Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
20 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:
A one sentence statement to hopefully begin the long road back from this whole nightmare.
Although the Raith fans were fairly sure we wouldn’t be able to terminate it that easily, so let’s see

Doesn't really have any impact now though does it? Been told they're getting kicked out at the end of their bf agreement and tons of bad press from it including the women's team chucking it en masse

I suspect they hope it’ll be the start of the road back with NLC to negotiate a lease at Broadwood but who knows? Whatever happens next is entirely on the board’s appalling judgment but this step was the obvious first one of many.

As a side note, does anyone more informed than me know whether the finance director Andy Allan is still involved with the club? He appears as a director on Companies House but isn’t in the club directory or listed as a board member on the website?

2 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

It's like a vile game of pass the parcel. 

It's Raith's problem again. In truth it still was anyway. 

Aye, it doesn't really change things for the Rovers. They still had to come to an agreement to get Goodwillie off the books. That was probably made easier when there was a definite destination, but the end goal is still the same. 

I imagine Clyde will end up on the hook for a small percentage of the final settlement in exchange for cancelling this loan, but with any luck the next statement with his name in it will just confirm that he's no longer an employee of either club (or any other) and then the c**t disappears forever. 

I agree. I have lost all confidence in their judgement and ability to be custodians of the club's future.

The question is who replaces them?

As far as I'm aware there's no one standing in the wings.

A major sponsor and other high profile Clyde fans are arrogantly culpable in this debacle and can't be trusted.

It's a mess.

The whole board has to go after this. Most of them should have really gone by now. In the last 5 years or so we have had the missing tax payments, the Fitzpatrick registration issue, the Norrie Inness saga and now this.

As you said the big issue is who replaces them. The problem with us being fan owned is that most that have the drive or knowledge to serve on the board have already done it and we've been left with the last 5 or 6 lingering way past their sell by dates.

There's no chance anyone external will want to get involved.

Majority of Glasgow branch…DGW IN

BOARD….IN

NL LEISURE—-GTF

Board now…terminate loan agreement because we’re fucked.

What’s more important…. ? The long term longevity of the Club, or short term gain ?

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I’d imagine they could. For example If you were renting your house out to a lady who had an on/off boyfriend who was a known dealer and you didn’t want him anywhere near the place, you could perhaps stick a clause in the contract to such. Even just ‘no pets’ might work under the same principle; if it’s your property, you’ve got a certain amount of say on who’s in it? Not sure how it’d be codified in law tho. @Day of the Lords, you any idea? 

No idea mate. I work in Welfare Rights (benefits, tribunals etc). This is totally not my bag. At a guess there would be a clause something along the lines of conduct which may cause disrepute or something.

It's also important the remember that Councils quite often jump into a controversial issue with both feet then have to walk it back rapid when someone who's actually legally competent gets involved. 

8 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

BOARD….IN

NL LEISURE—-GTF

What’s more important…. ? The long term longevity of the Club, or short term gain ?

Sorry, are you actually trying to say that signing a near-33-year-old striker would be better for the club's long-term health than having somewhere to play our games beyond next season?

9 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

BOARD….IN

NL LEISURE—-GTF

I think this is the dictionary definition of “word vomit”

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

Sorry, are you actually trying to say that signing a near-33-year-old striker would be better for the club's long-term health than having somewhere to play our games beyond next season?

Baffling but yes that does seem to be what’s being said here.

31 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Nothing he said was remotely controversial.  You need to calm down.

The statement quoted from his post would be controversial, if he came away with it in court.

29 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

No the complete opposite actually…long term survival above everything else

2 hours ago, The Spider said:

Well now that we’ve spent over an hour bigging up the Old Firm, before we have a quick look at what’s happening in the diddy leagues, let’s head over to MacDiarmid Park to see what’s been happening in the Challenged Cup Final. Derek, what’s the latest?

Well Richard you join us as we enter the last few minutes of what’s been an engrossing game in spite of the 0-0 scoreline. No sponsors for this year’s competition of course, but Clyde & Raith Rovers have been doing their best to make this occasion worthy of the competition’s name.

As you would expect it’s been the full time club who have dominated proceedings, but The Bully Wee have been competent and principled in their resistance of Raith’s sustained pressure. Hold on Richard, hold on, it’s a penalty to the part-timers. To be fair it was a great move from the Clyde boy, selling the Rovers’ defence a complete dummy, but did they really have to dive in so recklessly without considering the consequences.

It was as blatant an error as you’ll ever see Richard, expertly converted by Robert Jones who’s on a hot scoring streak right now - that’s his 3rd in 24 games. Just in front of me I can see the Clyde Treasurer gleefully rubbing his hands in anticipation of the prize money that’s surely coming Clyde’s way as we now enter time-added-on with Raith now also disadvantaged by being a man down following that incident.

But wait, what’s this…………I don’t believe it Richard, what a stupid thing to do right at the death here! Raith had seemingly abandoned any attempt at strategy, and in desperation were trying any means possible to rectify the situation. Clyde on the other hand were in complete control, but with virtually the very last kick of the game they’ve conceded a spectacular own goal following isolated pressure from Raith’s substitute who was only signed this morning from Club Castlemilk.

Well, back to you in the studio Richard. It looked like Clyde had stolen it, but Raith have now turned the tables on them and this game’s not over by a long way!

42EFB4B6-9941-4844-AB9D-2054E7E0449C.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

The statement quoted from his post would be controversial, if he came away with it in court.

Are you for real?  You have to be seriously at the wind-up to see any issue with that statement.  Yes that wording wouldn’t be used in court.  It wasn’t made in court though so there’s nothing wrong with it.

Give your head a wobble.

North Lanarkshire Council is run by a Labour minority, backed up by the Conservatives.

The Leader of the Council is Labour's Jim Logue. Jim Logue was at the very forefront the last time Clyde were threatened with eviction back in the early 2000s. He didn't get his wish back then but interesting that he's not long back in control and there's an eviction notice posted on the club.

Clyde fans should be very, very concerned as it can't be assumed it's business as usual now that Goodwillie is back in Kirkcaldy.