Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, shawfielder said:

You should be able to use a contactless card tomorrow, check the Clyde official website tonight, you will get the details there, 

Go early as there maybe queues if the NLC are vetting who gets in.

That would mean Council employees working on a Saturday at overtime rates.

2 hours ago, champions said:

Does anyone at your club ever answer the phone? Been trying to get through since yesterday but goes straight to answer machine.

Due to Clyde's bizarre ticketing arrangements I cant purchase an U12 ticket online for one of my kids, even though I'm buying one for myself and my two other kids. I'm keen to know if the ticket office is cash only or can I use my card as I'll be buying all 4 tickets tomorrow?

I don't think they're expecting anyone to go.

2 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Hang on guys, I've looked it up and I think he might be right. sketch-1646389226966.thumb.png.09cd1f7d8efd5fd67992294bb073e342.png

I wish I could give this more greens

1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

I’d have thought Lithgow was the obvious one. How many have you had over the years!? Given he’s played for Dumbarton and Clyde (and yes Airdrie) maybe he’s not a good example.

There is also a young man who name is I think, Craig Thomson,  who is playing for Cowdenbeath, and was playing for Edinburgh City last season who seems to have flown under the radar. He was at Hearts at the time of his offence.

13 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Will NLC be welcoming Leigh Griffiths (Child Predator) to their property tomorrow? Or is persistently asking young girls for nudes not seen as "undesirable behaviour" in their eyes?

Just curious. 

Whilst Leigh Griffith’s is a hugely undesireable character, he was cleared of any wrong doing with regards sending messages to minors. Completely unlike the predator a large amount of your fans and fucking morons on social media are defending to the hilt. 

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "In relation to recent reporting regarding alleged inappropriate communications online, a full assessment has been carried out and it’s been established there is no criminality."

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I mean, if we're listing all the unsavoury players that have committed various sexually or even non-sexually motivated crimes over our time at Broadwood we'd be here all day.

Whilst it's not a great precedent to be setting, you can probably just argue that perhaps NLC consider Goodwillie's crimes to be particularly egregious and that's absolutely fair enough. As is the fact that recent movements in the mindset of society as a whole have empowered them to act on their powers.

I think perhaps people are overthinking this "ban" in relation to other players/individuals and the knock on impacts.

I have read this as NLC have a services contract with Clyde for use of Broadwood that runs till 2023 and they have to honour that contract until that date or face penalty themselves for breaking early, unless one of the terms is broken by Clyde that allows them to terminate before 2023. This is them making clear to Clyde Goodwillie in the stadium would trigger that immediate break, rather than summer 2023, giving Clyde little choice. "You're out anyway, now or later is your choice".

This is just them using the situation to leverage the contract, which only Clyde (and Cumbernauld Colts likely similar) have with NLC.

Edited by gaz5

41 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Will NLC be welcoming Leigh Griffiths (Child Predator) to their property tomorrow? Or is persistently asking young girls for nudes not seen as "undesirable behaviour" in their eyes?

Just curious. 

He was never charged

31 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

From the Courier today.

Says Clyde can't necessarily wriggle out of the loan deal.  On top of this self inflicted lobotomy, we've lost money too!

Unbelievable Jeff.

https://t.co/i57VtjbFwe

I honestly find it hard to believe we are putting anything more than a pittance towards his wages.  I mean surely he was guaranteed his Raith Rovers money and they couldn't get out of that so why would we pay anything more than a token amount (or maybe some bonuses that he'll now not get)?   (I'm well aware that there is one potentially obvious answer and it is that we are fucking idiots.)

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Whilst Leigh Griffith’s is a hugely undesireable character, he was cleared of any wrong doing with regards sending messages to minors. Completely unlike the predator a large amount of your fans and fucking morons on social media are defending to the hilt. 

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "In relation to recent reporting regarding alleged inappropriate communications online, a full assessment has been carried out and it’s been established there is no criminality."

Did you no see the screenshots? Convicted or not he was begging wee lassies for nude pictures. 

BTW I am not here to defend DGW or the likes etc, just pointing out the double standards in this situation. 

He was never charged

Neither was Goodwillie. NLC are setting a precedent, that is potentially difficult to return from. Leigh Griffiths was convicted, in a criminal court, of racial abuse. He has been accused, although not convicted of, soliciting a child under 16. If that isn’t an undesirable individual I don’t know what is.

I hope NLC think seriously about allowing Griffiths access to Broadwood tomorrow given the precedent now set by them.

11 minutes ago, Cannibal said:

I honestly find it hard to believe we are putting anything more than a pittance towards his wages.  I mean surely he was guaranteed his Raith Rovers money and they couldn't get out of that so why would we pay anything more than a token amount (or maybe some bonuses that he'll now not get)?   (I'm well aware that there is one potentially obvious answer and it is that we are fucking idiots.)

I thought the same, if we've somehow lost money from the Goodwillie saga compared to the position we were in a week ago then the board need to answer for it. Should've bitten Raith's hand off for the ~£50k and never looked back. Now we've potentially squandered some of that money, made our club look even worse than Raith and we're right back where we were once we sold him (in footballing terms) but with a worse relationship with our landlord. All in a week's work, smashing.

a slight improvement on you harassing women online for having the audacity to feel empowered enough to take a stand against a rapist, Adam. 

Haha, I’ll ride the bus, please show me what you mean.

Said similar elsewhere. No club in Scotland bar Clyde (and I only mean that in the sense they’d had him before) would take him. And Raith can’t afford to pay him off. So for me this was far more about trying to repair the reputational damage (by sending him off somewhere/anywhere) than trying to recoup costs. They needed shot quick, Clyde would know this and I hope negotiated as such.

51 minutes ago, Adam said:

Neither was Goodwillie. NLC are setting a precedent, that is potentially difficult to return from. Leigh Griffiths was convicted, in a criminal court, of racial abuse. He has been accused, although not convicted of, soliciting a child under 16. If that isn’t an undesirable individual I don’t know what is.

I hope NLC think seriously about allowing Griffiths access to Broadwood tomorrow given the precedent now set by them.

829F1383-C361-49AE-A4D7-16C641CFFB54.jpeg