Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Predictable but embarrassing to hear the clowns doubling down on support of their favourite rapist today.

Griffiths lambasted as a paedo followed by songs in support of a rapist. You couldn’t make it up…

That was entirely predictable, but still ridiculous. How can anyone think that’s a good idea?

Not sure when Jamiesons contract is up at St Mirren but if it is up we should look to get him in. 

to being more worried about how the rapist is being treated?

I appreciate the edit, from calling me a rape apologist. I am still at a complete loss how the post quoted shows how I am worried about how a rapist is treated?

I merely wanted to understand who is allowed into Broadwood, or other NLC owned premises. Given that we aren’t the only club in Scotland that is playing in a publicly owned stadium,it’s a reasonable question to ask.

Decent result again. Game and performance was certainly more enjoyable and we should be doing all we can to get McAllister and Jamieson back on permanent deals next season. Would also add Cuddihy, Cunnigham, Livingstone and Splaine from the current squad.

I saw the fans up the right hand side holding a banner/flag up but couldn't read it from my seat, what did it say? I presume that was in support of Goodwillie or against the council.

I also heard fans talking about boycotting the food stands and it was noticeably more quiet.

31 minutes ago, forehead7 said:

I saw the fans up the right hand side holding a banner/flag up but couldn't read it from my seat, what did it say? I presume that was in support of Goodwillie or against the council.

I also heard fans talking about boycotting the food stands and it was noticeably more quiet.

I went down to the food stands and they were completely dead, didn’t even put two and two together 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I appreciate the edit, from calling me a rape apologist. I am still at a complete loss how the post quoted shows how I am worried about how a rapist is treated?

I merely wanted to understand who is allowed into Broadwood, or other NLC owned premises. Given that we aren’t the only club in Scotland that is playing in a publicly owned stadium,it’s a reasonable question to ask.

In the month or so since Goodwillie originally left Clyde you have made zero posts about the victim but several posts about NLC deciding to ban him from the stadium. The catalyst for these posts were the rapist being banned from the stadium.

It very much comes across (and not just to me) as a "why is it just our rapist who is being banned?".

54 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

Boycotting food stalls because they can’t cheer on a rapist is incredible even by Clyde fans standards. 

No it’s because they don’t want to renew the contract for us playing there dummy and have left us potentially homeless...enjoy the Championship next season.

No it’s because they don’t want to renew the contract for us playing there dummy and have left us potentially homeless...enjoy the Championship next season.

And so it’s just coincidence that the c***s singing f**k NLC were also singing about Goodwillie?

2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

And so it’s just coincidence that the c***s singing f**k NLC were also singing about Goodwillie?

About 30/40 singing for DGW. About an additional 500 choosing not to buy from the stalls. Only a wee bit of crossover. 

4 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Predictable but embarrassing to hear the clowns doubling down on support of their favourite rapist today.

Griffiths lambasted as a paedo followed by songs in support of a rapist. You couldn’t make it up…

So presumably you, and others, were so outraged by these 'clowns' you approached them to voice your fierce opposition of what they were singing, and insisted they cut it out ? 

13 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

So presumably you, and others, were so outraged by these 'clowns' you approached them to voice your fierce opposition of what they were singing, and insisted they cut it out ? 

15 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Are you literally 5 years old? Have a word ffs

😂😂😂😂😂😂 nae bother

I’m in utter disbelief that people are actually challenging the stance of NLC in all of this.  Yes, the rapist had previously been permitted within Broadwood, but he left.  And him last being ‘allowed in’ to Broadwood was five years ago. Things change. Times change. He’s now not welcome. Why can people not understand that?

And suggesting a tier system or that other players of other clubs not be allowed in as well regarding some of their criminal offences?  Embarrassing.  I don’t think any other player who may require to enter Broadwood has been found to be a rapist!

Unsavoury characters I’m sure. Criminal records, aye, bound to be. But none of them RAPISTS!

There’s several ‘bad guys’ in all of this.  Obviously none more so than the unrepentant rapist himself.  But NLC certainly aren’t one of them.  And shameful whatabouttery for any of the, disgustingly many, rape apologists on here, to suggest they are.

I had the strange feeling that any words may have fallen on deaf ears. If you are still championing a rapist at this stage after all the publicity it’s had I doubt a quiet word from the more enlightened present would have made much difference.

You could perhaps forgive the teenage lads joining in for their ignorance but dozens of grown men, I’m surely not alone in finding it cringeworthy and embarrassing for the club.

I assume from your response you see no problem with it?

I'm sure 1 person approaching 40 or 50 guys, already pissed off at the decision, and telling them to shut up would have went down well.

The Goodwillie chants died off pretty quickly. It looks like there is plenty even with the Glasgow Branch that won't nothing more to do with him.