here are Clyde fans who love a rapist and a racist.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Hung like a donkey, yes. But smelly? Eh! No! That's the sole copyright of the Nomad Nonces.

You've replied to my comment with two separate posts now, both read like they were written by a five year old. Quite mad that.

19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

"Partick Thistle's programme in 1995 when sacked physio John Hart died. Thistle had sacked Hart after an allegation of child abuse in 1992."80fd3295ab0c9882cb2649a6fcb5fa07.jpg

Whilst Thistle were wholly wrong not reporting him to the authorities, they did sack him. They didn't actively go out of their way to sign a player who is a rapist( twice) or keep on a racist.  I do acknowledge that Thistle should have reported him to the authorities. 

30 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Can't see a return to Shawfield. It's a total rip it and start again job, and I highly doubt they'd start again with a football stadium on that land. They'll see far more profit in building houses or offices. 

Pretty sure it's a greenfield site.  That's why they couldn't build houses on it despite the reported plans in 86.  So can only be used for "leisure".  The surrounding redevelopment is earmarked for a mix of industry & leisure.  Progress is slow because of the state of the economy, it's like the 70's all over again, so if they're struggling to sell the land already prepared for that purpose, no reason to think they'd be rushing to apply the same to that land.  

As I said earlier, the overall developers spoke with the current owner around 8 years ago, and it was with a view to demolish and rebuild the stadium, not housing or industry.  Course they've just had to spend even more money cleaning up the back of the old Arnold Clark lot because they thought they'd managed to get rid of the contamination in the underground burn there that flows into Richmond Park, but when they double checked more recently, realised they'd still a lot of work to do. 

They could use an eyesore getting removed and something new going up in its place to at least present that there is some level of progress happening.  Clyde building it could certainly tick a box for them

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Whilst Thistle were wholly wrong not reporting him to the authorities, they did sack him. They didn't actively go out of their way to sign a player who is a rapist( twice) or keep on a racist.  I do acknowledge that Thistle should have reported him to the authorities. 

They sacked him, then went out of their way to print that glowing eulogy before sending an official delegation to his funeral.  Seriously, away & gie's peace.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Is there potential for Clyde to Groundshare with the likes of Pollock or Maryhill juniors? Or is that completely unrealistic?

Pollok have no seats or floodlights, no car park and recently brought in a portable toilet as their facilities consisted of pissing behind the covered enclosure. Really poor considering their crowds.   Essentially they've invested nothing in the way of improvement to their ground for yonks and this will hold them back if they want to follow the likes of Bonnyrigg up the pyramid. I believe they have plans for floodlights and their pie stall is absolutely outstanding. But that's it.

20 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Pollok have no seats or floodlights, no car park and recently brought in a portable toilet as their facilities consisted of pissing behind the covered enclosure. Really poor considering their crowds.   Essentially they've invested nothing in the way of improvement to their ground for yonks and this will hold them back if they want to follow the likes of Bonnyrigg up the pyramid. I believe they have plans for floodlights and their pie stall is absolutely outstanding. But that's it.

Floodlights are installed, finished yesterday I believe.

From my limited knowledge they have invested quite a bit into the player budget in the last year or two as they are concentrating on league position. I dare say if / when they get up the league's, the improvements will follow!

Still don't fancy it as a groundshare right enough.

10 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

It’s two trains and it takes nearly an hour and a half.

I’d imagine the club would run a bus to home games.

It’s one train from Greenfaulds/ Cumbernauld to Hamilton West takes about 25 minutes. Coming  from Hamilton myself I have used it many times.

9 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
Only while they are doing redevelopment, by the looks of it. Be much easier by the time we actually play there, about forty minutes from Cumbernauld. Unless you were looking at Croy, much longer from there.

There is only a limited bus service to Cumbernauld train station and no buses to Greenfaulds. Then you've got about 2 miles to cover in Hamilton to get to the ground. Its doable but you're looking at the best part of 2 hours to get there and the same coming back plus train and bus fares.

The stadium is less than a 5 minute walk from Hamilton West.

6 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Broadwood is the only home I've known for Clyde and gutted to be leaving it. A lot of memories there good and bad.

Can fully understand why the older fans viewed Shawfield the same and didn't have as much affinity with Broadwood.

Although I think we all expected a move away from Broadwood, given recent statements from the club and council, it does seem rather sudden. It is pretty sad that the last game will be a low key affair. The late notice of it means a bumper crowd is unlikely and I know of some fans that are gutted to be missing the game due to work etc.

I just hope the board have put a lot of thought into this move and have something positive to share in regard to finding a permanent home in Glasgow.

From what I hear we will be saving 40% on rental at NDP. Maybe better to just cut ties with Broadwood and add that money to the player budget will help, not cutting ties we will only be delaying the inevitable.