Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Great signing for Clyde. Wish ICT had signed him instead, would have got us promoted!!

Thankfully we are a club who don’t employ, and actually sack, players who are abusive to woman.

Having witnessed the fallout following Goodwillie’s signing for Raith, it is mind boggling that Clyde thought it would be a good idea to take him back.

All their Christmas had come at once by offloading him for a hefty transfer fee and wages freed up. It’s not as if results have dropped off since his departure. With or without Goodwillie they were never going to get promoted or relegated.

Just seems a needless situation to get into.

Or because pie and bovril forum is a toxic echo chamber. 

I think you’ll find the Glasgow branch Facebook page or official forum to be much more akin to toxic echo chambers than pie and bovril.

Hence the repeated calling out of those championing a rapist.

'Goodwillie, who had moved to Stark's Park as he desired a return to full-time football, had written to fans expressing his sadness that Clyde's board had initially rejected his return, saying he wished he could turn the clock back.'

Genuine question. The final sentence if the BBC article on Goodwillie's return to Clyde says that he contacted Clyde fans following the boards initial refusal to take him back.
Is this the case?
I haven't seen it mentioned yet on this thread.

Read this as well and found it astounding. I imagine it was written in crayon for a start. Probably a direct plea to the singing his name, bring wur captain home brigade.

Like everything else surrounding DG it smacks of caring only for himself and loaded with his own self interest, exactly as the judge described his character.

Let’s be honest here if raith fans hadn’t kicked up a massive fuss at his signing he wouldn’t give a f**k about Clyde right now. He wants to turn the clock back and come crawling back with his tail between his legs now and c***s are lapping it up like a returning hero. It’s sickening.

4 hours ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Would you be happy with one of your family members having their entire life ruined based on nothing but probability? Wouldn't you want a jury of their peers to decide? Well that's what goodie wanted and didn't get. 

everyone knows he’s a rapist,even “goodie” knows he’s a rapist or he wouldn’t have tried to settle out of court

“goodie”😂

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When I think of Clyde I get this picture in my head.

image.png.b667abac68dddf18b3703bd3af19bef6.png

I genuinely struggle to think of a more mismanaged club outside the premier league, maybe Falkirk give a run for the title. Just sleepwalk from one disaster to another,It’s a real shame. 

So why are you complaining about the signing? The board made a decision based on what was best for the club and I think we can all move on now. 
You can't tell people to back to board on one hand and then complain about their decision the next. 

Did the board make the decision based on what is best for the club or were they put under pressure by a particular sponsor to re-sign his favourite player?

We're the one club in the whole world with sponsors that threaten to remove sponsorship if we DIDN'T sign Goodwillie.

Absolute nuts.

Edited by haufdaft

So to clarify...we now have a player that wanted to leave 5 weeks ago, appointed by a board that voted last week, against taking him back.

Wonkers on here and OS claiming because they have loud voices they must be right.  Putinesk claiming there is no backlash. Also claiming a letter was sent in demanding an EGM. Our board shat it.   I hope these c***s will dig deep into their pockets if our shitty board have misjudged this...

Not all Clyde fans back this stupidity.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Typo

6 hours ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Metoo started in 2017 around the time we signed Goodie, it's not that much a difference to how it's viewed now. 

Take Val Mcdermit out this equation and I think he would be playing at Raith. 

Do we just punish someone who has never been found guilty for the rest of his life? 

In defence of the board I wouldn't describe taking this decision as spineless, the easy option was to take the money and run. They were pushed into listening to fans and sponsors but they made the tough decision in the end. 

Well you’d be wrong, our board were well aware Val would go nuclear as she made it clear publicly in December when the rumours started.  Contrary to how the media portrayed it, it wasn’t Val McDermid or the other Sponsors who forced the U-Turn on David Goodwillie playing for Raith although I’m sure they contributed.  It was the Staff and volunteers who walked out in their droves that forced it. Raith Would have struggling to meet future fixtures as everyone from the Fans Board member to the TV team resigned and walked out in protest. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

The thing I find quite odd about this is that during the furore that engulfed Raith there was (to my knowledge) very little comment or criticism directed at Clyde FC over the fact that David Goodwillie had been playing for them over quite a few seasons.  It seemed that all of the collateral damage had landed in Kirkcaldy.

With that in mind who in the name of God thought it was a good idea to invite this walking publicity grenade back to Broadwood ?  I had imagined that Goodwillie would have had to bugger off to Cyprus or Mexico or wherever, and I can well understand the bewildered anger of many Clyde fans.

So why are you complaining about the signing? The board made a decision based on what was best for the club and I think we can all move on now. 

You can't tell people to back to board on one hand and then complain about their decision the next. 

I can when they’re a fucking mile out and harming the club. It’s not one or the other with regards to backing them. If they do well they deserve praise and if they make an arse of it they should be criticised, just like the players.

3 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

'Goodwillie, who had moved to Stark's Park as he desired a return to full-time football, had written to fans expressing his sadness that Clyde's board had initially rejected his return, saying he wished he could turn the clock back.'

Genuine question. The final sentence if the BBC article on Goodwillie's return to Clyde says that he contacted Clyde fans following the boards initial refusal to take him back.

Is this the case?

I haven't seen it mentioned yet on this thread.

News to me.

6 hours ago, clyde55 said:

I'm finished for this season. Will evaluate again in the summer but fed up with this carry on. Sick of people in my work, friends etc asking me what's that all about. Its a horrendous decision. For all the obvious reasons said above repeatedly, but also for the fact that whether he's a talented player or not he obviously would rather not be at Clyde. He jumped ship as soon as he could and while I don't blame him for trying to get full time football, everybody and their dog could have told him it was a bad move. Now that it didn't work out, he's happy to come back? Away you go, I want players who want to be at the club, not pull on a jersey because no other team would take him. He had his chance 5 years ago; he threw that away when he left. I believe in second chances, not third ones. I've emailed the club and asked them to donate the remainder of my season ticket to the red cross. I won't be back this season at the very least.

How will you ensure the balance on your season ticket will be donated to the Red Cross ?  

I understood no refunds on ST balances would be made and all outstanding balances would go into the Club's coffers.

Perhaps this wish was in the body of your email to the Club. A copy of your request would clarify this.