Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 06/03/2022 at 22:23, the_bully_wee said:

Couldn't agree any more with the above. As the club's foremost (and really only) supporter's organisation, the Glasgow Branch should be looking to be as inclusive and welcoming as possible, with a stated aim of uniting and galvanising rather than perpetuating division in what is a declining and ageing fanbase. Taking accusations of rape apologism and the rest out of the debate, they've obviously misread the room with the Goodwillie situation in terms of how it would affect the club. That, of course, doesn't completely wipe out the good that is done by them, but the response of many individuals involved in the past few days has flown in the face of what the Glasgow Branch should be. If its aim is to carry on as a closed circle of self-preservation which questions the credentials of every non-member as a "true Clyde fan", then it's never going to achieve everything it could and its membership will remain exactly as it is. The only way to become united as a fanbase is to accept that there will be disagreements on some issues, mistakes and misjudgements also, without seeking to bully or intimidate fellow fans into suppressing conflicting views. The whole "X person isn't a real Clyde fan" or "I'm a better Clyde fan than you" schtick is proper playground stuff and it's not going to exactly make the club an attractive prospect to new or casual supporters, both of whom we need quite desperately if we are to maintain or grow our overall support in the years and decades to come.

Nope im sorry. The Glasgow branch are fkn SCUM, and a complete embarrassment. Get them 2 F

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Goodwillie still contracted on loan to Clyde according to local press. We're yet to agree to any termination.

Rumoured to be paying 50% of his wage and he can only play away from home (as it stands). Could be worse, could be Raith paying a rapist ~£600 a week for doing nothing. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, clydenil said:

The DG story is history now. Let’s get back to talking about football.

Nowt to talk about on the pitch. As was always going to be the case when Goodie departed. 

Whatever your opinion on whether he should be playing for us, RR or indeed anyone...... I’d hope all Clyde supporters are at least united in hoping he has somehow managed to endure the past horrific 6 weeks.

JBJ, I couldn’t agree with you more.Whilst I think DG was wrong in opening himself and his family to the  events which have transpired by his desire to move on from Clyde,where he had managed find a home under the radar.The hypocrisy shown by some,especially NLC,and lack of involvement by the SPFL and SFA is staggering.

It is such a shame  that  someone with a modicum of common sense hadn’t been there for DG years ago.Things could have been very different.

Four. Four, Eileen. There were four bodies. Four souls. And I bore witness over all of them. You really want to know what I am? That. I’m the darkness and the light. I’m a creator and a destroyer. I’m the accuser. I’m the prosecutor. I’m the Lord of Hosts. I’m the layer in wait. I’m the worst thing you can imagine.

Four. Four, Eileen. There were four bodies. Four souls. And I bore witness over all of them. You really want to know what I am? That. I’m the darkness and the light. I’m a creator and a destroyer. I’m the accuser. I’m the prosecutor. I’m the Lord of Hosts. I’m the layer in wait. I’m the worst thing you can imagine.
Stuart Millar?

4 hours ago, Pat Phelan said:

More of a Dicky Hillman guy myself.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The team sheet on the OS lists Clyde’s trialists last night as Scullion and Cameron.

I’m assuming the Scullion is Conor, who played for Dumbarton but is now signed with Fauldhouse. Not a clue who the Cameron is.

Apparently commentators mentioned Liam Scullion and Ewan Cameron.