Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

The true reaction of the signing will be when he plays his first game rather than comments on an online forum
Though to be fair the number of comment on here today will probably be the same as the number of fans at the first game

The true reaction of the fans will be shown by those sitting quietly or not turning up.
Not the idiots who chanted "we want our Captain back" when he was a Raith Rovers player.

As a Clyde fan this is humiliating both for my club and personally. I'm certainly not looking forward to the snide remarks at work tomorrow.

I'm totally demoralised by this decision and my hopelessness as to the future of the club. We've went from a club aimlessly drifting to actively self harming.

All because someone had a stauner for a (almost) 33 old who wanted to play for another team.

Finally, if Danny Lennon supported this loan signing he should resign along with all the other c***s.

49 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Very noticeably the supporters of this signing have gone quiet very quickly. 

What do you want us to say? Those that wanted him back have commented to say they are delighted to have Goodie back. What's the point in then getting into arguments with other posters that are always going to view it differently? 

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Finally, if Danny Lennon supported this loan signing he should resign along with all the other c***s.

Why would Lennon not support this loan? 

After all he has final say on all players coming to the club.

There is no way he would have turned him down on a footballing viewpoint together with the comments he gave when he initially moved to RR

There is no way he would have turned him down on a footballing viewpoint together with the comments he gave when he initially moved to RR

Then he should go

1 minute ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Considering he’s at Rangers tonight on the bench, I’d say the manager supported this.

Majority of Clyde Posters went every week during his previous spell and cheered his goals & not a whimper from you all - Two faced b*****ds

Posters from other clubs were never on our thread bar the odd troll & Only jumping on bandwagon because Val and FM comments after he signed for Raith -Media Darlings and overall sad b*****ds

What i do know is DGW deserves a chance to have a career, job & life, Not hanging from a tree because of a witch hunt mob..

Seems its ok for someone to come out after a 20 year strech for someone who has commited murder and taken a life but not a footballer who was "allegeded" of a conviction because he is a sportsman..!!

Plenty of you should be thinking of what your posting on a public forum and remeber like me you dont know the facts of the "alleged" offence

Roll on Sat and back to talking about the fitba

4 minutes ago, bullywee2010 said:

What do you want us to say? Those that wanted him back have commented to say they are delighted to have Goodie back. What's the point in then getting into arguments with other posters that are always going to view it differently? 

Agree most people who are happy to have them back will either have said so or chose not say.

Basically you can’t have an argument with someone who doesn’t say anything

Though I am happy to raise my head above the parapet now and again to get shot at

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:
4 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Then he should go

Finally a post from you without the C word. 

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Majority of Clyde Posters went every week during his previous spell and cheered his goals & not a whimper from you all - Two faced b*****ds

Posters from other clubs were never on our thread bar the odd troll & Only jumping on bandwagon because Val and FM comments after he signed for Raith -Media Darlings and overall sad b*****ds

What i do know is DGW deserves a chance to have a career, job & life, Not hanging from a tree because of a witch hunt mob..

Seems its ok for someone to come out after a 20 year strech for someone who has commited murder and taken a life but not a footballer who was "allegeded" of a conviction because he is a sportsman..!!

Plenty of you should be thinking of what your posting on a public forum and remeber like me you dont know the facts of the "alleged" offence

Well said. 

Agree most people who are happy to have them back will either have said so or chose not say.
Basically you can’t have an argument with someone who doesn’t say anything
Though I am happy to raise my head above the parapet now and again to get shot at

How do you think this will play out over the next few days, weeks and months?

Will it have an effect on our ability to bring in sponsorship?

Does it do our reputation long term damage?

It's it worth it for a 33 year old striker coming towards the end of his career?

He clearly doesn't have the final say if the club sponsors can dictate who and who we can't sign.

I think you'll find the majority of Clyde fans who are against his re-signing base it on the current climate and publicity storm about Goodwillie and the negative focus that it brings in the club.

Goodwillie should have every right to continue playing football. I've never disputed that. However, given the current situation, it's doing our club enormous damage re-signing him. It's simply not the same as before.

I really don't see why others cannot see it. The cost is so much greater than the benefit.

Disproportionate amount of complete oddballs in the Clyde support willing to actively support a rapist, atleast when he went to Raith the vast majority condemned it. As for the "he should be allowed a life" argument, entirely correct but away from any profession were he could be seen as a role model, what he done is abhorrent and the beast hasn't shown a shred of remorse.

3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
14 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

He clearly doesn't have the final say if the club sponsors can dictate who and who we can't sign.

That’s a daft comment. He worked with him for 4 seasons and described him as the best natural finisher he’s had. If the board authorised his return its highly unlikely the manager would say no.

10 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

He’s not entitled to a career in football, in fact many people in his position (a rapist) wouldn’t be entitled to a career in many industries 

The fact he hasn’t seen a day behind bars nor paid the compensation to the women he raped suggests he’s had a better life than most in his position 

But you go ahead. You defend him. 

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

How do you think this will play out over the next few days, weeks and months?

Will it have an effect on our ability to bring in sponsorship?

Does it do our reputation long term damage?

It's it worth it for a 33 year old striker coming towards the end of his career?

RR thought he had 2.5 years as an effective scorer in him. Surround him with more quality and promotion to Championship is highly possible. Who knows how this play out, but having already u-turned, it’s unlikely the Board will do so again.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

He’s not entitled to a career in football, in fact many people in his position (a rapist) wouldn’t be entitled to a career in many industries 

The fact he hasn’t seen a day behind bars nor paid the compensation to the women he raped suggests he’s had a better life than most in his position 

But you go ahead. You defend him. 

He has paid the money he was directed to. He’s not been in jail as not convicted criminal.

What exactly would you like to see happen to Goodwillie? As we all know, he was found guilty in a civil court and has paid compensation to his victim as per the ruling. He also lost his right to play at the top level (despite clearly being more than capable of playing there, even now.) Since then he has worked hard and kept his head down.
This isn't enough for many but I wonder what would be enough? What exactly do you wish to see happen for justice in your eyes to be done? Should he be banned from playing football ever again? From working in any capacity, whether that be as a tradesman or otherwise?
At what point do people say, "ok that'll do."? I'm genuinely interested to know...
He is not lauded by young fans, given the captains armband as club representative if he was working on a building site. There is nothing to stop him working (disclosure excepting) in any other workplace.