Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 16/03/2022 at 12:49, Brian Carrigan said:

Ah ok. Liam is Conor's younger brother, both played with Fauldhouse. I just assumed Conor was looking to get back into the seniors.

Fauldhouse are senior.

On 19/03/2022 at 17:41, Clyde85 said:

Surely that’s us safe now?

Maybe not even though our own results, which haven’t been that bad, but I don’t see Dumbarton winning at least 4 from 6, especially when they have airdrie and cove away before playing us last. 

Edited by SLClyde

15 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

A signing, outside the transfer windows, just before playing Queen's Park. I can only see this registration going well... 

Knowing the board, he’ll be down as Declan Fitzpatrick on the team lines

Great to see we've signed Sadio Mane..........  seriously hope it's a good signing and way forward, interested how things pan out later v Quepee, probably end up ground sharing next year with them at the new Hampden San Siro!..... where's Highland Magyer the turd this weather.... been awfully quiet 🤫

6 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Great to see we've signed Sadio Mane..........  seriously hope it's a good signing and way forward, interested how things pan out later v Quepee, probably end up ground sharing next year with them at the new Hampden San Siro!..... where's Highland Magyer the turd this weather.... been awfully quiet 🤫

Just like a turd I always float back. No matter how bad we are life in a division above you is still good.

Was looking at the squad and think this for the summer, assuming we stay up - 

Re-sign
Bradley-hurst
Parry 
Livingstone
Page
Docherty(needs to be backup to a new signing) 
Cuddihy
Cunningham
Gomis
Splaine
Love 

Release 
Balatoni(signed for Berwick) 
Cassidy
Elsdon
Mortimer 
Rumsby
Kennedy(possibly contracted for next year?)
Nicol 
McCormack
Andrew
Jones
McGrath 
Tade

Should also look to get McAllister and Jamieson back. We really need to improve the quality in squad depth as I think we have the basis of a decent side but no depth at all. 

Agree with the above but wouldn’t resign Love or Docherty and I’d swap Page for Elsdon. Still unsure about Gomis If I’d offer him another deal also. 100% we should be doing all we can to sign Jamieson and McAllister.

9 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Agree with the above but wouldn’t resign Love or Docherty and I’d swap Page for Elsdon. Still unsure about Gomis If I’d offer him another deal also. 100% we should be doing all we can to sign Jamieson and McAllister.

Generally agree but think we've had the best out of Love. Don't think we can realistically have ANY expectation of retaining LJ or McAllister who are both registered as full time players with teams in leagues above us.

If I wasn't such a cynic, I'd love to believe that our football dpt will have earmarked a defensive 4 and at least 3 in midfield and a couple of strikers.  If the spew out the same 'dug-meat' as last year, I'll be the first to hound them out of town.