Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

29 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

Apparently a couple of Polls running on Falkirk fan sites  of whether they would be happy for DGW to sign and poll suggests a majority would..although still running. Could be all smoke and mirrors. 

If I was a player I don’t think I’d be inclined to go to a club that hold a poll to see if The fans want you. Unless it’s a financial offer I can’t refuse I suppose. 

I’d just stay where I was.. you know it makes sense 🤪

a 

42 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

Apparently a couple of Polls running on Falkirk fan sites  of whether they would be happy for DGW to sign and poll suggests a majority would..although still running. Could be all smoke and mirrors. 

The first one was from a few days ago just on the COYB Facebook page which has 5.4k members, so probably fairly representative of our entire fan base.

The second was emailed today from the Falkirk Supporters Society to members only (around 300), who are the group looking to buy a controlling stake in the club

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 hours ago, Bob731 said:

How do we go about influencing these polls? 😄

In a sense, there are some parallels in Falkirks current position and the one Clyde were in when we signed Goodwillie.

If we hadn’t signed him, we would have been relegated from L2 and into LL obscurity. Falkirk are obviously only considering signing him as a hail mary to get them out of L1 and prevent a move into being a hybrid and potentially another several years in L1 and financial oblivion as a result.

However, would it not actually be beneficial for Falkirk to have become a hybrid club before now? Imagine even Falkirks standing now in terms of the size of the club and central location would attract the best part time players in Scotland, rather than having to scramble for some of the worst full time players.

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

In a sense, there are some parallels in Falkirks current position and the one Clyde were in when we signed Goodwillie.

If we hadn’t signed him, we would have been relegated from L2 and into LL obscurity. Falkirk are obviously only considering signing him as a hail mary to get them out of L1 and prevent a move into being a hybrid and potentially another several years in L1 and financial oblivion as a result.

However, would it not actually be beneficial for Falkirk to have become a hybrid club before now? Imagine even Falkirks standing now in terms of the size of the club and central location would attract the best part time players in Scotland, rather than having to scramble for some of the worst full time players.

The only thing I'd question in that is the bit about players signing. Some clubs try and fail with full time on crowds under 2000. But Falkirk get far more and seem to have decent commercial income. In any division they should be able to compete for half decent players.

I think their issues are more about colossal, comical mis-management.

They make Clyde look like the Bank of England these days.

8 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

Having a nightmare trying to find out where to watch the game. There's nothing on Clyde fc live. It says the price will come off my season ticket so the order has went through. 

The game is hosted on TicketCo Tv you need to download the app

Having a nightmare trying to find out where to watch the game. There's nothing on Clyde fc live. It says the price will come off my season ticket so the order has went through. 
Link should be In the email.

https://start.ticketco.events/how-it-works-ticketco-media-services/?mobile=no

if it’s to believed, someone on Falkirk thread is saying the offer for Goodwillie was £30k. 

Thankfully it was rejected, personally I’d be raging if anything less than £75k is accepted. I know it probably out prices him due to the “baggage” but personally I’d be saying £100k, that’s the price end of!

5 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

if it’s to believed, someone on Falkirk thread is saying the offer for Goodwillie was £30k. 

Thankfully it was rejected, personally I’d be raging if anything less than £75k is accepted. I know it probably out prices him due to the “baggage” but personally I’d be saying £100k, that’s the price end of!

Would agree, £100k or don’t bother getting it touch

Can see the BOD being weak and caving in at £50k

Without his goals and assists this year we would be on 12 points and bottom of the league, 2 wins v EF and recent wins v Alloa and Falkirk (where he didn’t play)

The cost to the club going down would be more than £100k and would be really difficult to get back up