Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

12 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

You really do have to say "fair play" to the same fans he gave the middle finger to just a month ago for pressurising the piss-weak individuals on the board into this.

You don’t say fair play at all. These fans have advocated this move which will *hopefully* ensure harm to your club.

Horrible move from a horrible club. 

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is somehow quite literally the most “place me on a watch list” thing anyone has ever said on the internet.

I had accepted that wouldnt see him back after the board made their decision last week and was ready to move on.

However, there was a big backlash from others that forced the board to change their mind.

Absolute fucking morons. I Lifted this from r/scottishfootball as it said exactly what I was thinking.

"Saw this morning that we were doing a collection for Ukraine and thought, "that's such a good cause, its decent to actually be doing something decent for a change".

And our powerchair team also featured on the terrace etc.

Out first half on Saturday is also arguable one of our best 45 of the season too. 

See even if you take everything fucking horrendous out of it. You've got a guy who the club (wrongly) done a turn for. He tried to leave at the first opportunity when Falkirk were sniffing and had agreed to sign. Does so again after that falls through.

Even taking everything out of it, how small club shitebag behaviour is that to go crawling back after that.

I hope that doesn't come across as me belittling the obvious reasons it's wrong to resign him." 

Was inevitable, surely. Goodwillie is a much richer man and Clyde got a transfer fee for a player to leave for a few weeks.
He getting the armband straight back?

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Was inevitable, surely. Goodwillie is a much richer man and Clyde got a transfer fee for a player to leave for a few weeks.
He getting the armband straight back?

I actually don't think it was, even though I'm not surprised.

The situation is so, so different from what it was a couple of months ago. I always disagreed that he was being allowed to lay low and fly under the radar at Clyde. I very much doubt that will be allowed to happen now, and rightfully so! Should have been the case all along.

That doesn't even take into consideration the way he acted in manipulating his move in January. Proper shitebag and horrible actions from Clyde. 

6 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Hope the so called majority of fans that wanted him back are happy, the club have just created another disaster for themselves. 

There is a lot more important things going on in the world than if david Goodwillie goes back to Bloody Clyde

5 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I actually don't think it was, even though I'm not surprised.

The situation is so, so different from what it was a couple of months ago. I always disagreed that he was being allowed to lay low and fly under the radar at Clyde. I very much doubt that will be allowed to happen now, and rightfully so! Should have been the case all along.

That doesn't even take into consideration the way he acted in manipulating his move in January. Proper shitebag and horrible actions from Clyde. 

What exactly would you like to see happen to Goodwillie? As we all know, he was found guilty in a civil court and has paid compensation to his victim as per the ruling. He also lost his right to play at the top level (despite clearly being more than capable of playing there, even now.) Since then he has worked hard and kept his head down.

This isn't enough for many but I wonder what would be enough? What exactly do you wish to see happen for justice in your eyes to be done? Should he be banned from playing football ever again? From working in any capacity, whether that be as a tradesman or otherwise?

At what point do people say, "ok that'll do."? I'm genuinely interested to know...

9 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

What exactly would you like to see happen to Goodwillie? As we all know, he was found guilty in a civil court and has paid compensation to his victim as per the ruling. He also lost his right to play at the top level (despite clearly being more than capable of playing there, even now.) Since then he has worked hard and kept his head down.

This isn't enough for many but I wonder what would be enough? What exactly do you wish to see happen for justice in your eyes to be done? Should he be banned from playing football ever again? From working in any capacity, whether that be as a tradesman or otherwise?

At what point do people say, "ok that'll do."? I'm genuinely interested to know...

I have to say this is the most reasonable post I’ve seen today.

11 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

A start would be him showing literally any remorse whatsoever. 

YEESSSSSSSS! Good to see the majority of fans have been listened to over a few posters on here. How it should be in a fan owned club.

By the majority of fans you mean the cretins on the official forum who are a small representation of the wider fan base. Imagine celebrating the signing of a rapist that’s been absolutely lambasted in the press in recent weeks. Even if you’ve had your head in the sand for the last 5 years surely the reaction when he signed for raith was a wake up call.

14 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

That would be nice. You only have to look at what happened with David Robertson and Goodwillie should have done the same.

He isn't a decent person whatsoever and has spent his whole life getting into situations and doing horrible things. He doesn't deserve the right to be looked up to by young fans who don't know what he is actually like or what he has done.

Edited by squeezebox-son

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Well, that's obviously not going to happen as he has always maintained his innocence. To apologise in any way would be an admission of guilt, at least in part. 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s widely discussed and accepted that to show remorse would be an admission of the act, something which has always been denied.

Just now, RutherGlen said:

Well, that's obviously not going to happen as he has always maintained his innocence. To apologise in any way would be an admission of guilt, at least in part. 

Ok, well in that case I’ll continue in my view that he should not be allowed to play any form of professional football in Scotland, and that any club who employ him are utter scum.

15 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Wholeheartedly agree.

What are people wanting.  Are they wanting him to be ostracized from society for ther rest of his life.

If that is the case do they want that to apply to everyone who has a criminal conviction.

From his time at Clyde he has been a model pro both on and off the park as I understand.  What more can he do???? 

Or it is just nothing.