Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I said after the AGM went offline that I was fairly sure we were going to sell DGW around deadline, pocket the money and then hear tripe about our squad depth.

I was hoping I was being pessmistic - and fingers crossed I am still - but this is the direction we’re heading down

35 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

We are meant to be making another signing shortly and it's meant to be a decent one. Keep your fingers crossed it's not yer star man chaps. 

As a Clyde supporter I was getting excited reading this until I read 'another signing'... thought nope not us, as we've not made any, then when I read  'it's meant to be a decent one', then I knew it defo ain't us. We don't do decent signings,  just shit at best. 🙄

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We are meant to be making another signing shortly and it's meant to be a decent one. Keep your fingers crossed it's not yer star man chaps. 

DGW wants FT football. If Falkirk don't go up they're expected to be PT next season. Not sure he'd take that risk. 

20 minutes ago, Scotchpie said:

DGW wants FT football. If Falkirk don't go up they're expected to be PT next season. Not sure he'd take that risk. 

I don't think we will be part time next season if we don't go up. Might be a hybrid model but there's absolutely no chance we will be completely part time. 

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't think we will be part time next season if we don't go up. Might be a hybrid model but there's absolutely no chance we will be completely part time. 

Aye especially with the fact you're dishing out 18-month full time contracts to the likes of Paul Watson. Undoubtedly there are questions about this decision from Goodwillie given that he turns 33 in March and hasn't played full time football since 2017. Realistically, Falkirk are his only full time option given their relative desperation and the uproar when Raith were sniffing about. He's been coaching, so maybe he sees 1-on-1 sessions as a viable full time option for when he finishes? I don't see him passing his PVG if it were to become official though.

Goodwillie wants full time football and realistically, a combination of Callumn Morrison, Anton Dowds and David Goodwillie gets you promoted. It's really quite funny though what desperation has done to Falkirk FC and its fans, given how loud they were and how eager they were to call us all the names under the sun for accepting Goodwillie at our club when we were staring down the barrel of the Lowland League. Even the mere prospect of him signing two years ago had fans willing to tear up their season tickets. A couple of seasons down in League 1 will humble you right up.

55 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Aye especially with the fact you're dishing out 18-month full time contracts to the likes of Paul Watson. Undoubtedly there are questions about this decision from Goodwillie given that he turns 33 in March and hasn't played full time football since 2017. Realistically, Falkirk are his only full time option given their relative desperation and the uproar when Raith were sniffing about. He's been coaching, so maybe he sees 1-on-1 sessions as a viable full time option for when he finishes? I don't see him passing his PVG if it were to become official though.

Goodwillie wants full time football and realistically, a combination of Callumn Morrison, Anton Dowds and David Goodwillie gets you promoted. It's really quite funny though what desperation has done to Falkirk FC and its fans, given how loud they were and how eager they were to call us all the names under the sun for accepting Goodwillie at our club when we were staring down the barrel of the Lowland League. Even the mere prospect of him signing two years ago had fans willing to tear up their season tickets. A couple of seasons down in League 1 will humble you right up.

Still a very strong undercurrent of resistance to signing this nasty piece of work.

Val McDairmid was right in her condemnation of Raith thinking about signing him.

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Still a very strong undercurrent of resistance to signing this nasty piece of work.

Val McDairmid was right in her condemnation of Raith thinking about signing him.

I think a lot of this self righteous bollox will disappear if he does sign and scores the goal to get Falkirk into the playoffs.

Falkirk are either MF clever or MF daft here. They have low balled the offer, unsettled the player, created doubt in both sets of fans and created an unconvincingly small majority in their own poll. 

No one would be surprised if he joins Falkirk and no one would be shocked if he stays. If rumours are to be believed, he's on a decent contract, in respect of money and lending, and this has to be reflected in any serious offer to us. 

37 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

I think a lot of this self righteous bollox will disappear if he does sign and scores the goal to get Falkirk into the playoffs.

Falkirk are either MF clever or MF daft here. They have low balled the offer, unsettled the player, created doubt in both sets of fans and created an unconvincingly small majority in their own poll. 

No one would be surprised if he joins Falkirk and no one would be shocked if he stays. If rumours are to be believed, he's on a decent contract, in respect of money and lending, and this has to be reflected in any serious offer to us. 

Self righteous bollocks or natural dislike of a nasty individual?

Would never cheer any goal that that man scored in a Falkirk shirt and far from alone in that.

9 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would never cheer any goal that that man scored in a Falkirk shirt and far from alone in that.

Yes, you will. It's unfortunate but ultimately if he signs for you and does well, you'll end up supporting him the same way you would any other player.

I was against him signing for Clyde, no matter how desperate we were. He signed, and I sat stoney faced when he scored his first against Elgin. 10 minutes later he's scored a hat-trick and I'm celebrating. The people around you go tonto, and you get caught up in it. As a human, the things he done are reprehensible, of course, and I still feel guilty about celebrating his goals.

I have a slightly out-of-the-box question. You might be mentally much stronger than I and will be able to resist celebrating his goals. But say you win 1-0 and he's scored the only goal of the game, or wins man of the match, do you celebrate then, given that he has ultimately won the game? Where do you draw the line? People might think differently to me (unfortunate but whatever) but when it comes to this, the only real way to show your displeasure is by not engaging with the club as a whole whilst he's under contract.

39 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yes, you will. It's unfortunate but ultimately if he signs for you and does well, you'll end up supporting him the same way you would any other player.

I was against him signing for Clyde, no matter how desperate we were. He signed, and I sat stoney faced when he scored his first against Elgin. 10 minutes later he's scored a hat-trick and I'm celebrating. The people around you go tonto, and you get caught up in it. As a human, the things he done are reprehensible, of course, and I still feel guilty about celebrating his goals.

I have a slightly out-of-the-box question. You might be mentally much stronger than I and will be able to resist celebrating his goals. But say you win 1-0 and he's scored the only goal of the game, or wins man of the match, do you celebrate then, given that he has ultimately won the game? Where do you draw the line? People might think differently to me (unfortunate but whatever) but when it comes to this, the only real way to show your displeasure is by not engaging with the club as a whole whilst he's under contract.

I wont stop supporting the club I have followed since my first game in 1968 but I can assure you that I genuinely will not cheer or even mildly applaud anything he were to do in a Falkirk shirt.

I wont stop supporting the club I have followed since my first game in 1968 but I can assure you that I genuinely will not cheer or even mildly applaud anything he were to do in a Falkirk shirt.

Aye, if he scores the winner in the play off final and gets you promoted you’ll be sitting there stoney faced and raging.

3 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Aye, if he scores the winner in the play off final and gets you promoted you’ll be sitting there stoney faced and raging.

Would take more than that to change the face of a Falkirk supporter who’s been going since 1968. 

2 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Do you not mean the reprehensible things he has been accused of doing ?

No. For a start, he was found likely to have committed the rape in a civil court, so let's not lower ourselves by using the word "accused". All this tit for tat about the validity of a civil court case is bordering on insanity. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Look, that's absolutely fair enough and more power to you if you can stop yourself but you'll excuse me if I appear cynical considering my own, first hand experience.