Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Clyde have shot themselves in the foot big time but it says a lot about the womens team, council etc that they were happy with him being at the club 5/6 weeks ago (or at least weren't arsed about speaking up about it).

On the contrary, the whole point of speaking up is to let other people feel they no longer need to keep quiet. If Clyde Ladies had quit at some arbitrary point prior to the Raith implosion it would have been unlikely to have made the same splash. NLC of course have been trying to get rid for years and get no brownie points here.

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

CPS is down south, PF for Scotland.

The difference is essentially probability vs beyond all reasonable doubt. Given the context/circumstances, it would have been extremely difficult to prove in a criminal court. Knowing the details, however, it is surprising that the PF didn’t even entertain it.

Under Scots Law corroboration is required for a successful prosecution. 

Reading the civil judgement it seems to me that there was abundant corroboration to the fact that she was incapable of providing consent. 

It baffles me, admittedly a layman in such matters, that it didn't come before a criminal court. 

She was failed by the Scottish legal system. 

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On the contrary, the whole point of speaking up is to let other people feel they no longer need to keep quiet. If Clyde Ladies had quit at some arbitrary point prior to the Raith implosion it would have been unlikely to have made the same splash. NLC of course have been trying to get rid for years and get no brownie points here.

Does it need to "make a splash" for it to be the right thing?

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

Don't worry fellow Clyde supporters.

To paraphrase some of our idiot fans, the hoo-ha will only last a couple of days.

That's exactly what Raith thought. 

The shit is beginning to hit the fan. 

Clyde have somehow managed to look more stupid than Raith Rovers. An improbable feat given the events of a few weeks ago. 

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Does it need to "make a splash" for it to be the right thing?

That's not what I meant. I'm glad they came forward, and all the better if their having done so encourages others to act their conscience.

Clyde should probably just move back to Shawfield tbh
A lot of that area has/ is being redeveloped but the ground is still there. It's a bit of a state though

Probably in better nick than the Firhill pitch tbf.

Just can't fathom what the conversation must've been like when this loan agreement was set up.  Raith probably can't believe their luck that there was a board even thicker than them that would not only take the player but save them some money and take the centre of attention from them completely . 

17 hours ago, Interesting... said:

The announcements from NLC and the ladies team that have come out since this embarrassment of a post only make the whole thing more tragic. 

I hope the “real” supporters who didn’t want to “kick the club when they’re down” (they’re definitely down now if they weren’t before) and pushed for this and put pressure on the board to get DGW back on loan are happy with how things are turning out. Not that they weren’t completely fucking obvious given the media outage Raith brought on themselves.

Forget we could potentially be homeless again and struggle to find anyone or anywhere who want to have any sort of connection with us ever again, at least we will have him back for 9 games… fucking unbelievable.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Celtic involved in civil action about sexual abuse at the club.

Celtic deny responsibility.

Celtic B play at the Excelsior stadium.

I'll await North Lanarkshire's response if the civil action goes against Celtic.

With those levels of whataboutery you seem more suited to supporting the OF

Celtic involved in civil action about sexual abuse at the club.

Celtic deny responsibility.

Celtic B play at the Excelsior stadium.

I'll await North Lanarkshire's response if the civil action goes against Celtic.
What relevance does any of that have to the Clyde situation?

The council don't own Airdrie's stadium just because its in North Lanarkshire doesn't mean they can do anything.

28 minutes ago, Aufc said:

That’s what I’m saying. Loads of people are saying that he has shown no remorse etc. However, how can he apologise for raping someone? It wouldn’t make any difference.

If its impossible for him to apologise then he should probably avoid hitting the papers to tell them how he's struggled to afford a new car due to the court case and how hard he's had it, then.

He's had plenty of chances to either show remorse or use his profile in rape campaigns to try and prevent others doing the same, instead he gave it a "woe is me" campaign.

Clyde are getting what they deserve and I feel sorry for their decent fans, although I guess most of them stopped supporting years ago anyway.