Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

He’s not entitled to a career in football, in fact many people in his position (a rapist) wouldn’t be entitled to a career in many industries 

The fact he hasn’t seen a day behind bars nor paid the compensation to the women he raped suggests he’s had a better life than most in his position 

But you go ahead. You defend him. 

If you read my post i said i dont know the facts & neirher do you but you think you have the divinded right to berate him

Why were you never on our thread when he played for 5 years and that applies to all non clyde supporters posts

Take your witch hunt elsewhere

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I think you'll find the majority of Clyde fans who are against his re-signing base it on the current climate and publicity storm about Goodwillie and the negative focus that it brings in the club.

Goodwillie should have every right to continue playing football. I've never disputed that. However, given the current situation, it's doing our club enormous damage re-signing him. It's simply not the same as before.

I really don't see why others cannot see it. The cost is so much greater than the benefit.

No there judging him not knowing the facts. HUGE difference

Fed up reading this will affect sponsorship. Lets wait and see firsr eh

10 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Majority of Clyde Posters went every week during his previous spell and cheered his goals & not a whimper from you all - Two faced b*****ds

For many of those so-called "two faced b*****ds", myself included, the reality is that there isn't much ideological opposition to David Goodwillie playing football. However, the opposition that this has been met with is the result of a variety of very new factors, including:

• Goodwillie's ultimately successful attempt to force a move away from the club he stated he was in love with and wanted to be at forever
  • The manner in which Raith Rovers quickly became a near-unanimous figure of (inter)national attention and condemnation over his signing
  • The intense financial, reputational and structural damage which the signing did to Raith Rovers - something Clyde were lucky to avoid for so long

The fact is that a reasonable proportion of fans who maintained their support of the club throughout his first spell at the club did so in spite of Goodwillie's presence. Not every fan regarded him as a club legend and a personal hero like many do. What good would "whimpering" have done throughout those five years when absolutely nothing would've come of it, given his on-field importance and messianic status among parts of the support?

4 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Disgusting post.

If you have a good look you’ll notice much more disgusting posts

Edited by JBJ

Majority of Clyde Posters went every week during his previous spell and cheered his goals & not a whimper from you all - Two faced b*****ds
Posters from other clubs were never on our thread bar the odd troll & Only jumping on bandwagon because Val and FM comments after he signed for Raith -Media Darlings and overall sad b*****ds
What i do know is DGW deserves a chance to have a career, job & life, Not hanging from a tree because of a witch hunt mob..
Seems its ok for someone to come out after a 20 year strech for someone who has commited murder and taken a life but not a footballer who was "allegeded" of a conviction because he is a sportsman..!!
Plenty of you should be thinking of what your posting on a public forum and remeber like me you dont know the facts of the "alleged" offence
Roll on Sat and back to talking about the fitba

The facts are laid out in grim detail within the court documents and are easily available online.

I’m fairly certain a murderer out after a 20 year stretch wouldn’t be getting a job at (most) football clubs. Particularly if they had shown no remorse.

Most of the people you describe as two faced b*****ds are just struggling to see the sense in destroying the clubs reputation even further for a player we will be lucky to get another 2 years out of. The club is more important than a player.

I think it’s you who should be thinking before posting but it’s about what I expected to be honest. We’ll soon be living your dream in a junior park in shettleston if NLC turf us out. Worth it I suppose?

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

If you read my post i said i dont know the facts & neirher do you but you think you have the divinded right to berate him

Why were you never on our thread when he played for 5 years and that applies to all non clyde supporters posts

Take your witch hunt elsewhere

It’s scary how many people like you would defend a rapist 

Cause that’s what he is, a rapist. No matter how you try to dress it up or how you try and justify it

He raped a women

What has me never posting on here before for absolutely anything to do with the current situation?

f**k all, that’s what. Total whataboutery 

That’s a daft comment. He worked with him for 4 seasons and described him as the best natural finisher he’s had. If the board authorised his return its highly unlikely the manager would say no.
How's a daft comment? The board initially knocked back Raith Rovers offer.

Goodwillie re-signing is being forced through by the sponsor. It does make you question what other decisions are being made by the sponsor rather than the board.

Would anything in the following see DG in a criminal court? 

Whilst I maintain my position that my actions that night were not criminal I have to accept that a civil court found against me.

I therefore have to accept and, express regret, that my actions have caused serious harm to Ms Clair, and by my public silence on the matter for over 10 years coupled recent high profile events, all victims of sexual violence and coercion.

I'm going to work with rape crisis to use my privileged position as professional footballer to educate other young men about rape,coercion and consent.

Because that would be a start.

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

It’s scary how many people like you would defend a rapist 

Cause that’s what he is, a rapist. No matter how you try to dress it up or how you try and justify it

He raped a women

What has me never posting on here before for absolutely anything to do with the current situation?

f**k all, that’s what. Total whataboutery 

Your once again choosing to read my post(s) in the manner that suits you

I ll say it again and remind my own supporters

I dont know the facts & neirher do you

Im not defending him but neither accusing him like 00s of posters like you who once again are not aware of the "alleged" facts

Thanks for otherwise popping om here & got to wonder where everyone has been for the last 5 years pre Jan..!.

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

What are you, his fluffer?

Sake, listen to the state of yourself. Trying to defend a rapist 

Just correcting your statement 

10 minutes ago, JBJ said:

He has paid the money he was directed to. He’s not been in jail as not convicted criminal.

He hasn't which was established earlier in this thread in the Sunday Post article.

I have seen weird people giving weird explanations such as 'well he's paid the lawyers fees' or the equivalent.

I you only pay your lawyer for conveyancing you still haven't bought a house.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He hasn't which was established earlier in this thread in the Sunday Post article.

I have seen weird people giving weird explanations such as 'well he's paid the lawyers fees' or the equivalent.

I you only pay your lawyer for conveyancing you still haven't bought a house.

He was ordered to pay a sum of money which he did. The legal costs were not part of the order. He complied with the instruction. 

3 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Your once again choosing to read my post(s) in the manner that suits you

I ll say it again and remind my own supporters

I dont know the facts & neirher do you

Im not defending him but neither accusing him like 00s of posters like you who once again are not aware of the "alleged" facts

Thanks for otherwise popping om here & got to wonder where everyone has been for the last 5 years pre Jan..!.

You’re kidding yourself on if you think you’re not defending him

7 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

How's a daft comment? The board initially knocked back Raith Rovers offer.

Goodwillie re-signing is being forced through by the sponsor. It does make you question what other decisions are being made by the sponsor rather than the board.

Knocked back as offer not good enough- normal stuff.

I think this is a one off- although I agree it does create a precedent and the idea that the Board is weak.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The Sunday Post article contradicts you directly, read it.

Gosh- must be gospel if it’s in the SP