Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Oh really. Then why, as soon as that situation was avoided, weren’t you calling for the club to get rid of him?

What a load of utter bollocks.

You spoke about Clyde fans being scum being the only reason he was signed in the first place, you clueless simpleton. Patently not the case.

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Oh really. Then why, as soon as that situation was avoided, weren’t you calling for the club to get rid of him?

What a load of utter bollocks.

I'm somewhat entertained, if absolutely disgusted, by the new creative bullshit some of these idiots are coming up with to try and justify him signing initially and again now.

Disgusting horrible rapist. Disgusting fans. Shame as there seems to be a fair few decent ones on here too.

1 minute ago, squeezebox-son said:

I'm somewhat entertained, if absolutely disgusted, by the new creative bullshit some of these idiots are coming up with to try and justify him signing initially and again now.

Disgusting horrible rapist. Disgusting fans. Shame as there seems to be a fair few decent ones on here too.

Nothing creative or bullshittish there at all - just a factual account of why Goodwillie was signed in the first place. Given the lack of noise and impact at the time, it was then easier for the club to keep him thereafter. If you're happy to be ignorant of that and put it down to any Clyde fan who retained support of the club being a rape apologist, then so be it.

10 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

You spoke about Clyde fans being scum being the only reason he was signed in the first place, you clueless simpleton. Patently not the case.

This is like speaking to Sevco fans. Amusing, but ultimately a waste of time.

24 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

This is like speaking to Sevco fans. Amusing, but ultimately a waste of time.

You do seem to enjoy wasting your own time given your re-appearance every couple of pages to denounce all but a few Clyde fans as rape apologists and scumbags. If you bothered to actually read any of the thread, though, you'd find most active on this site (including myself) speaking out against Goodwillie's signing, and articulating very well why that is. I understand that doing so might not appeal to you as much as sharting out sensationalist blanket statements of condemnation, however.

8 hours ago, Bob731 said:

Over 37,500 comments on various subjects over the years . Not much else to do I take it ?

An average of about 9 or 10 posts a day is hardly massive tbf. 

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The worst c***s are the likes of @Ingo ohne Flamingo who just sit and greenie the rapist enablers.

Wasn't that formerly Gunther, the boy who had a weird obsession with gay men and tried way too hard to convince everyone he had a wife? He's been a wrong 'un for years.

9 hours ago, Interesting... said:

What an absolute embarrassment. David could just say 'I'm a VL' and saved himself some time rather than spend his time mashing his keyboard until something vaguely resembling a statement manifests. A bunch of freaks.

That is a wild, wild web of angry word spaghetti. I'd suggest that David is barely able to be admin of himself breathing never mind any coherent organisation. Imagine seeing that and not been utterly humiliated as a football fan. 😳

4 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

That is a wild, wild web of angry word spaghetti. I'd suggest that David is barely able to be admin of himself breathing never mind any coherent organisation. Imagine seeing that and not been utterly humiliated as a football fan. 😳

This is the same organisation that apparently had a whip round to finance a car for Goodwillie, something that he obviously had no chance of affording himself on £1k a week. Mental. 

8 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

This is the same organisation that apparently had a whip round to finance a car for Goodwillie, something that he obviously had no chance of affording himself on £1k a week. Mental. 

There. Are. No. Words 

8 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

f**k off :lol:

The Clyde FC Supporters Glasgow branch not only threatened to withdraw funding from their club over not signing a rapist, they actually tried to buy a car for said rapist?

Might be a good idea to delete this and instead post the screenshot itself with the most egregious parts and the identity of the named party in the post redacted. That post is an extremely cowardly attack on one individual, a fairly prolific Clyde P&B poster who might end up seeing this, if he hasn't already.

Spoiler

The reactions of fans from other clubs towards Raith Rovers and Clyde noticeably differ. 

When Raith signed Goodwillie there was obviously plenty of vitriol directed towards the decision makers at Stark's Park but largely sympathy and support for the Raith fans. 

That differs sharply with the reaction to the Clyde support. There are, of course, countless decent Clyde fans out there but the fact that so many not just support the return of Goodwillie to their club but actively facilitated his return is really dragging the name of their club through the mud. Notwithstanding normal football rivalry, that is sad. 

Raith Rovers will, eventually, recover from this debacle. Perhaps emerging as a Club more in touch not just with their support but with the continuing changing societal attitudes in general. 

Clyde, I'm not so sure. 

They signed Goodwillie first time around which is maybe forgivable. Attitudes have changed since then. Mine have probably shifted. To do so again after all the attention is just awful, in my opinion worse that Raith signing him. The reaction of some Clyde fans in lauding the return of this "legend" is just shameful. It is tarnishing the image of Clyde Football Club perhaps forever. Do they not care about that? 

Edit: No idea why this is showing hidden comments. I'm old. 

Edited by John MacLean

18 minutes ago, John MacLean said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It is tarnishing the image of Clyde Football Club perhaps forever. Do they not care about that? 

Clearly not, the short term benefits which aren’t even guaranteed seem to outweigh the long term damage. It may not be repairable damage either. 

4 hours ago, Interesting... said:

61464880_ClydeLadies.thumb.jpg.4a6ea16a8647d003efbe07c28f889177.jpg

Well done to each and every one of them. It can't be easy giving up something you love doing because of what is happening but doing so makes a stand against people like David Goodwillie being allowed to swagger around like he hasn't ruined people's lives. 

I hope all the ladies are snapped up by another club as soon as and can continue in sport.