Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Oh my! What a shitstorm this is. Clyde making an absolute shitfuck of it and putting their very existence in jeopardy.  If Clyde are evicted where are they going to go? I can only think that they have a complete clear out of the board. A new board can say that they are the new face of Clyde and aren't responsible for this mess.  As a Thistle fan it is certainly giving Mr a huge chuckle, but we are actually talking about a club that are 140 years old, with a rich history and it is heartbreaking for this to be happening and to the true Clyde fan, my heart goes out to you. Ah well, I suppose the shit trickles back to Kirkcaldy now!

8 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Hello, is that EKFC club secretary?  Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hello is that Rutherglen Glencairn's club secretary? Bzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hello is that Shettleston Juniors club secretary?  Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Eh hello, is that Spartak Moscow's club secretary?  Da, hallo Clyde man!

Shettleston juniors are now Glasgow united

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Don't worry fellow Clyde supporters.

To paraphrase some of our idiot fans, the hoo-ha will only last a couple of days.

The ha ha is going to last a bit longer, by the looks of things.

22 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did it only come back under council control in the last 5/6 weeks?

Does it matter? The point is they didn't have control over the stadium when he signed last time, whereas now they do.

Regardless, attitudes change. They didn't even need to justify their decision.

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Does it matter? The point is they didn't have control over the stadium when he signed last time, whereas now they do.

Regardless, attitudes change. They didn't even need to justify their decision.

I think it does matter. I'm quite prepared to accept they didn't have control of the stadium when he originally signed, but if they are so aghast at him re-signing, why didn't they have a quiet word with Clyde whenever they did regain control over the ground?

As an outsider looking at this the council's decision smacks a little of opportunism (someone posted that the council and/or the subsidiary that was running the ground had a poor relationship with Clyde, and this was a good excuse to get rid of them).

I'm not arguing against their decision, just the timing of it.

21 minutes ago, jagtastic said:

Cumbernauld Colts to buy Clyde out and take their league place Airdrie United style.

They are the primary licence holders at Broadwood anyway, aren't they? 

Mate of mine was a coach at CC until about 3 years back.  He always said they were legally the primary club at the stadium.

I think it does matter. I'm quite prepared to accept they didn't have control of the stadium when he originally signed, but if they are so aghast at him re-signing, why didn't they have a quiet word with Clyde whenever they did regain control over the ground?
As an outsider looking at this the council's decision smacks a little of opportunism (someone posted that the council and/or the subsidiary that was running the ground had a poor relationship with Clyde, and this was a good excuse to get rid of them).
I'm not arguing against their decision, just the timing of it.
There is council elections coming up in May and with the amount of media attention this is getting it was inevitable they would have to be seem to be doing something.

I’m afraid you don’t only need a new ground you need a new board.

The decision to take back DGW, when the backlash was so obvious, was clearly insane. Insane as it was bound to split an already small and declining support, insane as most sponsors won’t touch trouble, insane from building the brand, and insane as you had got out of jail fairly freely and would likely have stayed up anyway which would have been a good achievement.

If the Board have any honour they will all agree to step down once credible alternatives have been found. They cannot continue. The shareholders need to ensure they are removed if they won’t go. But beware - hasty alternatives- this needs careful thought.

It will take a true strength of character now for the manager to motivate the players and get results. Good luck! If you subsequently go down don’t blame Lennon- he’s your best asset.

But now the posturing over possibly moving location will become reality. 18 months is not a long time.

What to do? The next few days are critical as if the clodhopping board continue to hide and not tackle  this head on what is now a crisis could end up ruining the club.

The brand needs very careful rebuilding.  The chairman needs to make a full and grovelling apology immediately. No excuses. Serious misjudgment.

He then needs to ask Broadwood and Clyde for a period of reflection on the contract. It should be reflection from both parties. 

This needs to be backed up with  remorse in the brand building process. Perhaps the transfer fee from Raith should go to charity? Many will say you can’t afford it but consider the long term brand implication. Whatever is decided it needs to be signifiant.

Next the shareholders need to find credible people to run this club. People who understand and want to build the brand, have a sustainable plan for stadium/ location etc and roots. Constantly policy shifts and not knowing where you are is a very  bad look.

the board have been fools- perhaps with genuine remorse and quickly they might stem the damage but it needs to be done very quickly.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its probably to do with the physical evidence of the rape, plenty folk saw the nick of the victim, incapable of consent etc, but proving the sexual contact is incredibly difficult in terms of lack of dna etc. there is a forensic window and in the absence of witnesses to the actual rape if its not reported within the window you rely on other things like an admission or some other record that the rape happened. 

You obviously didn't read the full court report and the judges findings, which were posted earlier in the thread.

Have a look and you may come to a different conclusion.