Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

15 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Discarded by Gary Naysmith yet our mob thought he could step up a level. 

An excellent point. What were our recruitment team thinking?

With that in mind, let's ask that same question regarding a number of other signings in the optimistic summer of '21.

Bizarrely last weeks staring 11 contained a nucleus again of a decent side. A midfield containing McAllister, Splain and Livingston is actually pretty effective. A proper CM replacement for Gomis in there would be very welcome. Cuddihy at RB strengthens what has been a huge issue all season.
With Cunningham fit along with the option of Jaimieson again if, big if we could get a decent loan striker, we are back where we were 15 months ago with a team we could build on. (Obviously we can never replace with a player of Goodwillie’s level) 

What a wasted opportunity this and last season has been, we can’t allow it to happen again.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Considering he's only 31,I thought he would be decent enough for another couple of seasons but he's done.

I'm assuming we must have someone coming in as at leaves us with only 3 centre halves and one of them usually ends up filling at right back.

Is Marco still playing these days?

My only issue with the Balitoni signing was that obviously nobody had seen him play in previous 12 months or so. If they had it was obvious he was finished.

However, at the time I actually thought we were getting the player we had seen in L2 on previous occasions and was actually ok with it,  but as we all know that wasn’t the case… again my point I assume no one had watched him, at least hope nobody had , if they had and still signed him that that’s a worry!

35 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

My only issue with the Balitoni signing was that obviously nobody had seen him play in previous 12 months or so. If they had it was obvious he was finished.

However, at the time I actually thought we were getting the player we had seen in L2 on previous occasions and was actually ok with it,  but as we all know that wasn’t the case… again my point I assume no one had watched him, at least hope nobody had , if they had and still signed him that that’s a worry!

Yes. The mere fact Edinburgh let him go should have been considered more.

2 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yeah understand is one of the top earners and in top 5 is probably right.

Think top earners will be (in no particular order)

1. Goodwillie

2. Parry (replacing Mitchell)

3. Gomis

4. Love

5. Balatoni

I’d say

1. gone and not allowed back

2.Gomis

3.Balatoni 

4. Parry

5. Love