Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Scott Burns, who is usually on the money with these things, now linking Goodwillie with Raith. 

I can't see it happening. Above any other factor, surely you'd be well within your rights to demand a whoppy transfer fee for him? And I can't see Raith being able to splash out serious money on a 32-year-old.

Scott Burns, who is usually on the money with these things, now linking Goodwillie with Raith. 
I can't see it happening. Above any other factor, surely you'd be well within your rights to demand a whoppy transfer fee for him? And I can't see Raith being able to splash out serious money on a 32-year-old.
Someone else made the point on our thread but there's very little sense in the move. Sure, he'd grab goals but the overwhelming majority of our fans don't want us to sign him. We'd need to pay a fee while alienating a large chunk of our fan base. Clyde wouldn't want to lose a player who would normally be nowhere near this level.

42 minutes ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

just out of curiosity why are clyde fans happy to have a rapist play for them  ?

Because it’s football and team need survive. If you look at probably every team in Scotland most have at least one player or in some cases manager who have had “issues” with the legal system. Many have actually been convicted of a crime in criminal courts and have actually had prison sentences or community service. Unlike Him

As for David Goodwillie I assume like any employee he will have a PVG and as such as a part player is working both inside and out with football. In Goodwillie’s case it seems it’s as an electrician. 

He has been a brilliant player for us and I’ve enjoyed watching him actually saving our club from extinction. 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It would be a bit of a bizarre move considering Raith are pushing for the playoffs, Goodwillie has a career outside of football now and Raith aren’t operating on the “hybrid” model anymore (as far as I know). Plus he really does have an affinity for the club, so he wouldn’t blitz us.

However, stranger things. Always makes me nervous.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:
1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Someone else made the point on our thread but there's very little sense in the move. Sure, he'd grab goals but the overwhelming majority of our fans don't want us to sign him. We'd need to pay a fee while alienating a large chunk of our fan base. Clyde wouldn't want to lose a player who would normally be nowhere near this level.

Aye I really can't see it making any sense for either party. Clyde won't get anyone near his quality, and what are Raith splashing out on? A player who will divide fans, is likely past his peak and - whilst still outstanding at League One level - probably doesn't have that much longer left in him in the Championship, let alone if you guys get promoted.

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It would be a bit of a bizarre move considering Raith are pushing for the playoffs, Goodwillie has a career outside of football now and Raith aren’t operating on the “hybrid” model anymore (as far as I know). Plus he really does have an affinity for the club, so he wouldn’t blitz us.

However, stranger things. Always makes me nervous.

The bizarre aspect of it is the only thing that's making me wonder if there could be some truth in it. With my Sons hat on I'm obviously desperate for it to be true! But I just appears to make no sense at all.

Clyde should be asking for a serious transfer fee. His goals are invaluable. The only way this happens, imo, is if Goodwillie says to Danny Lennon that he'd like to move on and test himself at a higher level again.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye I really can't see it making any sense for either party. Clyde won't get anyone near his quality, and what are Raith splashing out on? A player who will divide fans, is likely past his peak and - whilst still outstanding at League One level - probably doesn't have that much longer left in him in the Championship, let alone if you guys get promoted.

The bizarre aspect of it is the only thing that's making me wonder if there could be some truth in it. With my Sons hat on I'm obviously desperate for it to be true! But I just appears to make no sense at all.

Clyde should be asking for a serious transfer fee. His goals are invaluable. The only way this happens, imo, is if Goodwillie says to Danny Lennon that he'd like to move on and test himself at a higher level again.

Our SLO has raised it with our fans director who in turn has flagged it to board and CEO. They've also highlighted the fan reaction at us just being linked alone to Goodwillie. I'd be astonished if we forked out a fee for a 32 year old player who will potentially get folk walking away from the club. Financially, it would make zero sense for us to move forwards with it let alone the ethical side of it.  

Edited by Broken Algorithms

In fairness, I remember a few seasons ago the Record reported that Livingston were in for Goodwillie and we heard very little about that either. I hope it doesn’t happen but, if it does, I would seriously hope we hold out for a substantial fee. Far more than the usual £10,000 and a packet of crisps nonsense.

22 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

If only Clydebank could "absolutely stroll" every week against the glorified social clubs in the joke of a league they currently occupy, maybe historic days like playing Clyde would come around more often. As it is, they have little to no chance of promotion, and you have to seriously question the professionalism of their players. The squad is obviously more than good enough to compete three levels above, so it's a disgrace that they're some way off the pace Auchinleck and Pollok are setting.

Auchinleck and Pollok would beat Clyde no problem.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Sounds like a fishing trip to me tbh.  And this would be in addition to the Rangers lad who is at Livvy?

Val McDermid quite vehemently saying Rovers shouldn't sign him on Twitter. Given she is the sponsor you'd think this should put any serious attempts to bed. 

Taking the moral side out of it. I would hope our asking price would be beyond what a Championship team could pay tbh. 

21 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Actually Goodie was limping quite badly after he was clattered for the denied penalty claim in the first half. 
obviously he kept playing because that’s what he does but hopefully I’ve added 2+2 and actually made 4 and is injured. 

He definitely needed a rest and besides we were only playing Falkirk