Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Just now, The Moonster said:

It's facts is it? Can you quote me the bit where the judge said "meh you probably raped her, David"? 

Or are you taking absolute shite in a bid to belittle a legal process because you just love defending rapists? 

I'm going to go with the latter. 

"On balance of probability" yeah that's so much better isn't it. 

7 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Would you be happy with one of your family members having their entire life ruined based on nothing but probability? Wouldn't you want a jury of their peers to decide? Well that's what goodie wanted and didn't get. 

What if this happened to your sister or wife? Would you be comfortable with her rapist being in a job where he represents an entire community, and is a role model to many including young boys, despite having never shown any remorse?

Or would you use this same line? "I'm sorry you THINK you were raped, but unless a jury agrees I'm afraid we just don't know".

It's actually frightening that you're still defending him at this point. I'm embarrassed for you.

What's funny is I suggested an official vote on the owners forum and twitter, interestingly it was only those who didn't want Goodie back that said it shouldn't be fans decision. Well they aren't saying that now.
So your post about the Glasgow Branch backed by 250 members is basically bollocks?

What's likely happened in reality is a dozen or so fans and the sponsor have pressurised the board into signing him.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

You disagree with a person not wanting to fund a rapist's wages? Interesting.

He was found guilty you complete weapon.

I'm coming round to the idea of posting the Civil Judgement in reply to every post along the lines of, "ach, he wasn't found guilty in a criminal court". 

There really is now hope for anyone who reads that judgement and doesn't agree with its', and subsequent appeal, judgement. 

3 hours ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Massive well done to the board for listening to the majority of fans and sponsors who backed this move to bring Goodie home. 

The easiest decision would have been to turn our backs on him but that's not the Clyde way. 

This man has saved our club and those who celebrated his goals but now cower in fear over headlines should hang their heads in shame. 

We got our legend back 🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪

You and your like are the idiots who should hang your head in shame. You are a fkn disgrace.

1 hour ago, BullyWee Craig said:

To be called a rapist you have to be found guilty by a jury of your peers in a criminal court, he wasn't. 

You can't be found guilty in a civil court you weapon. Maybe before having an opinion on something, try and understand the law. 

In civil court it basically comes down to 1 judge saying "meh probably happened", that's it. Not beyond believable doubt, not guilty, not a jury. 

So on nothing more than "meh probably" people are willing to ruin someone's life, he's also not the only person this has happened to. 

Another man who found "not proven" in a criminal court, only to have a civil court say he was liable. Well that's a great justice system, liable for something which is not proven. 

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

2 hours ago, CM. said:

Genuinely interested and not looking for a debate/argument but what made you talk yourself into going back this year timing wise? I have a couple of mates (not Clyde fans) who had been regular attenders at their teams games for years but fell out of love with it (still supported their teams obviously, just didn't go to games anymore) however when games went behind closed doors due to covid it made them realise that when things went back to normal they couldn't wait to get back to games as you never know when the last time you are able to watch your team could be.

Basically similar reasons for me. Had missed going to the games. Especially after lockdown & not getting out to various other things I'd also been missing. Figured Goodwillie was there whether I turn up or not. Just persuaded myself that I was the one that was being punished. Kind of crazy thinking looking back on it.

41 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

So your post about the Glasgow Branch backed by 250 members is basically bollocks?

What's likely happened in reality is a dozen or so fans and the sponsor have pressurised the board into signing him.

Couldn't be more wrong. 

Over 50 people alone on the owners forum voted for his return. Zero people in the Glasgow branch group on FB have said they are against it. Everyone I've spoke to are in favour. 

The minority is Pie & Bovril, not the fans at games still singing his name, not the owners forums and not GB. 

3 hours ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Massive well done to the board for listening to the majority of fans and sponsors who backed this move to bring Goodie home. 

The easiest decision would have been to turn our backs on him but that's not the Clyde way. 

This man has saved our club and those who celebrated his goals but now cower in fear over headlines should hang their heads in shame. 

We got our legend back 🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪

Great signing for Clyde. Wish ICT had signed him instead, would have got us promoted!!

Don't believe anyone should be permanently cancelled, especially when not guilty in a criminal court. Hats off to Clyde, am sure they will reap the benefits.

Couldn't be more wrong. 
Over 50 people alone on the owners forum voted for his return. Zero people in the Glasgow branch group on FB have said they are against it. Everyone I've spoke to are in favour. 
The minority is Pie & Bovril, not the fans at games still singing his name, not the owners forums and not GB. 
50 out of 400 owners is nowhere near a majority.

I'm on the Glasgow Branch Facebook page and there will be plenty others on it against it too.

Everyone I've spoken to is against it.

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

50 out of 400 owners is nowhere near a majority.

I'm on the Glasgow Branch Facebook page and there will be plenty others on it against it too.

Everyone I've spoken to is against it.

Then you should have called for an owners vote, but you didn't and now we're suppose to assume how many were or against it? 

Various news outlets label him as a rapist, including the BBC. Why? Because he cannot sue these organisations for defamation. They are perfectly within their right to label him as such because of this judgement. If he didn't like it, he could have appealed the judgement. 

Much as the zoomers infesting this place might dislike it, he can be called a rapist.