Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

26 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

What could be lower than North Lanarkshire Council holding Clyde to ransom, threatening to evict them if DG enters Broadwood. That's bad enough, but they're telling the club who they can and can't sign and play. Where's the SFA and SPFL in this? Besides that, Goodwillie must have a cast iron case for NLC denying him basic human rights.

The law understander has logged on 

12 hours ago, Firefoxer said:

Absolute scandal,  witchhunt now pure and simple . Something very very wrong here actual murderers and rapists don't even get treated like this. 

Pathetic

27 posts

Reputation -219

Impressive shithousery.

29 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

What could be lower than North Lanarkshire Council holding Clyde to ransom, threatening to evict them if DG enters Broadwood. That's bad enough, but they're telling the club who they can and can't sign and play. Where's the SFA and SPFL in this? Besides that, Goodwillie must have a cast iron case for NLC denying him basic human rights.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you are a horrible, horrible human being 

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If this is a real question, then one answer would be “being an unrepentant rapist” 

10 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Can't believe being a footballer is a basic human right. I'm getting in touch with clubs post-haste.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The law understander has logged on 

Please stop quoting Raver he is an utter loser and it makes the ignore function less useful, thank you kindly.

Does anyone at your club ever answer the phone? Been trying to get through since yesterday but goes straight to answer machine.

Due to Clyde's bizarre ticketing arrangements I cant purchase an U12 ticket online for one of my kids, even though I'm buying one for myself and my two other kids. I'm keen to know if the ticket office is cash only or can I use my card as I'll be buying all 4 tickets tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, champions said:

Does anyone at your club ever answer the phone? Been trying to get through since yesterday but goes straight to answer machine.

Due to Clyde's bizarre ticketing arrangements I cant purchase an U12 ticket online for one of my kids, even though I'm buying one for myself and my two other kids. I'm keen to know if the ticket office is cash only or can I use my card as I'll be buying all 4 tickets tomorrow?

Can use your card

16 minutes ago, champions said:

You should be able to use a contactless card tomorrow, check the Clyde official website tonight, you will get the details there, 

Go early as there maybe queues if the NLC are vetting who gets in.

40 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If this is a real question, then one answer would be “being an unrepentant rapist” 

Or simply just signing (or being) a rapist? (I include both Raith and Clyde's boards). Goodwillie is probably only unrepentant on the grounds that if he said sorry he'd be admitting guilt and would face retrial and jail time (deservedly too!) but turkeys don't generally vote for Christmas. If his lawyer thought there was a least possibility he could apologise and continue his career I'd suspect he'd have done that long ago.

26 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Sorry to be so blunt, but you are a horrible, horrible human being 

I think you've taken that too far, from his posts there is no evidence what so ever he is human.

That's not true, plenty fans said at the time they didn't like Layne or his past. But we're talking about a guy who continually felt a womans arse in a nightclub, not guy who took an incoherent lassie back to a hotel, raped her with his pal then left her there. FWIW, Layne has found it much more difficult for employment than Goodwillie, mainly because he doesn't have a wee band of weirdos who hero worship him. 
There was plenty Clyde fans against signing Goodwillie first or second time round as well. Yet he's still happy to label all Clyde fans as scum and by extension all Dumbarton fans, including himself, must be scum too.

Goodwillie is obviously far worse but when you are having to resort to our sex offender isn't as bad as yours then I don't think anyone comes out looking good.

Layne hasn't been able to pick up another team because he isn't very good and injury prone rather than his baggage. He played for both Peterhead and Dumbarton while on the register.

57 minutes ago, champions said:

I’m afraid you’re unlikely to get anyone on the phone. Having a quick look you are right about U12 tickets not being able to buy online. 

I am a season ticket holder so don’t normally pay attention to the online store but U12’s appear to only be available on the day. Tomorrow for whatever reason there isn’t a cash or pay at the gate facility (not sure reasons!)

I will ask a few people & see if there is a solution to the problem. 

47 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

There was plenty Clyde fans against signing Goodwillie first or second time round as well. Yet he's still happy to label all Clyde fans as scum and by extension all Dumbarton fans, including himself, must be scum too.

Goodwillie is obviously far worse but when you are having to resort to our sex offender isn't as bad as yours then I don't think anyone comes out looking good.

Layne hasn't been able to pick up another team because he isn't very good and injury prone rather than his baggage. He played for both Peterhead and Dumbarton while on the register.

I should be clear that I don't think all Clyde fans are scum. I was just contesting the "no one bat an eyelid" comment. 

19 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Looking forward to exercising my human rights at Firhill tonight by making my long-awaited professional debut for Thistle.

I foresee disappointment......lots of it, no matter how that pans out.

That's not true, plenty fans said at the time they didn't like Layne or his past. But we're talking about a guy who continually felt a womans arse in a nightclub, not guy who took an incoherent lassie back to a hotel, raped her with his pal then left her there. FWIW, Layne has found it much more difficult for employment than Goodwillie, mainly because he doesn't have a wee band of weirdos who hero worship him. 

I’d have thought Lithgow was the obvious one. How many have you had over the years!? Given he’s played for Dumbarton and Clyde (and yes Airdrie) maybe he’s not a good example.

6 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I’d have thought Lithgow was the obvious one. How many have you had over the years!? Given he’s played for Dumbarton and Clyde (and yes Airdrie) maybe he’s not a good example.

I mean, if we're listing all the unsavoury players that have committed various sexually or even non-sexually motivated crimes over our time at Broadwood we'd be here all day.

Whilst it's not a great precedent to be setting, you can probably just argue that perhaps NLC consider Goodwillie's crimes to be particularly egregious and that's absolutely fair enough. As is the fact that recent movements in the mindset of society as a whole have empowered them to act on their powers.