Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Given the reaction from Rovers fans, I can't help but wonder if Goodwillie might end up back at you guys on loan.

Some of their supposed massive boycotters will return to Starks before the seasons out anyway.

5 minutes ago, CM. said:

Some of their supposed massive boycotters will return to Starks before the seasons out anyway.

I suspect you're right. If Goodwillie hits 10 between now and the end of the season then I suspect a fair few fans will begin to change their tune. It's a hell of a risk for him mind you, because if he has a bad game or two then he's going to be absolutely hammered by their support. If their season begins to flag a wee bit then he'll be first to get blamed too.

Weird move all round for me. Although I'm pleased to see him away from you lot. He was like a cheat code in a game. Something you'd pay a fiver for that guaranteed you 20 goals a season regardless of the dross around him.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

5 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Sure it would be in the accounts somewhere.

His and Mitchells transfer will be in the accounts for the year to 30 June 2022 that are due to be filed by 31 March 2023 but it may not be possible to decipher from the accounts how much they were transferred for as it may be buried in amongst other income.

As an owner I will bring up the question at the AGM if it isnt clear from the accounts what they were sold for.

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I don’t think it will bother him one bit. He like most players won’t read all that stuff and players of his standard just don’t pay any attention to what get hurled at them from stands.. that’s why they are so good, mentality is so strong, in the sporting sense. 
That said if both parties want to change their minds then fine.

Agree with this.  He must be mentally very strong to get to where he is with all he has taken.  Most would have gave up ages ago and his coaccused, Robertson, didnt stay long in the game afterwards.

He could have just taken the easy option and stayed on with us but he has kicked things off again a new club which is going to bring all kinds of abuse from his new home fans, away fans as well as bring things back up for his family.

43 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Agree with this.  He must be mentally very strong to get to where he is with all he has taken.  Most would have gave up ages ago and his coaccused, Robertson, didnt stay long in the game afterwards.

He could have just taken the easy option and stayed on with us but he has kicked things off again a new club which is going to bring all kinds of abuse from his new home fans, away fans as well as bring things back up for his family.

Mentally strong or no conscience? 

2 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

The victim is mentally strong. Not your rapist idol. 

Once again I repeat, Clyde FC are the muck of Scottish football. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

17 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Tell you what you boys are Donald Ducked now in my opinion unless you bring back Alex Williams to bang in the goals I can see a slump in form for the Bully wee.

You trying to say Rob Jones won’t step up and score 10 between now and the end of the season?

Tell you what you boys are Donald Ducked now in my opinion unless you bring back Alex Williams to bang in the goals I can see a slump in form for the Bully wee.
We absolutely need to use the Ioan market to fill the gap as best we can, however we lost 1 match in a run that he barely played in since beating Falkirk. Staying away from 9th still the priority and we have a gap just now. Lewis Jamieson is a very capable player, a similar standard to him up top and another addition in midfield and I think we will be fine. It's undoubtedly going to be tough though.

4 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Very single minded, won't take no for an answer.