Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

26 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Why would owners be cited on a potential signing? Some people think they should be asked on every going on at the club which is just daft. 

This is a bit different, our best player and captain being offered back on loan at least until the end of the season, probably for free. This is obviously not just a football decision and deserved input from not just owners, but ST holders and supporters club members and well, all Clyde people really.

3 hours ago, David W said:

The arguments have been done to death so I'm not really wanting to venture there again.

However, this is one of the exact reasons that I am not an owner. How can such a devisive decision be (apparently) made and then this not be immediately conveyed to the ownership? Yet again it is something being spilled second hand.

My concern too, is David's final point. 

We have 7 directors. They should be appointed to make decisions and stick to them.  This sounds like 1 or more of the 7 didn't get their way and blabbed. He or they should resign or deselected. 

Fu(kin amateur hour again from a "Director" without the critical faculties or leadership qualities to be in such a role

46 minutes ago, JBJ said:

This is a bit different, our best player and captain being offered back on loan at least until the end of the season, probably for free. This is obviously not just a football decision and deserved input from not just owners, but ST holders and supporters club members and well, all Clyde people really.

It’s not any different just because he’s a better player than the rest. Are we going to go through a process of asking a few hundred people their opinion before making a decision? 

Like the decision or not, it’s been made and in the way it should be made. 

Goodwillie is gone and isn’t and shouldn’t be brought back. It’s nearly 4 weeks later and people still can’t seem to get their head around this. 

The guy was very lucky to be in the situation he was in at Clyde and had the fans wrapped around his finger. He then choose to engineer a move away and put his victim and her friends, family and his own family through all this again as soon as he was released from bankruptcy. Him coming back is a non starter, the situation has changed dramatically in 4 weeks, he now is the pariah in the football world he probably should have been first time round. With the case also back in the headlines as it appears that a motion to private prosecution is on its way furthers the case of this being a non starter. 

Grown men chanting his name after he left is an absolute riddy. Saying “ we want our captain back” is embarassing. All this discourse about bringing him back is absolute cringe, owners and fans shouldn’t be consulted on such issues first and foremost because:

a) Why would they be consulted on every possible signing?

b) In this case the board  would take all the press, the flak and the abuse. Fans and owners would bare non of the responsibility.

Its time for everyone involved at Clyde from the fans to the board to move on from David Goodwillie. The club was around long before him and will be long after. The base is there to build on for next season.

Edited by Ocelot1877

Glad the board have had the backbone to turn this down, DG is untouchable now.

Balatoni is no sad loss either and if he was one of our top earners that’s even better business getting shot of him. If we don’t manage to sign a replacement we could always pick someone out of the stand to perform to a similar level.

Lack of activity throughout January and during the loan window is very worrying. We keep hearing there is nobody available as other clubs snap up players. If only we had a recruitment team to identify targets…

1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

Glad the board have had the backbone to turn this down, DG is untouchable now.

Balatoni is no sad loss either and if he was one of our top earners that’s even better business getting shot of him. If we don’t manage to sign a replacement we could always pick someone out of the stand to perform to a similar level.

Lack of activity throughout January and during the loan window is very worrying. We keep hearing there is nobody available as other clubs snap up players. If only we had a recruitment team to identify targets…

The opposing view is being shouted angrily by many Neanderthals on the owners' forum. 

Goodwillie was desperate to get away from the club throughout January so I'm not sure why he even wanted to return anyway 🤔

I fully expected that the board would sanction re-recruiting him, so fair play to them for making the sensible decision. Glad it's finally put to bed and hopefully we can now assemble a proper, balanced squad for next season rather than a dozen empty jerseys with Goodwillie up top.

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

Who approached who?

6 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'm not a club owner but looking at some of the comments on here and on twitter there's some nutters amongst them.

*Admittedly, I'm a bit of a nutter myself but at least I'm not an owner.

You’re half a nutter.

Were you ever an owner?

You’re half a nutter.
Were you ever an owner?

Yes.

I haven't been for an owner for a couple of years.

Realised I had nothing to offer. Saw it as donation at the time.

Although I could see at AGMs that there were a few contrarians who seemed only to raise points for devilment.

I'll also say that the vast majority of owners are not "nutters". Unfortunately they don't shout as loud.

52 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Great finish by Jamieson for his goal yesterday. Think we can all agree that everything must be done to get Mcallister signed up permanently. 

To be fair Clyde produced one of the best  visiting displays to hr Penny Cars this season,  very organised , scored a good goal to take the lead and we panicked, you defended  deep and is got a point,   a lot of knicker wetting on the game thread,   I thought McAllister splaine and Jamieson looked decent on the surface..

on a side note you guys are not seriously taking a vote on a new away strip,  first tme i have seen the red and black hoops,  Rob Roy esque...   Looked great wouldn't mind ourselves ping down hat route..  👍👍

So, just to clarify things that have been said on here recently because I'm finding it very interesting.

Raith Rovers approached Clyde about resigning David Goodwillie on loan for the rest of the season?

This seems odd on many levels - I'm not saying it's not true, just seems odd. Raith would essentially be doing him a favour by approaching us to take him so he can keep kicking a ball. Saying that, he has Raith in the palm of his hand so maybe he's said something like "work on finding me a club and I might consider some kind of deal to pay me off" as opposed to him saying that he wants all the money he's contractually owed.

Either way, I'm extremely relieved that the board haven't taken up the option of resigning him. What an absolute disaster that would have been. Hopefully this finally shuts up those mad weird wee guys that pop up on here talking about wanting to bring a guy home who was absolutely desperate to leave.