Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Then you should have called for an owners vote, but you didn't and now we're suppose to assume how many were or against it? 
The board had already turned down Raith Rovers offer to sign him back on loan so why would a vote be required?

The fans don't normally get a vote every time we sign a player so why should we on this occasion?

Just now, Jack Burton said:

The board had already turned down Raith Rovers offer to sign him back on loan so why would a vote be required?

The fans don't normally get a vote every time we sign a player so why should we on this occasion?

OK then let's respect the boards decision and move on. 

Overall we've somehow ended up having a decent season (touch wood we don't collapse). We have a lot to be happy about at the moment. 

Do we want to get behind the team, Danny etc and who knows with a couple of good results, maybe push for a play off or do we want to sit around arguing about one signing? 

I'll be there backing every player in a Clyde shirt on Saturday and every game home and away. 

Let's focus on what we agree with at the club and not what we disagree on, FTJ. 

3 hours ago, BullyWee Craig said:

So you didn't celebrate Clyde's promotion which was massively helped by goodie? 

For the record I read the comments under negative posts such as Sturgeons. Yes there are two camps on this issue but to allow the media and politcians to dictate our transfer policy over the fans, owners and sponsors would have been cowardly.  

Sponsors shouldn’t dictate our transfer policy, either.

12 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Overall we've somehow ended up having a decent season (touch wood we don't collapse). We have a lot to be happy about at the moment. 

Do we want to get behind the team, Danny etc and who knows with a couple of good results, maybe push for a play off or do we want to sit around arguing about one signing? 

I'll be there backing every player in a Clyde shirt on Saturday and every game home and away. 

Let's focus on what we agree with at the club and not what we disagree on, FTJ. 

Let's stop arguing because there are far greater numbers of people who are talking sense and just a few roasters like you spouting shite every other post?

I hope there is a real stance against this from the decent Clyde fans and that this goes further than to just be brushed under the carpet.

4 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Let's stop arguing because there are far greater numbers of people who are talking sense and just a few roasters like you spouting shite every other post?

I hope there is a real stance against this from the decent Clyde fans and that this goes further than to just be brushed under the carpet.

Or because pie and bovril forum is a toxic echo chamber. 

24 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I think I had this debate on Twitter with him a few days ago. You’d be as well flinging shite at the moon because you’ll never get any justification for that question. 

Forget it’s about DGW, why should fans vote on who their club signs?! Imagine we decided and the management team didn’t like them or they didn’t fit into their tactical setup. A truly moronic suggestion.

3 hours ago, BullyWee Craig said:

So you didn't celebrate Clyde's promotion which was massively helped by goodie? 

For the record I read the comments under negative posts such as Sturgeons. Yes there are two camps on this issue but to allow the media and politcians to dictate our transfer policy over the fans, owners and sponsors would have been cowardly.  

Should only be one camp when it comes to signing a rapist 

Signing him doesn’t make you brave. 

1 minute ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I think I had this debate on Twitter with him a few days ago. You’d be as well flinging shite at the moon because you’ll never get any justification for that question. 

Forget it’s about DGW, why should fans vote on who their club signs?! Imagine we decided and the management team didn’t like them or they didn’t fit into their tactical setup. A truly moronic suggestion.

So why are you complaining about the signing? The board made a decision based on what was best for the club and I think we can all move on now. 

You can't tell people to back to board on one hand and then complain about their decision the next. 

I'm finished for this season. Will evaluate again in the summer but fed up with this carry on. Sick of people in my work, friends etc asking me what's that all about. Its a horrendous decision. For all the obvious reasons said above repeatedly, but also for the fact that whether he's a talented player or not he obviously would rather not be at Clyde. He jumped ship as soon as he could and while I don't blame him for trying to get full time football, everybody and their dog could have told him it was a bad move. Now that it didn't work out, he's happy to come back? Away you go, I want players who want to be at the club, not pull on a jersey because no other team would take him. He had his chance 5 years ago; he threw that away when he left. I believe in second chances, not third ones. I've emailed the club and asked them to donate the remainder of my season ticket to the red cross. I won't be back this season at the very least.

37 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Various news outlets label him as a rapist, including the BBC. Why? Because he cannot sue these organisations for defamation. They are perfectly within their right to label him as such because of this judgement. If he didn't like it, he could have appealed the judgement. 

Much as the zoomers infesting this place might dislike it, he can be called a rapist. 

He did, and lost again.

12 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Am I misremembering that he did and the appeal got thrown out?

No, you are remembering correctly. 

Rejected by three appeal judges. 

Just in case anyone is counting, that's four judges that have judged David Goodwillie to be a rapist. 

Who'd have thought 24hrs ago that the Camelon fan and Tommy ringpiece were merely the support bands for the main roaster, the bold Craig? Not me! I'll tell you that much. I assumed they were the low point of the Clyde gene pool that we'd see, but here he is splashing about in the shallow end with his waterwings on shouting loudly about grown up things that he doesn't really understand.

Edited by cb_diamond

1 hour ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Couldn't be more wrong. 

Over 50 people alone on the owners forum voted for his return. Zero people in the Glasgow branch group on FB have said they are against it. Everyone I've spoke to are in favour. 

The minority is Pie & Bovril, not the fans at games still singing his name, not the owners forums and not GB. 

Make it all the worse, then, doesn’t it? Not a spine or thread of moral fibre among them. 

'Goodwillie, who had moved to Stark's Park as he desired a return to full-time football, had written to fans expressing his sadness that Clyde's board had initially rejected his return, saying he wished he could turn the clock back.'

Genuine question. The final sentence if the BBC article on Goodwillie's return to Clyde says that he contacted Clyde fans following the boards initial refusal to take him back.

Is this the case?

I haven't seen it mentioned yet on this thread.

The attitudes of some Clyde fans on here (thankfully now what looks like a pretty small majority) are a bit like the Steubenville High School rape case where the concern was for the football players and the impact on them, rather than the impact on the victim.

Sadly, there are people for whom their team is more important than anything else or any moral considerations, and they would contort any set of facts to justify their position.  We saw it on the Raith thread too.

I just can’t do the moral gymnastics, and am back to my self-imposed exile.  

6 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

'Goodwillie, who had moved to Stark's Park as he desired a return to full-time football, had written to fans expressing his sadness that Clyde's board had initially rejected his return, saying he wished he could turn the clock back.'

Genuine question. The final sentence if the BBC article on Goodwillie's return to Clyde says that he contacted Clyde fans following the boards initial refusal to take him back.

Is this the case?

I haven't seen it mentioned yet on this thread.

I had also wondered about this. I didn’t receive any letter so clearly wasn’t on DGW’s mailing list…