Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Think we were the only club he contacted. Does that make it better or worse? 
I think at that stage we’d been either turned down or messed about by loads of target signings.....not sure we had any CB’s signed at that point..... Rumsby was late, Elsden even later and not quite sure about Page. Panic was surely setting it. 
We signed him in the middle of June. Surely that would've been too soon to panic.

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:
11 minutes ago, JBJ said:
Think we were the only club he contacted. Does that make it better or worse? 
I think at that stage we’d been either turned down or messed about by loads of target signings.....not sure we had any CB’s signed at that point..... Rumsby was late, Elsden even later and not quite sure about Page. Panic was surely setting it. 

We signed him in the middle of June. Surely that would've been too soon to panic.

No other CB’s signed and the two Dumbarton CB’s turned us down.... mild panic then 

20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Peterhead getting a player from accies and Montrose a player from Dundee today, but there’s nobody available…

Can fully understand our busy recruitment team missing out on lads from Dundee going to Montrose- but an Accies lad going away up to Peterhead? Unless he hails from that region. 
Be interesting to compare our 2 loanees against our competitors in league 1 

5 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Peterhead getting a player from accies and Montrose a player from Dundee today, but there’s nobody available…

Concerning IMHO. 

P Heid and Montrose might've been better placed geographically...or have picked up a player for position we don't have a gap for like RB, CH, CM, RW or CF, or another CH or a 2nd CF.

I don't know, but we seem off the pace recruitment-wise.  Since Xmas we've lost our CF and a CH, in a kind of planned way, but we seem incapable of finding any warm body to fill the berth. 

The arguments have been done to death so I'm not really wanting to venture there again.

However, this is one of the exact reasons that I am not an owner. How can such a devisive decision be (apparently) made and then this not be immediately conveyed to the ownership? Yet again it is something being spilled second hand.

39 minutes ago, David W said:

The arguments have been done to death so I'm not really wanting to venture there again.

However, this is one of the exact reasons that I am not an owner. How can such a devisive decision be (apparently) made and then this not be immediately conveyed to the ownership? Yet again it is something being spilled second hand.

It’s why many owners are extremely unhappy. Communication to Owners and the support in general is very poor and in this case it’s caused consternation. It’s not “apparently “ it’s fact. A conscious decision has been taken by the Board to not take the player back on loan. He was not offered directly to any other club and the player was extremely keen to return.  

Normally I'd agree with this sentiment.

However, surely we don't expect decisions about "non-signings' to be explained to club owners. Do owners want input into recruitment of individual players? Do they want told of every player we knock back?

The Goodwillie situation is toxic in the press etc. The club are correct to keep shtum about the situation. Why bring the spotlight back onto Clyde?

I think the real scandal is the lack of comment over the past months by our Head of Football Operations about the poor quality of player we've actually signed.

1 hour ago, David W said:

I had an ownership for a year then didn't even bother renewing when the time came. 40 quid a year to be able to vote a MOTM and read a forum that's barely active.