Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Someone on Twitter said, take him back, keep transfer money and Donate 25 grand to woman’s rape crisis?

Trust us to find ourselves on front page again!

Better still don't take him back and donate the entire fee to woman's rape crisis. 

18 minutes ago, an86 said:

Absolutely amazed to see the morality debate surfacing on this thread after years of chanting his name and idolising the c**t. Couldn’t mark your necks with a blowtorch.

You'd be coming on to fillet Clyde fans whether they displayed condemnation, indifference or keenness toward the idea of resigning him. Away ye go.

4 minutes ago, bullywee2010 said:

I'd bring him home ASAP. We are unlikely to have same issues as Raith have had with sponsors and fans etc as fans that have been going for last 5 years I assume will continue to go and our current sponsorships were arranged with him already at the club.

This ‘home’ chat doesn’t really help anyone tbh. Looks crap to those on the outside and obviously DGW didn’t consider it ‘home’ given he left for the first serious FT offer he received at the earliest opportunity.

44 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Honestly Moonster, I didn't look.  I didn't know it was publically available and didn't search for it.  

Forgive me but it seems a bit convenient that now your club has apparently pocketed £50k in selling him that the morals of actually having him as a player comes to the surface for many of you. 

19 minutes ago, bullywee2010 said:

I'd bring him home ASAP. We are unlikely to have same issues as Raith have had with sponsors and fans etc as fans that have been going for last 5 years I assume will continue to go and our current sponsorships were arranged with him already at the club.

There was no, or very little, negative press in the mainstream media around Goodwillie when any of our current sponsors signed deals in the last year or two. That will not remain the case if he resigns after the recent uproar. Sponsors would rightly reassess their position.

It would be moronic for the club to resign him now and I really hope we don't. It's time for Clyde to move on from Goodwillie.

Edited by Jaggy Snake