Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The Sunday Post article contradicts you directly, read it.

Gosh- must be gospel if it’s in the SP

Really? 
A proportion of men have been in the company of a female so drunk that her immediate health was impaired and was incapable of providing consent and decided to have sex 'with' them anyway? 
Really? 
Aye, Clyde fans mostly.

Your once again choosing to read my post(s) in the manner that suits you
I ll say it again and remind my own supporters
I dont know the facts & neirher do you
Im not defending him but neither accusing him like 00s of posters like you who once again are not aware of the "alleged" facts
Thanks for otherwise popping om here & got to wonder where everyone has been for the last 5 years pre Jan..!.
Have you actually read the report from the civil court case? There is plenty of facts there.

Have you not seen the utter shitstorm of bad publicity and press directed at Raith Rovers? Which will now becoming our way and has already started with our landlords reviewing their position.

On the football side, Goodwillie is undoubtedly a very good player for this level but he's nearly 33 and started missing a lot more games this season.

Assuming we do resign him in the summer then he'll be back to commanded a significant portion of the playing budget and Lennon will be back to have to sign the next round of Munros, Balatonis etc to fill out the rest of the squad.

Like a number of other Clyde fans I'm also fed up of the club only being well known for employing a rapist and a racist.

This was a chance for a clean brake and to build a more balanced team that isn't just Goodwillie and 10 other c***s.

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Like a number of other Clyde fans I'm also fed up of the club only being well known for employing a rapist and a racist.

You forgot to mention drug dealer Matt Flynn who was guilty of assault in the same incident as Goodwillie.

4 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

You forgot to mention drug dealer Matt Flynn who was guilty of assault in the same incident as Goodwillie.

Lots of footballers are absolute scumbags. I'm sure the vast majority of clubs in Scotland have at least one or two players either in their squad currently or at least in the recent past who have criminal convictions and/or a sketchy past.

Where this "footballers are role models" nonsense came from I do not know. Footballers are the last people I'd encourage children to look up to/try to emulate in terms of moral standing or strength of character. Yes, admire their ability on the park by all means but beyond that? No thanks. 

Knocked back as offer not good enough- normal stuff.

I think this is a one off- although I agree it does create a precedent and the idea that the Board is weak.
Then why would the sponsor threaten to withdraw their funding if the club was already negotiating with Raith Rovers?

It was pretty common knowledge on here that the board had rejected Raith's offer.

21 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You’re kidding yourself on if you think you’re not defending him

Goodwillis was caught and let down by the system, when he should have been convicted,    Scottish football is full of players who were  done for assault or swinging their dicks in front of innocent females,   Lithgow,  Quitongo,  T homson, Tiffney and a current Celtic Scottish international who got arrested in a seaside Ayrshire town about 5 years ba ck.........

have all these players been given a sec o nd chance...

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Then why would the sponsor threaten to withdraw their funding if the club was already negotiating with Raith Rovers?

It was pretty common knowledge on here that the board had rejected Raith's offer.

Are we talking about two different things? The negotiation was the sale to RR 

the sponsor involvement I believe was after the furore and whether or not the Club would have the player back on loan 

Edited by JBJ

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Goodwillis was caught and let down by the system, when he should have been convicted,    Scottish football is full of players who were  done for assault or swinging their dicks in front of innocent females,   Lithgow,  Quitongo,  T homson, Tiffney and a current Celtic Scottish international who got arrested in a seaside Ayrshire town about 5 years ba ck.........

have all these players been given a sec o nd chance...

Any rapist among that lot?

Its wild the amount of whataboutery that goes on to justify DG involvement at the club.

It says a lot when the only arguments you hear are 

What about <insert someone else name that has no relevance> and he wasn’t convicted in a criminal case while either downplaying the civil trial or just outright ignoring it 

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

@GoTeamGaz sad little man going down red dotting my posts. Scotland is a scumbag country with stupid arseholes like you

Haha! Get it round ye! Happily catching up on this story red dotting any cretinous scumbags that are posting absolute drivel - sorry to disappoint you, it’s not just you. Away crawl back in your hole.

Goodwillie and Robertson were not found guilty of anything in a criminal court. As far as I understand, they ended up pissed back at some slag's flat in Armadale after a good night out in Bathgate and had sex with her. Where's the crime in that? 

It's unbelievable how much men have become hated in society and even more unbelievable that other men join in the attack. His five years at Clyde passed without notice or comment, apart from the Clyde supporting MSP hypocrite who should stick to fiddling his parliamentary expenses like the rest of his kind, and leave the moral high ground to those with more scruples. The vast majority of Clyde fans loved him and the players and staff appreciated working with him. 

Goodwillie just wanted one last crack at full time football, and but for man hater McDairmid he would have been OK at Raith Rovers. And as far as Sturgeon's comment today, wasn't she a recent advocate for women only carriages on trains in Scotland. 

I welcome him back to Clyde.

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Any rapist among that lot?

Its wild the amount of whataboutery that goes on to justify DG involvement at the club.

It says a lot when the only arguments you hear are 

What about <insert someone else name that has no relevance> and he wasn’t convicted in a criminal case while either downplaying the civil trial or just outright ignoring it 

Of all the footballers names on that post,  not one were convicted in a court of law for rape,  would you agree