Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

31 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It’s well known that Clyde are paying part of his wages.

Why on earth would RR tear up the loan agreement? Clyde were the ones stupid enough to agree to take him back on a deal where a three way agreement was required to end the loan. Tearing up the loan would mean they’re paying the full whack again.

Just a big reminder that Clyde FC - perhaps the stupidest club in the country.

At last we agree

Realistically we can’t get a full new squad for next year so I imagine we’ll keep 7/8 players from this season. Who would people want to keep?

I reckon a case could be made for Cunningham, Cuddihy, Livingston, Docherty, McAlistar, Splaine and if possible Jamieson. 

Parry already signed up for next season. Not sure if anyone else is? 

Realistically we can’t get a full new squad for next year so I imagine we’ll keep 7/8 players from this season. Who would people want to keep?
I reckon a case could be made for Cunningham, Cuddihy, Livingston, Docherty, McAlistar, Splaine and if possible Jamieson. 

Parry already signed up for next season. Not sure if anyone else is? 

Paul Kennedy & Kieran McGrath were both given 2 year deals in the summer. So they’ll be here for next season with parry.

11 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Paul Kennedy & Kieran McGrath were both given 2 year deals in the summer. So they’ll be here for next season with parry.

Hopefully we can offload Kennedy and McGrath both of them are honking.

I don’t want to fully engage in a keep/punt conversation whilst we still have a couple of games left but we absolutely have to be more proactive in securing targets compared to last summer. Whilst I don’t doubt that many of the guys we brought in were 3rd or 4th (sometimes possibly lower) choice, if we hear similar stories this year we’ll remain in trouble.

We should be flinging everything at keeping Splaine, Cuddihy and Cunningham and trying to move Heaven and Earth to get McAllister and Jamieson back. There are a couple of others that I wouldn’t mind staying either. I’d also give Monday Samuel the next couple of games so that I can try and work out if he’s any good or not.

As far as I know, the only players signed up for next season are Parry, McCormack, Kennedy and McGrath. With any luck, the latter three will leave. We should try and keep Livingstone, Cuddihy and Splaine and see if McAllister and Jamieson will return. 

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I don’t want to fully engage in a keep/punt conversation whilst we still have a couple of games left but we absolutely have to be more proactive in securing targets compared to last summer.

Totally agree with this. Lennon is famously late with securing transfers (that year at Alloa where he went on holiday during a crucial week in the window sticks out) but we absolutely cannot be lazy this summer. We need to strike fast and get good options signed up early as opposed to bottom feeding.

Cuddihy. Mcallister. Splaine and Livingstone would be my priority with of course a goalscorer which arent exactly in abudance looking thro the leagues...

Safe to say If were the 2nd lowest scorers again next season were probably not avoiding bottom 2 with Kelty coming up replacing a poor East Fife...

Saturdays confirmation of our league status was a massive relief and who ever departs in the Summer will go with my best wishes as they all played an important part 

Foreva n Eva

Hate to be the bearer of negative sentiments here, but according but we are probably one of the worst off financially in Scottish football based on depleted revenues, so I would suggest that we should appreciate where we are, and hope that DL continues to work his magic in keeping us 8th or above every season. Lack of success on the pitch, less fans, less money, then smaller budgets, lack of success, even less fans….AND looking for alternatives to Broadwood, which will kill us anyway if we stay. Are we hoping that a bank would lend us money based on what we own, which is very little…so I think the question isn’t about who we can keep, it’s about those who wish to stay with the possibility of earning more elsewhere…

The doom laden predictions for our budget for beyond next season suggests that this might be the last chance we have to put together a halfway competitive squad for this level so hopefully we can make a good fist of it.

11 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

with of course a goalscorer which arent exactly in abudance looking thro the leagues...

There are plenty of players capable of scoring goals at this level available on a free transfer at the end of the season. We have a recruitment team, and they should be moving heaven and earth at this point to get one of those lads tied up right now.

For example, Russell McLean is out of contract and a (relatively) local boy, given that he's from Falkirk. Lewis Jamieson is out of contract in the summer and he's potentially young enough that a brief but successful drop into part time football could allow him to propel himself back into the championship. Gary Oliver and Robbie Muirhead at Morton are free in the summer and are surely coming to the end of their full time tenures. Louis Longridge and Bob McHugh from QP.

This is literally just me taking a quick look at Transfermarkt for strikers who's contracts are expiring whilst I take a coffee break at work. A salaried recruitment team will (or rather, should) have more information/contacts to hand and be hyper aware that this is the most important position on the park and we very recently lost our only source of 10+ goals. They should be straight onto these boys and putting everything they can into signing them. It's not an easy job but I'm assuming that's the reason that Diamond etc are being paid by the club.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Lewis Jamieson is contracted at St Mirren until the end of the 2022-23 season.

If he's not going to make it there, I suppose there is a possibility they may agree mutual termination, with a fee being paid to the player to get him off the wage bill.

He could then get a other club, however depending on what wages he is looking for we might be priced out of it.

Edited by macclyde+

I see that we have a number of options for using up ST money on the website. I have a good bit left over so would like to buy some kit. Does anyone know if the shop is open at any time other than before a home game, as it says kit/training gear has to be purchased from the shop? Appreciate any helpful info.

50 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I see that we have a number of options for using up ST money on the website. I have a good bit left over so would like to buy some kit. Does anyone know if the shop is open at any time other than before a home game, as it says kit/training gear has to be purchased from the shop? Appreciate any helpful info.

unfortunately under current arrangement's with NLC shop is only open on match days, you could try emailing club to see what stock they have

Tonight's embarrassment once again proving that we have wasted some amount of money this season. It could easily have been 10-0 were it not for Parry making another shedload of saves. 

Hopefully we bin this competition next season, it doesn't do us any good at all.

16 minutes ago, David W said:

Tonight's embarrassment once again proving that we have wasted some amount of money this season. It could easily have been 10-0 were it not for Parry making another shedload of saves. 

Hopefully we bin this competition next season, it doesn't do us any good at all.

Was going to ask if anyone could sum the game up, this seems perfect. What a stinker.

It just confirms what we all already know; the full squad is made up of probably 3 good\ decent players, 5 average player and the rest utter garbage. Huge amount of work required to sort out the embarrassment that was last year’s recruitment.

Starting 11 tonight consisted of several who should not be anywhere near a contract with us next year… I wait with baited breath