Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I am pleased to keep him. We know that we need to fix the recruitment; whether that's through better scouting, more money or whatever. The positive is that doesn't rely entirely on him, it can be fixed by other people doing a better job.

We also know that he'll get a team motivated and will usually be tactically spot on. He also has a strong relationship with our support. That stuff comes down almost exclusively to the manager, and in that regard I doubt we'd get anyone better, or even close to be honest.

1 hour ago, David W said:

I am pleased to keep him. We know that we need to fix the recruitment; whether that's through better scouting, more money or whatever. The positive is that doesn't rely entirely on him, it can be fixed by other people doing a better job.

We also know that he'll get a team motivated and will usually be tactically spot on. He also has a strong relationship with our support. That stuff comes down almost exclusively to the manager, and in that regard I doubt we'd get anyone better, or even close to be honest.

Agree with everything apart from the motivation and tactics. 

The evidence? Home matches v 1 Dumbarton, 2 Montrose, 3 Dumbarton (again) 4 Peterheid. Cup ties v 1 EK, 2 Broomhill, 3 Clydebank.  

Danny Lennon signs new 2 year deal.
Seems to me that's very good news for Clyde. Despite what you may say about his recruitment (under constraints), he seems to create much more than the sum of parts. I've wondered if Falkirk would have fallen so far with DL in charge.

Fair play to Danny and Alan (and most of the players) for being able to turn things around after the Clydebank game.

It looks as if the league is going to be even stronger next season so we seriously need to get our recruitment right this summer and get rid of the dug shite in the squad like Jones.

16 hours ago, clydenil said:

Got to apologise to Danny for suggesting earlier in the season that he should go

I don’t really think it’s wild to suggest that Danny should have went. For many reasons (some admittedly not football related) this has been a grim season for Clyde. The recruitment has been absolutely mental and some of the tactics equally so. Don’t get me wrong though, I like Danny and Allan and I’m happy that they’ve kept us up.

I also don’t think it’s wild to suggest that this summer is his most important since taking over. Finally having to build a squad without Goodwillie in what will surely be the strongest League 1 group in some time. The potential for disaster is huge and we will not be able to get away with signing Lowland League joeys.

IMO these next 2 games are still VERY important. Yes we have secured league 1 football next season. But 6th 7th 8th spots are all to play for. Finishing 6th compared to 8th may just be the financial boost we need to avoid having another Lowland league quality team next season. 

16 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

IMO these next 2 games are still VERY important. Yes we have secured league 1 football next season. But 6th 7th 8th spots are all to play for. Finishing 6th compared to 8th may just be the financial boost we need to avoid having another Lowland league quality team next season. 

Or 5th 😉

Whilst would be better to finish higher up I don't think the prize money is hugely improved per higher placing. Can't find this seasons, but previous there was 2.5k difference per place in the league. Then again beggars can't be choosers and every little helps.

10 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Whilst would be better to finish higher up I don't think the prize money is hugely improved per higher placing. Can't find this seasons, but previous there was 2.5k difference per place in the league. Then again beggars can't be choosers and every little helps.

Guess it would help cover the wage contribution we are sending RR for Goodie.

9 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Guess it would help cover the wage contribution we are sending RR for Goodie.

Be good to know how much that is. Someone asked on the Clyde Owner's

”Q& A”.
The answer was apparently subject to a non disclosure confidentiality clause so no figure was forthcoming. 

18 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Be good to know how much that is. Someone asked on the Clyde Owner's

”Q& A”.
The answer was apparently subject to a non disclosure confidentiality clause so no figure was forthcoming. 

Which implies we are paying something which also suggests it’s RR who were unwilling to agree to tear up loan agreement.

12 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Which implies we are paying something which also suggests it’s RR who were unwilling to agree to tear up loan agreement.

It’s well known that Clyde are paying part of his wages.

Why on earth would RR tear up the loan agreement? Clyde were the ones stupid enough to agree to take him back on a deal where a three way agreement was required to end the loan. Tearing up the loan would mean they’re paying the full whack again.

Just a big reminder that Clyde FC - perhaps the stupidest club in the country.