Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/david-goodwillie-hands-off-warning-25838849

Good, strong statement from oor Danny here. The biggest annoyance about the persistent rumours we hear about DGW every transfer window is the attitude from supporters of bigger clubs, who think that their club will just come and pinch him from us, as if he isn’t under contract. It completely misses out the fact they’d have to pay a very good price for him.

Christ I’m a bit grumpy - time to go back to work, I think.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Personally i think there is more than just rumour about it and think that there is a good chance he will leave this window.

Not that I want him too.

Though hope the club hold out for proper compensation for him which would say should be at least £75k+.

As said before, would be good if the club just added another 2 years to his contract now to put an end to the transfer speculation which would take him till he is 35.

I know thats what I would be doing if we could afford to do it.

Would love to add a couple of years on to his contact, but I suppose the cup exit has maybe put paid to that.

His is it n todays market worth more than £75k  but realistically clubs won’t pay more due to his “baggage” which is unfortunate for both the club and Goodie. It would be a big decision to accept something like £75K given that without him we may well be a stick on to go down.( again cup exit does not help that) .

All in all it’s a good statement and I suppose reminds Goodie that we have been good to him too. I really hope it blows over.

No rumours about incoming players?

I have to admit to my naivety in thinking we would have had players lined up ready to sign immediately in January.

The reality is we'll probably be waiting for 18 year old, old firm kids in the last year of their contacts to take on loan.

I hope I'm proven wrong and we pull some cracking players out the bag. I can only hope we've learned our lessons re. recruitment.

As for Goodwillie, I can't see him leaving. Why would he want the grief of moving clubs and the publicity that would bring? Excellent wage at Clyde plus his other electrician (?) income would be difficult to match for a full-time team below the premiership.

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I have to admit to my naivety in thinking we would have had players lined up ready to sign immediately in January.

The reality is we'll probably be waiting for 18 year old, old firm kids in the last year of their contacts to take on loan.

I hope I'm proven wrong and we pull some cracking players out the bag. I can only hope we've learned our lessons re. recruitment.

As for Goodwillie, I can't see him leaving. Why would he want the grief of moving clubs and the publicity that would bring? Excellent wage at Clyde plus his other electrician (?) income would be difficult to match for a full-time team below the premiership.

He’s no an electrician. Disnae huv another job.
thats twice noo you’ve said about how good his wage is.... how dae you know what Clyde are paying him?. 

12 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

A couple of names were doing the rounds in December but seems to have gone quiet on that front. 

I do hope that our recent up turn in form doesn't cloud Lennon's judgement over the current squad. There are still several positions need strengthened badly.

38 minutes ago, CM. said:

A couple of names were doing the rounds in December but seems to have gone quiet on that front. 

I do hope that our recent up turn in form doesn't cloud Lennon's judgement over the current squad. There are still several positions need strengthened badly.

With our limited funds, who do you honestly think we could sign? In truth we can only hope to capture players who are not playing with their current team. If they're not playing,  how could anyone say that player x or y is good enough? This is exactly why our close season signing activity was shit.

He’s no an electrician. Disnae huv another job.
thats twice noo you’ve said about how good his wage is.... how dae you know what Clyde are paying him?. 
I was under the impression he had another job but I'll defer to your greater knowledge.

I may also be wrong about his salary at Clyde. I'm going on rumours from those around me at the match which seem to coalesce around the same salary. Again, I'll defer to anyone else that knows differently.

I was under the impression he had another job but I'll defer to your greater knowledge.

I may also be wrong about his salary at Clyde. I'm going on rumours from those around me at the match which seem to coalesce around the same salary. Again, I'll defer to anyone else that knows differently.
My impression that Goodwillie had an additional job for was from this article

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/17970153.danny-lennon-hails-perfect-professional-david-goodwillie-getting-life-track-rape-shame/