Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

...and really needs a third football team!

I can't see any local authority feeling that they should invest funds in any football team in these days of austerity, and it certainly wouldn't be Clyde.  I'm astonished that the club felt that re-signing the guy was a good idea. Overwhelmingly stupid.

I don’t understand why people keep bringing up EK as a suggestion for a new home for the club.

Another town full of Old Firm fans, two other clubs already established there, and no real direct links to the club other than a few fans who live there.

It would end up being as much of a success as Cumbernauld has been.

If we are going to go anywhere it needs to be as close to Shawfield as possible. We won’t get 1000s rushing back but at least that’s where the club originates from.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

The NLC have over reacted imo, no willing to renew our lease come end if term. The council have treated Clyde like shit since day one. If they were to find a new home elsewhere it may not be a bad thing. Tell the council to ram it and try move closer to Rutherglen/ East Kilbride as Cumbernauld is doing them no favours. EK is growing all the time.  

When Clyde first moved to Cumbernauld. Cumbernauld was managed by the Cumbernauld Development Corporation but NLC took over in 97. There is a general feeling in Cumbernauld that NLC can't be arsed with Cumbernauld and by extension that would include Clyde.

Clyde have also don't plenty to harm the relationship. We stopped paying rent altogether in the early 2000s and pretty sure we done it again in 08 which led to the council taking out a winding up order on the club.

It is hypocrisy for the council to take action now but there is elections coming up in May and there is no way they want to be seeing to do nothing giving the press its getting. You just had to look at the reaction to him signing for Raith to see what was coming our way. It was an idiotic decision to bring him back.

The reason we don't have a long term lease is because we keep threatening to leave like we've been doing for the last 20 years. We've wasted so much time and money on that but are still no further forward and would you really trust a board this incompetent with a stadium move?

It's a sad state of affairs that we play second fiddle to a boys club in a stadium that was built for Clyde. It just emphasises how badly managed the club has been the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, Bearded Bully said:

The council getting their say in lead by the Val McDiarmid, calling her pal Nicola to back her up. Two arseholes with an agenda towards Goodwillie.

Aye, that'll be the only reason Val M didn't want a rapist plying his trade at her club - a personal agenda against the poor wee rapist....

And the 'her pal Nicola' chat is just laughable. I'm sure any other politician when asked what they thought of the rapist and the ongoing situation, with sponsors pulling out, the ladies team disassociating themselves and the hashtag 'Rape Rovers' trending across the country would have said 'none of my business, mate'.

Clyde have treated Cumbernauld with great disdain over the years and made no real effort to engage or advertise in the community especially in recent years. As if Clydes presence alone was such a draw that people would turn up. That ship has sailed now. 

The difficulty going forward is that a lot of people who have helped get Clyde into this state regarding community links etc are still there and would be in charge when we move to a new area. The other issues is what area can Clyde go to without a team already and fight for fans off the OF and EPL TV fans. It’s really really really grim. I always wanted Clyde to actually commit long term to Cumbernauld and actually become a presence there, a complete shakeup, that is now done. 

Seen alot of people say “ We will just go back to Shawfield”. What Era are these folk living in? It would be great to see Clyde back there but realistically do Clyde have the money for such an investment like buying land? Let alone one that has a tenant, is a dump in its current state, would need alot of redevelopment and also assuming it were for sale wouldn’t just be bought up by real estate for flats. People wanting to return to Shawfield are real Walter Mitty types in my book. 

The moves by the board in the coming weeks/months will arguably be the most important in the clubs long history, hopefully they can get it right, because the club may not be around much longer if it goes tits up.

I don’t see anywhere in Lanarkshire being a viable option for moving to, at least Glasgow would provide better transport links, pubs(how good and how many dependant what area you go to) and other things broadwood doesn’t have. 

54 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Clyde have treated Cumbernauld with great disdain over the years and made no real effort to engage or advertise in the community especially in recent years. As if Clydes presence alone was such a draw that people would turn up. That ship has sailed now. 

The difficulty going forward is that a lot of people who have helped get Clyde into this state regarding community links etc are still there and would be in charge when we move to a new area. The other issues is what area can Clyde go to without a team already and fight for fans off the OF and EPL TV fans. It’s really really really grim. I always wanted Clyde to actually commit long term to Cumbernauld and actually become a presence there, a complete shakeup, that is now done. 

Seen alot of people say “ We will just go back to Shawfield”. What Era are these folk living in? It would be great to see Clyde back there but realistically do Clyde have the money for such an investment like buying land? Let alone one that has a tenant, is a dump in its current state, would need alot of redevelopment and also assuming it were for sale wouldn’t just be bought up by real estate for flats. People wanting to return to Shawfield are real Walter Mitty types in my book. 

The moves by the board in the coming weeks/months will arguably be the most important in the clubs long history, hopefully they can get it right, because the club may not be around much longer if it goes tits up.

If I remember correctly when Clyde sold Shawfield to the Greyhound people they did so on the understanding that they could pay a small rent and continue to play there. However the Greyhound people increased the size of the Greyhound track from 6 lanes to 8 lanes. By doing so the football park became to narrow for Senior football and hence the reason that Clyde left Shawfield. There is no way that Clyde could buy Shawfield back and redevelope it to accomodate football. Better to stay where they are without Mr.G.

19 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Would sharing at Lesser Hampden with QP not be the obvious option? Close enough to your original area.

What kind of pitch are they putting in? If it’s a grass one, then I think their experiences at Firhill would put them right off sharing ever again, regardless of how much they could get in rent. 

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What kind of pitch are they putting in? If it’s a grass one, then I think their experiences at Firhill would put them right off sharing ever again, regardless of how much they could get in rent. 

One of those fancy hybrid ones, the work to install it actually started last week.

Edited by Zanetti

At a guess probably after the rapist in question started scoring goals for his football team. 

Adam’s trajectory has been ashamed of his club for signing a rapist to harassing women online who feel empowered enough to be ashamed of his club for signing a rapist. Terrifying 

I asked yesterday, show me where I have ever harassed any woman online.

4 hours ago, Bearded Bully said:

We all seen what unfolded at Raith after they signed him. The backlash, the media as per jumping on this. The womans team walking out etc. The council getting their say in lead by the Val McDiarmid, calling her pal Nicola to back her up. Two arseholes with an agenda towards Goodwillie.

Damn these uppity women with their agendas about rapists.

I was going to go for the bit where he lashed out at a council for taking action against a rapist, but that one works too.

The point remains,@Adam, at which point in the last five years did your concern shift away from the victim of the rape and instead on to the rapist?

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Then when QP go tits up, Clyde will be in the driving seat again.

Our tits will always be up.

Conversely, Clyde are in the shit up to their oxters. Forget about being in the driving seat, they're not even in the vehicle 

Do you generally wish rapists (your words) the best of luck? Softening your stance on a rapist and in turn his crime of rape because he kicked a football well  is the definition of being a rape apologist. 

Hahaha aw mate, what a riddy. Not sure how that constitutes being a rape apologist but we are where we are.

I was going to go for the bit where he lashed out at a council for taking action against a rapist, but that one works too.

The point remains,[mention=30184]Adam[/mention], at which point in the last five years did your concern shift away from the victim of the rape and instead on to the rapist?

I have never become a rape apologist. Happy for you to go on though about my post about the council banning undesirables though, which absolutely does not constitute a post which sides with a rapist.

Thought you were cleverer than that.