Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Right. So he didn’t pay the compensation then. Glad you understand now.  

He paid it to the lady- her legal fees are not his responsibility 

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

“All”.... your missing word.

Look you obviously feel strongly on the subject and that’s fine. But, you’re overreacting and the abuse is not necessary. Have you stayed away from Clyde since the player joined us? Or do you feel more strongly now after the past month having watched him play for Clyde for  4 seasons?

He was offered a final chance of full time football- is it so bad he felt like taking that offer up? Most people were happy to let him go with their blessing.  You seem very betrayed that he wanted to leave.

I dont hold anything against him wanting to move and have one last crack at full time football.

He certainly more that deserved the chance.

That plus the opportunity to increase his weekly wage by 50-75% isnt something anyone would turn down.

I have employees who have left seeking pastures new only to find out that things wherent as rosy on the other side and then come back and become an even better employee.

50 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Ok, well in that case I’ll continue in my view that he should not be allowed to play any form of professional football in Scotland, and that any club who employ him are utter scum.

He shouldn't be allowed to play any form of professional football but any other form of work/income you're ok with?

I presume you'd find it acceptable if he went full time with the plumbing/electrician (I forget which) work he is now trained to do? 

What if he fancied a bit of punditry/football commentary work on the side in a few years once memories have faded somewhat? Is that something which you would be ok with or would that be crossing a line? I realise this post is going to come across as fairly facetious but I don't really understand this "no more football" moral ruling that many fans have come to.

Goodwillie's job happens to be playing football. He was found guilty of a heinous crime and was dealt with accordingly as per the law of the land. The ruling did not stipulate he could no longer play football so why is it that many feel he should be banned from doing his job for the rest of his working life?

Edited by RutherGlen

3 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

He shouldn't be allowed to play any form of professional football but any other form of work/income you're ok with?

I presume you'd find it acceptable if he went fulltime with the plumbing/electrician (I forget which) work he is now trained to do? 

What if he fancied a bit of punditry/football commentary work on the side in a few years once memories have faded somewhat? Is that something which you would be ok with or would that be crossing a line? I realise this post is going to come across as fairly facetious but I don't really understand this "no more football" moral ruling that many fans have come to. Goodwillie's job happens to be playing football. He was found guilty of a heinous crime and was dealt with accordingly as per the law of the land. The ruling did not stipulate he could no longer play football so why is it that many feel he should be banned from doing his job for the rest of his working life?

Because the world has become so soft and offended by everything. Its as simple as that. Also people have to have someone too blame whether there is someone too blame or not.

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

What exactly would you like to see happen to Goodwillie? As we all know, he was found guilty in a civil court and has paid compensation to his victim as per the ruling. He also lost his right to play at the top level (despite clearly being more than capable of playing there, even now.) Since then he has worked hard and kept his head down.

This isn't enough for many but I wonder what would be enough? What exactly do you wish to see happen for justice in your eyes to be done? Should he be banned from playing football ever again? From working in any capacity, whether that be as a tradesman or otherwise?

At what point do people say, "ok that'll do."? I'm genuinely interested to know...

Fucking hell. 

He paid compensation? Well I suppose that’s justice served then. He should’ve been rotting in a jail cell, not captaining a scummy wee club like Clyde FC. 

Working as a tradesman after serving his time in jail would be fine, it wouldn’t be a tradesman that I’d let anywhere near my home but if he wanted to do that after serving a proper punishment that would be up to him and his employer. At no point should a rapist ever be playing for, nevermind captaining, a professional football club.

Well this seems like a self inflicted blow, where the board has caved in to pressure from vocal but tone deaf fans.  Honestly some of the shite from guys, who I never thought were so dumb, talking about how 'David is a model husband and doting father' and 'a model professional'. 

No one is questioning his domestic behaviour nor his on field prowess.  Grown men, many of them parents, developing this blindspot is just cringeworthy. Kaye Adams and the Daily Record will not be door stepping our former directors and business owners who have spouted this nonsense and bullied our inept board into this.

Just wondering if we have chosen today of all days and Celtic's news as a way to let the news story drift under the radar?

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Typo

2 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I presume you'd find it acceptable if he went fulltime with the plumbing/electrician (I forget which) work he is now trained to do? 

What if he fancied a bit of punditry/football commentary work on the side in a few years once memories have faded somewhat? Is that something which you would be ok with or would that be crossing a line? I realise this post is going to come across as fairly facetious but I don't really understand this "no more football" moral ruling that many fans have come to. Goodwillie's job happens to be playing football. He was found guilty of a heinous crime and was dealt with accordingly as per the law of the land. The ruling did not stipulate he could no longer play football so why is it that many feel he should be banned from doing his job for the rest of his working life?

I agree with almost all of your post. However, if he was found guilty of any crime, heinous or otherwise, he would have a criminal record. I believe he doesn’t for the act we are discussing.

2 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I presume you'd find it acceptable if he went full time with the plumbing/electrician (I forget which) work he is now trained to do? 

What if he fancied a bit of punditry/football commentary work on the side in a few years once memories have faded somewhat? Is that something which you would be ok with or would that be crossing a line? I realise this post is going to come across as fairly facetious but I don't really understand this "no more football" moral ruling that many fans have come to.

Goodwillie's job happens to be playing football. He was found guilty of a heinous crime and was dealt with accordingly as per the law of the land. The ruling did not stipulate he could no longer play football so why is it that many feel he should be banned from doing his job for the rest of his working life?

Genuine question, and one I don't know the answer to.

If someone was convicted of rape on a civil court, would they be able to return to work as a teacher? Or working with vulnerable people. Or as a doctor? 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

2F435C60-EA46-4DA5-B5FA-03B72F1FD881.jpeg.3986cc55196c80d6f13216da0fd0b92a.jpeg

what are you trying to say im a right wing boomer? I have no poltiical allegience they are all shite. Im also 35. I just call things how I see them and not fall into what the media want me to believe.

The treatment of David Goodwillie by scottish people has been an absolute disgrace

Just now, accies1874 said:

Being a footballer is obviously different from the vast majority of jobs in Scotland. For example, plumbers/electricians don't acquire a legion of fawning imbeciles purely because they unclogged your toilet a few times.

but surely he would be more likely in that role to be in contact with woman than he is as a footballer.

Being a footballer is obviously different from the vast majority of jobs in Scotland. For example, plumbers/electricians don't acquire a legion of fawning imbeciles purely because they unclogged your toilet a few times.

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

what are you trying to say im a right wing boomer? I have no poltiical allegience they are all shite. Im also 35. I just call things how I see them and not fall into what the media want me to believe.

The treatment of David Goodwillie by scottish people has been an absolute disgrace

I’m trying to say you are an absolute fucking zoomer.

30 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

I would hope so.

However I think you will find there is a proportion of men been in situations similar in their younger days.

Really? 

A proportion of men have been in the company of a female so drunk that her immediate health was impaired and was incapable of providing consent and decided to have sex 'with' them anyway? 

Really? 

This is a fantastic parody - fair play!

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Genuine question, and one I don't know the answer to.

If someone was convicted of rape on a civil court, would they be able to return to work as a teacher? Or working with vulnerable people. Or as a doctor? 

Dont know the answer either but not relevant as he isnt a teacher,  or doctor or working vulnerable people (well you could maybe say big Jonesy is a vulnerable footballer in that he isnt one).

I guess would depend if Disclosure Scotland deemed them unsuitable and removed them from the PVG scheme.