Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

48 minutes ago, an86 said:

Clyde, crying, pissing their pants and spewing in the street as the rain batters off the pavement, “We were leavin’ anyway! Yer pub’s shite!” 

Evicted for dug racing and now evicted for idolising rapists. A new low.

Fair enough..however, I still believe that trying to sustain a Championship budget with junior attendances like Queens Park will be interesting to watch.

14 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

In the news this week proposals to ban greyhound racing in Scotland.
Clyde then announce their intention to leave Broadwood

Coincidence? emoji6.png

That stadium must be haunted 

Clicky

Fifteen greyhounds died and 197 injuries to animals were recorded at Shawfield Stadium between 2017 and 2020, according to new figures.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've a bad feeling about this. I hope the decision to leave early isn't part of any stupid bid to re-sign Goodwillie, but even if it isn't, the uncertainty for the next few years is a worry.

I think a new stadium in Glasgow could be successful... but no idea where we would find the money to build one and no council is ever going to help us out ever again.

I hardly think the Council have ever helped us!

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Aye Clyde making out it’s their choice when they were told in February they would be getting kicked out is a strange one.

Instead of hanging around they have taken the bull by the horns and said…f**k this…we’re not waiting on someone else to decide…NLC have been teeing this up for a while and the DGW situation was a great excuse to move things quickly. 

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Aye Clyde making out it’s their choice when they were told in February they would be getting kicked out is a strange one.

It is the club's choice to move a year before we needed to. Not sure if they think they're better to get closer to Glasgow, it's a case of cutting our noses off to spite our face or the worrying prospect of wanting to bring back DGW.

Just now, Bob731 said:

Instead of hanging around they have taken the bull by the horns and said…f**k this…we’re not waiting on someone else to decide…NLC have been teeing this up for a while and the DGW situation was a great excuse to move things quickly. 

Unbelievable insight from a deluded Falkirk fan

2 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

If you hadn’t resigned a rapist you’d have been at Broadwood well past next season.

Ultimately, a three to five year lease at Hamilton is a more secure, short-term, option than the club currently had from NLC. Whilst the DGW situation sped the process up, there has been several occasions over the past twenty years where we’ve heard that Clyde are planning to leave or NLC were planning to chuck us out. The change has been required for quite some time.

Even in short term this sounds better deal, office space a club shop that is actually open etc 3-5 year agreement . Certainly more secure than the NNL ultimatum.

Sometimes opportunities have to be seized upon when they are presented be that expected or not, I for one see this as a potential positive opportunity unlike the stagnant slow death we were under at Broadwood, a situation where, as a club we were at the highest position (and that is woeful) we could ever achieve given the financial constraints and the millstone of never being able to income generate whilst a tenant of NLC.

Sad we will be leaving Broadwood. Its the only home ground I've known supporting Clyde.

From Here the Dream Begins to leaving 28 years later with neither tenant or landlord got a good word to say about each other, it's a sad state of affairs. Cumbernauld should have been a fresh start but the club has made a mess of that. Can only hope lessons have been learned.

I do worry that we have rushed through the groundshare with Hamilton. It's pretty awkward to get to from Cumbernauld or Glasgow.

Of even bigger concern will be how long we will be grounsharing. We've been looking at locations in and around Glasgow for the last 10 years and have not found anything.

Sad we will be leaving Broadwood. Its the only home ground I've known supporting Clyde.

From Here the Dream Begins to leaving 28 years later with neither tenant or landlord got a good word to say about each other, it's a sad state of affairs. Cumbernauld should have been a fresh start but the club has made a mess of that. Can only hope lessons have been learned.

I do worry that we have rushed through the groundshare with Hamilton. It's pretty awkward to get to from Cumbernauld or Glasgow.

Of even bigger concern will be how long we will be grounsharing. We've been looking at locations in and around Glasgow for the last 10 years and have not found anything.

Awkward journey from Cumbernauld, not so difficult from Glasgow but pretty easy from Rutherglen or East Kilbride

Can't see this having a happy ending which does genuinely pain me. 

A return to Glasgow doesn't seem viable. What venue is there that wouldn't require refurbishment? What community is there looking for a team? Clyde have surely been away from Rutherglen for too long to still have roots there even if a return were possible. 

With Scottish football in the process if realigning itself with the potential of ambitious, cash rich, clubs joining the SPFL over the next decade or so I can see a slow slip into Lowland League obscurity. A bit like East Stirling playing in front of dozens and not hundreds at the Falkirk Stadium.