Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

14 minutes ago, Chanandler Bong said:

Please excuse my possible ignorance here but who/what is this ‘Glasgow Branch’ that are coming in for a lot of flak here?  Are they the sponsors who it’s being suggested pressured the BoD into re-signing the rapist?

A fairly long standing supporters group is what they are. No idea if they put money into the club, and if they do how much etc. 

I find it hard to believe it has the 250 members as quoted before, but even if they do they should not have any level of influence over the board, especially when what they’re asking for is the most stupid thing a football club has ever done. 

The club need to communicate something to the fans in terms of why the decision was made, and more urgently where we go from here. I’d also be keen to hear from the Glasgow branch themselves as to why they thought this was a good idea. 

Severely risking the future of the club for one player, what have we become. 

Please don't take this as any kind of support for Goodwillie or Clyde but can North Lanarkshire Council ban someone for something they've never had a criminal conviction for? It seems a bit of a slippery slope. If, somehow, some other desperate wee team with a stupid board, like Falkirk, were to sign Goodwillie would his ban from Broadwood still exist? I doubt the away team or the SPFL would be keen on that. Can NLC ban Craig Thomson for being a nonce if Clyde play Cowdenbeath? 

Again no sympathy for Goodwillie or Clyde in this situation, I'm pointing and laughing as much as the next person, but the... process of it seems strange. 

The council banning a player from setting foot in the stadium does seem a unique move and sets a questionable precedent.

For example could we object to an opponent who had a horrible flasher as their star centre back and have the council ban him? Where does it end? Can privately owned stadia ban players from opponent sides if they wish? It’s opening a massive can of worms.

On the plus side it might lead to less scumbags being employed at football teams.

Well now that we’ve spent over an hour bigging up the Old Firm, before we have a quick look at what’s happening in the diddy leagues, let’s head over to MacDiarmid Park to see what’s been happening in the Challenged Cup Final. Derek, what’s the latest?

Well Richard you join us as we enter the last few minutes of what’s been an engrossing game in spite of the 0-0 scoreline. No sponsors for this year’s competition of course, but Clyde & Raith Rovers have been doing their best to make this occasion worthy of the competition’s name.

As you would expect it’s been the full time club who have dominated proceedings, but The Bully Wee have been competent and principled in their resistance of Raith’s sustained pressure. Hold on Richard, hold on, it’s a penalty to the part-timers. To be fair it was a great move from the Clyde boy, selling the Rovers’ defence a complete dummy, but did they really have to dive in so recklessly without considering the consequences.

It was as blatant an error as you’ll ever see Richard, expertly converted by Robert Jones who’s on a hot scoring streak right now - that’s his 3rd in 24 games. Just in front of me I can see the Clyde Treasurer gleefully rubbing his hands in anticipation of the prize money that’s surely coming Clyde’s way as we now enter time-added-on with Raith now also disadvantaged by being a man down following that incident.

But wait, what’s this…………I don’t believe it Richard, what a stupid thing to do right at the death here! Raith had seemingly abandoned any attempt at strategy, and in desperation were trying any means possible to rectify the situation. Clyde on the other hand were in complete control, but with virtually the very last kick of the game they’ve conceded a spectacular own goal following isolated pressure from Raith’s substitute who was only signed this morning from Club Castlemilk.

Well, back to you in the studio Richard. It looked like Clyde had stolen it, but Raith have now turned the tables on them and this game’s not over by a long way!

15 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

My name is on this list of yours and I can tell you right now that is not my position, as I’ve argued on that forum vigorously as well. Take this down.

And my  name is on that list as well. Again I was categorically opposed to him returning. It appears that you have listed every one who contributed to  the thread regardless of their viewpoint.

Well out of order!!

1 minute ago, The Spider said:

Well now that we’ve spent over an hour bigging up the Old Firm, before we have a quick look at what’s happening in the diddy leagues, let’s head over to MacDiarmid Park to see what’s been happening in the Challenged Cup Final. Derek, what’s the latest?

Well Richard you join us as we enter the last few minutes of what’s been an engrossing game in spite of the 0-0 scoreline. No sponsors for this year’s competition of course, but Clyde & Raith Rovers have been doing their best to make this occasion worthy of the competition’s name.

As you would expect it’s been the full time club who have dominated proceedings, but The Bully Wee have been competent and principled in their resistance of Raith’s sustained pressure. Hold on Richard, hold on, it’s a penalty to the part-timers. To be fair it was a great move from the Clyde boy, selling the Rovers’ defence a complete dummy, but did they really have to dive in so recklessly without considering the consequences.

It was as blatant an error as you’ll ever see Richard, expertly converted by Robert Jones who’s on a hot scoring streak right now - that’s his 3rd in 24 games. Just in front of me I can see the Clyde Treasurer gleefully rubbing his hands in anticipation of the prize money that’s surely coming Clyde’s way as we now enter time-added-on with Raith now also disadvantaged by being a man down following that incident.

But wait, what’s this…………I don’t believe it Richard, what a stupid thing to do right at the death here! Raith had seemingly abandoned any attempt at strategy, and in desperation were trying any means possible to rectify the situation. Clyde on the other hand were in complete control, but with virtually the very last kick of the game they’ve conceded a spectacular own goal following isolated pressure from Raith’s substitute who was only signed this morning from Club Castlemilk.

Well, back to you in the studio Richard. It looked like Clyde had stolen it, but Raith have now turned the tables on them and this game’s not over by a long way!

ted.gif.555017d452cc010ec495c81209182f43.gif

11 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

And my  name is on that list as well. Again I was categorically opposed to him returning. It appears that you have listed every one who contributed to  the thread regardless of their viewpoint.

Well out of order!!

Regardless of viewpoints, disclosing personal information on individuals from a private forum on a public platform is disgraceful.

Edited by bullywee2010

1 minute ago, Firefoxer said:

Absolute scandal,  witchhunt now pure and simple . Something very very wrong here actual murderers and rapists don't even get treated like this. 

Pathetic

Most of the others are in prison.

Now f**k off.

3 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

Absolute scandal,  witchhunt now pure and simple . Something very very wrong here actual murderers and rapists don't even get treated like this. 

Pathetic

The evidence of the last few weeks would suggest this is exactly how a rapist (D. Goodwillie) is treated 

8 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

Something very wrong here when actual idiots are allowed access to the internet.

Hello, is that EKFC club secretary?  Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hello is that Rutherglen Glencairn's club secretary? Bzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hello is that Shettleston Juniors club secretary?  Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Eh hello, is that Spartak Moscow's club secretary?  Da, hallo Clyde man!

Shettleston's custodians have embarrassed themelves nearly as badly as Clyde's by renaming themselves as Glasgow United.

My hope is that this stops the chronic malaise that the club has revelled in recently and finally leads to some direction. This has led to an even bigger split in our support than the EK lies.

The current board's positions are entirely untenable now. It is isn't up for negotiation as to whether they must leave.

When they are replaced, that must immediately be followed with a clear battle plan regarding the club's future and how to put this episode firmly in the past. That involves moving on from Goodwillie; a chance that we have completely blown once.

9 minutes ago, Darkness78 said:

The only winner in this is David Goodwillie, who still gets his £1200 a week contract for the next 2 and a half years.

Raith shafted, Clyde shafted

Only in the same way that if you actively jump off a bridge you'll get "shafted" by gravity. 

Edited by Against The Machine

15 minutes ago, Darkness78 said:

The only winner in this is David Goodwillie, who still gets his £1200 a week contract for the next 2 and a half years.

Raith shafted, Clyde shafted

"shafted" implies something bad has been done to them that isnt deserved.

It hasnt

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cathkin Park is still looking for a proper club to call it home lads.

I'm fairly confident Third Lanark will be back soon in a redeveloped Cathkin. There's good people in charge and a latent fanbase. The sky's the limit!